St. Bonaventure Basketball 2019-2020

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

Good win on the road tonight over George Mason 

2 and 0 in the A-10 ?

Funny, i am so disgusted with the Richmond administration and their acceptance of mediocrity of the revenue sports and their refusal to move from their "exceptions" numbers...but now they are playing well may actually have to pay attention use some of my tickets..look like no Bona game till end of February

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Funny, i am so disgusted with the Richmond administration and their acceptance of mediocrity of the revenue sports and their refusal to move from their "exceptions" numbers...but now they are playing well may actually have to pay attention use some of my tickets..look like no Bona game till end of February

What are "exceptions" numbers?..............The Spiders are really playing well this year!  

2 hours ago, bbb said:

What are "exceptions" numbers?..............The Spiders are really playing well this year!  

How many guys they let on the team that would not get into school otherwise. Crimminy, they rejected a Yale graduate two years ago cause , ya know, Richmond has higher standards than Yale. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/31/2019 at 12:25 PM, IslandBillsFan said:

Who/what was the mascot in the late 80s?

A welder, duh

On 1/9/2020 at 12:20 PM, Irv said:

Go Bonas!

Sincerely,

Guy Who Sends Both Daughters, All Income, and Savings to SBU

I feel you Irv, if my wife has her way both of ours will attend Bonas.  

• Like (+1) 1

Bonas Win , 74-61 over UMass 

12 and 5 now, but those 5 losses were so bad it doesn't matter. No way to the dance without winning the A10 tourney.

Bonnies victorious in 11 of last 12. Impressive stretch. 4-0 league start.

Now the "fun" begins Sat afternoon at VCU. 

Edited by B-Man

2 hours ago, B-Man said:
Bonas Win , 74-61 over UMass 

12 and 5 now, but those 5 losses were so bad it doesn't matter. No way to the dance without winning the A10 tourney.

Bonnies victorious in 11 of last 12. Impressive stretch. 4-0 league start.

Now the "fun" begins Sat afternoon at VCU. 

And those 5 losses are 3 with Osun out, the game he got hurt and played less than 20 minutes and the UB game that he also played less than 20 minutes due to early foul trouble and eventually fouling out 

• Like (+1) 1

Osun is a game changer for sure. One of the more impactful players I can remember and he is just a Soph. Umass' freshman center was having his way with us while Osun was on the bench with foul trouble last night. Once O re-entered the game he shut him down and we won handily.

This team is fun to watch. This Saturday against VCU could be very interesting if Osun can stay on the court. I believe we can win if so.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, bbb said:

And those 5 losses are 3 with Osun out, the game he got hurt and played less than 20 minutes and the UB game that he also played less than 20 minutes due to early foul trouble and eventually fouling out 

The UB loss wasn't horrible, it is the Canisius, Ohio & Siena loss that kills their profile with or without Osun.  If they could of won those games they would of been 15-2, 4-0 in conference & sitting pretty strong for an at large,.  I wouldn't count their at large bid dead yet but it is going take beating Dayton & probably VCU once with no other bad losses to get in.  The bubble should be pretty soft this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Gordio said:

The UB loss wasn't horrible, it is the Canisius, Ohio & Siena loss that kills their profile with or without Osun.  If they could of won those games they would of been 15-2, 4-0 in conference & sitting pretty strong for an at large,.  I wouldn't count their at large bid dead yet but it is going take beating Dayton & probably VCU once with no other bad losses to get in.  The bubble should be pretty soft this year. 

That Rutgers win is looking way better now than it did at the time.  Pretty much turned the season around, too. 

36 minutes ago, bbb said:

That Rutgers win is looking way better now than it did at the time.  Pretty much turned the season around, too. 

That Rutgers win was huge.  Rutgers has a great chance to go dancing.  They are a quality team.  Good resume building win especially on the road.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bbb said:

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

That Rutgers win was huge.  Rutgers has a great chance to go dancing.  They are a quality team.  Good resume building win especially on the road.  

I love the optimism.

I  actually saw a game in the armory once, and I am a Saint Bona Alum (76), so I will not be accused of being a jump on the bandwagon type of fan.

The SNUB, from a few years back just haunts me.

We are a good young (improving) team, but I am sorry there is no way the NCAA picks us with losses to Canisius and Siena (Ohio, Vermont and UB are good teams)

I know how I sound, I'm hoping that we can go 12 - 4 the rest of the way (tourney included)  Dayton is a beast and I figure a few more road losses.

That makes us possibly 24 - 9 , in a good mid-major conference and we would not have a prayer of being picked.

The middle of the pack "Power Five" finishers would go first.

I hope that I am wrong, but either way the future appears to be good for many years ahead.

Go Bonas !

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

I love the optimism.

I  actually saw a game in the armory once, and I am a Saint Bona Alum (76), so I will not be accused of being a jump on the bandwagon type of fan.

The SNUB, from a few years back just haunts me.

We are a good young (improving) team, but I am sorry there is no way the NCAA picks us with losses to Canisius and Siena (Ohio, Vermont and UB are good teams)

I know how I sound, I'm hoping that we can go 12 - 4 the rest of the way (tourney included)  Dayton is a beast and I figure a few more road losses.

That makes us possibly 24 - 9 , in a good mid-major conference and we would not have a prayer of being picked.

The middle of the pack "Power Five" finishers would go first.

I hope that I am wrong, but either way the future appears to be good for many years ahead.

Go Bonas !

I don't think we're going to be an at large bid.  I think if Osun never got hurt, then we'd be talking.  But, I do think it's like last year - get that double bye, and hope somebody knocks out Dayton, and we've got a chance. 

The snub still haunts me, too.  Plus last year, dominating SLU and then having to come back to even have a chance and missing the three pointer.................Should have been 4 Dances in 8 years!  

The next two years, though.  We're playing all underclassmen - watch out!  

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Amen.

We proved that we cannot beat bad teams without him.

We're getting a right thumping today............☹️

No doubt - ugh!

37 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

What happened to him?

Something in the UMass game apparently.  And, the way they keep injury info even more secret than NHL teams, I don't know if we'll ever know.