Top 10 QBs for NFL 100

Unitas, Baugh, and Graham take up 3 spots representing the early years.

Staubach and Marino make the top 10 over Young and Brees. 

I have no issue with Marino but you could make an argument for Brees who has a SB win and better career stats as a pure passer.

I would put Steve Young in over Staubach and Baugh. Young is usually my 6th best QB of all time ( Brady, Montana, Manning, Elway, Favre).

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

NFL 100 is a joke. No Kelly? That’s insane. 

Kelly is probably in the 11-15 range. Now, if he would have won a Superbowl or two, probably top 10. But he didn't...

Kelly is a top 10 all-time QB. I’d even rank him higher than Marino & Elway. 

Love Jim but can’t agree here.  When you only have 10 some greats get left off.  When they called the last name I thought it would be Young but Marino had some of the greatest years ever by a QB.

And the older guys?  Sammy Baugh changed the position.  Otto Graham won so many championships. Unitas doesn’t need to be argued at all.

That's the homer in you speaking.

Montana, , Elway, Manning, Favre, Young, Marino

Then you throw in the old timers out of respect like Unitas, Graham, Staubach, Baugh

Then current players like Brady, Brees, Rodgers.....You're dang near 15-20 range before Jim enters the conversation.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Unitas, Baugh, and Graham take up 3 spots representing the early years.

Staubach and Marino make the top 10 over Young and Brees. 

I have no issue with Marino but you could make an argument for Brees who has a SB win and better career stats as a pure passer.

I would put Steve Young in over Staubach and Baugh. Young is usually my 6th best QB of all time ( Brady, Montana, Manning, Elway, Favre).

Sometimes they put in players before your time, that’s okay

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Need those votes from people who are aren’t Bills fans, he wasn’t an elite among elites

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Brees not being on there is a travesty!! Below is a glimpse at his resume (which isn’t nearly finished). 

when you have to quote stats it defeats your purpose 

do I have to cobble together a list of Marino or Elway or Brady stats to try to make a case....

43 minutes ago, row_33 said:

do I have to cobble together a list of Marino or Elway or Brady stats to try to make a case....

I’d love to hear the argument for Marino over Brees. Brees basically broke every record that he had (and will end up being a wide margin). Marino went to a Super Bowl. Brees won a Super Bowl MVP. Without the worst “no-call” in NFL history (literally) Brees would have played for (and won IMO) his second Super Bowl. He may very well go again this year. If your argument is “stats don’t matter” please feel free to make the case for Marino.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

You do with Marino, stats are the only thing he’s got going for him.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My take: 

Top 3 are no-brainers.

4 & 5, no problem, I will defer to the historians.

6-10 are just a big jumble, they belong I guess but I can easily replace any of them with Brees.

PS. Steve Young is not in the conversation, he is far far below looking up at Joe.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

You do with Marino, stats are the only thing he’s got going for him.

I think if you're going to compare stats from two different areas you need to show how much above average, for their era, that the QB was. So instead of comparing Brees to Marino, compare them to the averages of their era and see which one was more elite in their time.

Given the rules changes that favor the passing game a direct comparison isn't exactly the best way of doing it.