Tre/Allen for Mahomes Outcome

BillsfaninSB

I would trade White and Allen for Mahomes in a heartbeat and it would be the best trade in franchise history. We'd sign the best CB on the FA market and draft another. Add a #1 WR and a probowl OT and we'd be as good as any team in the NFL or better.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Mahomes will likely be in the hall of fame at the most important position in team sports.  That trumps an All Pro CB and a solid QB.  

Likely?

And how do we know Allen won't be a HOF'er?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'll reserve judgement until I see where both QBs top out in their development.

If I had to choose right now I'd say I'd rather have Mahomes than Allen+Tre, but Allen was a raw QB when drafted and is still developing (for that matter, so is Mahomes.) If Allen keeps progressing I'll be fine with the trade.

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It is not NEARLY that simple

Tre WHite is a major part of our defense....which would be backing Mahommes up.

KC wins by outscoring its opponents they do NOT have a good defense

This is correct... that’s why I said if Mahomes was on the Bills we would be Super Bowl favs...those extra picks used to move up for JA could have been used to draft secondary...but I get it- McD said he wasn’t ready to draft a QB...

2 minutes ago, Estro said:

Imo, it was a disaster.

This league is about your QB........and when you pass on a QB that looks like one of the best ever (when you needed a QB badly) that's a disaster.

Agreed...unless JA can improve to anywhere near Mahomes status, NFL films will be replaying that trade for years to come- just like “wide right”.

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Likely?

And how do we know Allen won't be a HOF'er?

Mvp in his first year vs a top 20ish qb after his 2nd year give the edge to Mahomes.

we don’t “know” anything about the future, we can just predict based on the past and present.  Both of those lean Mahomes 

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It is not NEARLY that simple

Tre WHite is a major part of our defense....which would be backing Mahommes up.

KC wins by outscoring its opponents they do NOT have a good defense

We’ll see how long it holds up, but KCs defense has been playing lights out. They haven’t given up a TD in 2 games and haven’t given up over 17 the past 5.

8 minutes ago, Estro said:

Imo, it was a disaster.

This league is about your QB........and when you pass on a QB that looks like one of the best ever (when you needed a QB badly) that's a disaster.

Judging by right now.........no question, passing on Mahomes when everyone knew you were going to have to draft a QB then or the following season just looks inexcusably horrible.

Getting a great CB and high ceiling LB is better than not but a QB like Mahomes has the potential to be a franchise changer.    

Not just potentially 15 years of contention but it can grow your fanbase and increase the value of your franchise and maybe even get a stadium built(see Lucas Oil with Peyton Manning).

But Allen could change the choice narrative.

I can remember watching 1984 Dan Marino have by far the greatest season a QB had ever had and thinking how devastating it was that the Bills passed on him to select Jim Kelly. 

It also seemed like the Dolphins were about to embark on some kind of dynasty.

Didn't actually happen though.

In the long run the Dolphins got the better passer but the Bills played in the SB 4 times and mostly dominated Marino/Shula in the Kelly era............so it didn't turn out too bad.

The other thing we don't know is what the state of QB play in the NFL is going to look like going forward.

More teams have their QB of the present or future now than has been the case since the merger.

It wasn't that long ago that more than half the league was shopping for their next QB.........now it's really just 6-8 teams annually and in some cases those teams have pretty decent QB's they are just looking to upgrade from.  

There has been a nice influx of young talented QB's in recent years............if that continues then perhaps a team like the Bills could actually get another shot at a great one if Allen fails instead of waiting a decade for their next shot. 

22 hours ago, NewEra said:

It’s not a disaster.  There isn’t a chief fan in the world that would take that trade back.  There are many Bills fans that would.  I’m as big a Tre and JA fan as there is, but Mahomes may eventually be the best QB ever.  Emphasis on “may eventually be”

Just wondering, those that are skeptical, confused etc.....why so?

is it because I said Mahomes may eventually be the best Qb ever?  

is it because I didn’t say anything good about JA and Tre?  

this is about as true as it gets guys.  

I love our guys (JA and Tre) and I’m very happy with them.  As this thread has proven, there are MANY bills fans that would prefer to have Mahomes over them.  I’d love to see a poll on the chiefs website asking if they’d rather have Mahomes or JA+Tre.  Fairly certain it would be 100% (minus trolls) for Mahomes.  

If Mahomes was the bills QB, he wouldn’t have been mvp last season and wouldn’t have the same career trajectory as he currently does.  He certainly looks to be a sure fire HoF if he avoids injury imo.  Best ever?  Pushing it, but of all the current QBs, he has the best chance of becoming the best ever (Brady is already and I don’t see any other veterans like Brees or Rodgers passing him).  That leaves the kids.  Mahomes is the best of the bunch imo.

1 hour ago, Estro said:

Imo, it was a disaster.

It would be, if the Bills had drafted Josh Rosen. The fact that they drafted a QB who is showing a great deal of promise, doesn’t make it anything close to a disaster. 

Again, the revisionist history in this thread is hilarious. Mahomes was put in a perfect place to succeed. That place didn’t exist for him in Buffalo. 

God I can’t stand this debate. I’m sick of all the Mahomes maybe the best ever. 

he’s throwing to the best and fastest WR in the game and he under throws him consistently, Hill makes incredible adjustments and makes great plays on a poorly thrown ball. 

Let it go. Dudes an OK QB nothing more and in 5-6 years after KC continues to win a ***** division and then gets bounced from the playoffs and Reed is let go MaJokes will be nothing. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

It would be, if the Bills had drafted Josh Rosen. The fact that they drafted a QB who is showing a great deal of promise, doesn’t make it anything close to a disaster. 

Again, the revisionist history in this thread is hilarious. Mahomes was put in a perfect place to succeed. That place didn’t exist for him in Buffalo. 

This is a good post...the key is that Josh is still improving so fans can be hopeful...next year will be crucial...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Yav said:

God I can’t stand this debate. I’m sick of all the Mahomes maybe the best ever. 

he’s throwing to the best and fastest WR in the game and he under throws him consistently, Hill makes incredible adjustments and makes great plays on a poorly thrown ball. 

Let it go. Dudes an OK QB nothing more and in 5-6 years after KC continues to win a ***** division and then gets bounced from the playoffs and Reed is let go MaJokes will be nothing. 

He’s an “ok qb” lol.  What is Josh Allen?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

This is correct... that’s why I said if Mahomes was on the Bills we would be Super Bowl favs...those extra picks used to move up for JA could have been used to draft secondary...but I get it- McD said he wasn’t ready to draft a QB...

Agreed...unless JA can improve to anywhere near Mahomes status, NFL films will be replaying that trade for years to come- just like “wide right”.

There is absolutely no way of knowing if those fantasy picks would have turned into tre white odds say they dont

3 minutes ago, Yav said:

Oh that’s right, an opinion on here can somehow be wrong.

You can have any opinion you like.  Just don’t get butthurt when people laugh at it.  

I asked before......if Mahomes is an “ok QB”, what is Josh Allen?

Edited by NewEra