St. Bonaventure Basketball 2019-2020

36 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Nice win against Richmond, Bonna faithful!   I believe Lunardi had Richmond as his “last 4 in.

I’ll be cheering for you.  Need a terrific showing in the A-10 tourney.

Thanks. It was a very good effort and a nice bounce back from the disaster against Davidson. We have the tiebreaker for 3rd place in the conference now and that would allow us to avoid Dayton until the finals, if we get that far. 

Nice win for Cuse too. I watched most of it and felt they would come back to win after a pretty bad first half. I enjoyed the B roll showing the construction of the new roof. Should be a very different experience when they are done. The center hung massive scoreboard should be a really nice addition.

• Like (+1) 1

Per all the bracketologists, it seems that we still have to win the A-10 tourney to get an NCAA bid.  It seems to me that a 3rd place regular season and run to the final should do it, but I guess not.  

I wonder where Dayton ends up this week, with 3 teams ahead of them losing Saturday.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/21/2020 at 5:45 PM, bbb said:

Huge game.  Sold out rare Saturday night game on 80s weekend.  A lot of friends will be there.  Go Bonnies!  

Hit a nice two game parlay on the Bonnies & the over Saturday.  Watched the whole game, the Bonnies played well.  Good atmosphere at the RC.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, bbb said:

Per all the bracketologists, it seems that we still have to win the A-10 tourney to get an NCAA bid.  It seems to me that a 3rd place regular season and run to the final should do it, but I guess not.  

I wonder where Dayton ends up this week, with 3 teams ahead of them losing Saturday.  

I think Dayton is pretty much locked in as a #2 seed.  They are not jumping Kansas or Baylor & I think they would have a tough time jumping the Zags at this point even with their loss Saturday.  San Diego ST, not sure about them, one more bad loss should get them off the one line.  But I think Duke would get it.  Kinda interesting if I'm the Aztecs, I would rather have a 2 seed out west, play an hour from your campus in the regionals & have to go thru Gonzaga in what should be a defacto home game than be a 1 see in the east, & have to run thru Duke or a team like Villanova in what would be a serious home court disadvantage for them.  East Regional is in MSG this year.  

19 hours ago, BarkLessWagMore said:

Thanks. It was a very good effort and a nice bounce back from the disaster against Davidson. We have the tiebreaker for 3rd place in the conference now and that would allow us to avoid Dayton until the finals, if we get that far. 

Nice win for Cuse too. I watched most of it and felt they would come back to win after a pretty bad first half. I enjoyed the B roll showing the construction of the new roof. Should be a very different experience when they are done. The center hung massive scoreboard should be a really nice addition.

Bonnies really had a few games early in the season that they had no business losing, Siena, Canisius come immediately to mind.  Plus they have some decent wins but no signature wins to date.  

14 hours ago, bbb said:

I'm afraid not.

As I posted months ago, those types of losses are impossible to overcome for an at large.

Best hope is for us to meet dayton in the finals and hope for a (huge) upset.

6 hours ago, Gordio said:

I think Dayton is pretty much locked in as a #2 seed.  They are not jumping Kansas or Baylor & I think they would have a tough time jumping the Zags at this point even with their loss Saturday.  San Diego ST, not sure about them, one more bad loss should get them off the one line.  But I think Duke would get it.  Kinda interesting if I'm the Aztecs, I would rather have a 2 seed out west, play an hour from your campus in the regionals & have to go thru Gonzaga in what should be a defacto home game than be a 1 see in the east, & have to run thru Duke or a team like Villanova in what would be a serious home court disadvantage for them.  East Regional is in MSG this year.  

Bonnies really had a few games early in the season that they had no business losing, Siena, Canisius come immediately to mind.  Plus they have some decent wins but no signature wins to date.  

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

I'm afraid not.

As I posted months ago, those types of losses are impossible to overcome for an at large.

Best hope is for us to meet dayton in the finals and hope for a (huge) upset.

I think things have changed with the criteria, but "last ten games" used to be a thing, and I thought they used to take into account if you had players hurt for those types of losses.  

If Osun had played every game, our record would look even better. 

• Like (+1) 2

Gutted after that loss tonight.  It was there for the taking, obviously.  Bobby P must have set the single game record for stepping out of bounds.

Now, apparently, we're not even in the NIT even if we win out until the championship in Brooklyn........We still can win that, but damn. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Well....................Play George Mason today.....................all or nothing in our situation.

Go Bonnies !

Damn - tournament is cancelled.  Season is over!  Now I'm actually glad the wheels were coming off the last few weeks.  If they had been on a roll, I'd be fuming and thinking we're cursed in WNY!  

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, bbb said:

Damn - tournament is cancelled.  Season is over!  Now I'm actually glad the wheels were coming off the last few weeks.  If they had been on a roll, I'd be fuming and thinking we're cursed in WNY!  

The wheels were coming off in Rhode Island too.....they blew their bid over the last 3 weeks.   At least they got to 20 wins.