Chuba Hubbard a good fit??

Bakin

2 minutes ago, pimp on da' net said:

I would like to see more...Is he a track guy playing RB? He has started this game off pretty good that is for sure.

IMO, RB's are valued more for short area quickness, elusiveness (making the 1st guy miss) and finish (falling forward).

So.....Singletary.   ?

Love Motor, but we need help for next year. More of a thumper would be a nice addition. 

• Like (+1) 1

If Etienne is available at our 2nd round pick, I sprint to the podium.  Heck, I might consider him with our 1st pick.  Josh needs playmakers to take the pressure off more than anything else.  We have some nice complimentary players on offense, but with the exception of Brown we have nobody else a defense has to worry about.  

I don’t hate Chubba in the right spot. He’s a home run hitter IMO. The Bills don’t have enough home run hitters. We don’t make a lot of 40 yard+ plays. I think Yeldon has a chance to be that guy otherwise. The Bills need a big back too. 

I suspect that the Bills draft either the 3rd down speed back (JJ Taylor) or a bruiser (AJ Dillon). I’d probably use Yeldon as the speed back and then draft Pooka Williams in 2021. That’s my dream.

Pooka would be one of my favorite picks ever for the Bills. He’s the best HS athlete I’ve ever seen by a lot. He’s what Reggie Bush could have been (but smaller). He will be an absolute star. The difference between a good back and a great back is a great back knows when he’s gone.  This dude is different!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm speechless by the amount of posts and threads on running backs on this board all the time.

It's the easiest position to find a viable player. You look at the recent running backs taken in the first round and the majority of them are middle of the pack in YPC. The offensive line is far more important than they are.

Draft capital and salary cap money is far better spent on every position before running back.

The Bills finally got smart and stopped blowing through high picks on running backs (three 1st rounders on RBs from '03 to '10) and now they're on the rise.

Edited by suorangefan4

5 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

I'm speechless by the amount of posts and threads on running backs on this board all the time.

It's the easiest position to find a viable player. You look at the recent running backs taken in the first round and the majority of them are middle of the pack in YPC. The offensive line is far more important than they are.

Draft capital and salary cap money is far better spent on every position before running back.

The Bills finally got smart and stopped blowing through high picks on running backs (three 1st rounders on RBs from '03 to '10) and now they're on the rise.

For me it’s about playmakers. I don’t care about RB or TE or WR or KR. The Bills need a few guys that can make big plays. Their offense doesn’t score a lot and it’s partly because they don’t hit home runs. I’m fine with it being any of those positions if once and a while those guys score from 50 yards out. That’s when the Bills take the next step. If they get 5 more TDs a year like that, they move from the bottom of the league in scoring to the middle. That’s a huge difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

For me it’s about playmakers. I don’t care about RB or TE or WR or KR. The Bills need a few guys that can make big plays. Their offense doesn’t score a lot and it’s partly because they don’t hit home runs. I’m fine with it being any of those positions if once and a while those guys score from 50 yards out. That’s when the Bills take the next step. If they get 5 more TDs a year like that, they move from the bottom of the league in scoring to the middle. That’s a huge difference. 

This is exactly where I’m at.  The Bills need to start adding some Kamaras, Hardmans and Hunts to their offense.  Maybe a Hunter Henry as well.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.