Marc Miller (Dallas is Going Down) trying to cash in on the Bills

11 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

It would appear that Mike in Horseheads is saying that the Jills also felt that they were being unfairly exploited by the Bills and sued to get their fair share, and are now gone forever, which makes him believe Marc will be gone next.  (That’s the best I’ve got)

Gotcha, thanks.

From what I've read, the Jills were being exploited and rightfully spoke up after many years. Personally, I think the game experience could use hot cheerleaders, but maybe I'm just a small minority. 

As for Marc, I don't really care what happens. But I will stand up for his right to make money. I think using his likeness without his permission was a really shady move. And I thought it was weird how everyone instantly turned on him because he wanted to get paid. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

No b.c you wouldn't pay me when I know I am right.

There's a chance you're right. But only if Marc signed away the rights to his likeness at the time of the original filming. A lot of news companies don't use rights waivers though bc they don't need rights to broadcast news. And while it's ok for news companies to license the footage they shoot to be used in other news stories and documentaries that are covered under fair use laws, advertising purposes don't fall under fair rights usage.

So it's certainly within the realm of possibility that ABC (or whoever it was) licensed the footage to the Bills for a purpose they didn't have the right to license it for.

You can dislike the way Marc Miller has handled the situation on Twitter, but I don't understand why people think the little guy has no rights and the billion dollar corporation is automatic the good guy. I'd be pissed if my face was all over the internet to advertise a product without my consent, even if it was my favorite product. And I think anybody should be pissed if that happened to them. I happen to believe that people should have a say in how their image is exploited. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Great idea.  What's stopping you?

Pegula net worth $5,000,000,000.00

My net worth $250,000.00

$100,000.00 / $5,000,000,000.00 = 0.00002

$250,000.00 x 0.00002 = $5.00

So I’ll kick in $5.00 & Pegula can kick in $99,995.00. Deal?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Pegula net worth $5,000,000,000.00

My net worth $250,000.00

$100,000.00 / $5,000,000,000.00 = 0.00002

$250,000.00 x 0.00002 = $5.00

So I’ll kick in $5.00 & Pegula can kick in $99,995.00. Deal?

Why in the world would anyone kick in $5.00 - or even $.05?  Does anyone think that the guy that dresses like Elvis every game, or those guys that come dressed as chefs with Bills logos all over, get compensated every time the Bills use their likenesses in a commercial?  I doubt it.

There is likely some very fine print on the back of turdhead's Bills ticket that indemnifies the organization, the NFL, the networks, and any other stakeholders from situations like this, just as there is on a hockey or baseball ticket if you should get hit by a puck or a baseball.

You wanna jump in front of a TV camera at an NFL event on stadium property and act like an idiot for a few moments, fine - but don't expect to be compensated for it.

Again, JMHO

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

Why in the world would anyone kick in $5.00 - or even $.05?  Does anyone think that the guy that dresses like Elvis every game, or those guys that come dressed as chefs with Bills logos all over, get compensated every time the Bills use their likenesses in a commercial?  I doubt it.

There is likely some very fine print on the back of turdhead's Bills ticket that indemnifies the organization, the NFL, the networks, and any other stakeholders from situations like this, just as there is on a hockey or baseball ticket if you should get hit by a puck or a baseball.

You wanna jump in front of a TV camera at an NFL event on stadium property and act like an idiot for a few moments, fine - but don't expect to be compensated for it.

Again, JMHO

You might be right, if the original interview took place during a Bills game and was filmed by the Bills or the NFL. But probably not if it was a man on the street interview conducted by a news organization off premise and not during an NFL game. 

20 hours ago, T master said:

Can you say Turd ? The guy hasn't been thought of in over 20 yrs & they bring that video back & the first thing in todays modern way of thinking is 

SUE, I'm going to SUE you  what a ? !

Couldn’t agree more !!!

GOOO. BILLS 

19 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Just curious .. did you pay the Bills for the icon you are using for this site. Did Pinto Ron get paid for the BillsMafia video NBC recently did? Nope .. there are limitations. This was a fans rant caught on video .. he needs to chill. 

He needs to do more than chill.  Looks like an a**hole looking for a payout for a decades old ridiculous rant.  

If if for some reason he owns the rights, he is correct in asking for payment.  Doubt very much he has the rights to the video, or the words.