Marc Miller (Dallas is Going Down) trying to cash in on the Bills

8 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Poor move. He should be using this 15 minutes to help elevate himself. The fact that the Bills themselves are using his video is free publicity. 

All he going to do is ruin his ties with the Bills and in turn ruin the relationship with the fans. 

No one, player, fan, etc... is bigger than the emblem on the side of the helmet. 

Fatal error. 

Sophie's Choice!...picture this: a human hanging by their fingers on the edge of a cliff, next to them the bills emblem. Your choice, but you can only save one of them. You let the human go, you are directly responsible for the death of a human, you save human, the Bills move to a different city and change the team name...think Burbank Showcase Showdowns

What do you choose??

Edited by HardyBoy

9 hours ago, Motorin' said:

He's totally right. You can't use someone's voice and image in advertising without licensing those rights. He's going to get paid, and he should. That's how the world works.

He used the Bills to get “famous”.

Him and his buddy Gary can go suck an egg.

Time for Bills fans to turn their back on the loudmouth, Marc Miller.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

I'm surprised the Bills used the clip.  I don't think the guy has any legal or financial standing here, but I thought the Bills were heading in a classier direction, trying to reign in the table smashing and other foolish, drunken tailgating behavior.

To use that clip as a ticket-sales promo is saying,  "We approve of and condone some drunken turd-head getting all turd-faced and acting like a complete idiot."

JMHO

Now people are going to be wearing Turd -Heads to stadium :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Supposedly the guy does not drink, and was not drunk at the time. And I can buy that. Millions of sports fans don't need alcohol or drugs to act like this guy did. Also, you insulting him really doesn't say a lot for YOU.

Supposedly?  Or do you know the man?  I suppose if I acted like that 27 years ago, I'd quit drinking too.

And if I knew someone who acted like that without drinking, I'd advise seeking professional help.

If that reflects poorly on me, so be it.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

You know what's funny, the name of the show Marc was featured on was called "George Michael's Sports Machine." I think Marc misspoke and called him Gary instead of George.

And I'm personally interested in it because i work in advertising / video production. I see what people get paid to appear in ads, and I license video clips all the time... How much do you think the Bills paid their ad firm to produce that commercial?

Im curious , how much would it cost?

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

Supposedly?  Or do you know the man?  I suppose if I acted like that 27 years ago, I'd quit drinking too.

And if I knew someone who acted like that without drinking, I'd advise seeking professional help.

If that reflects poorly on me, so be it.

Think he was just mimicking the wrestling style promos that were huge at that time (he's channeling his inner macho man)

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, John in Jax said:

Possible answer: Most Bills' fans are dumb, just like most Bills' players are dumb? LOL

I think even a dumb person could understand the concept. But a closed-minded person? 

It's one thing if they were using his likeness to promote a non-profit event and he was asking for money on Twitter. That's a bad look. But Resurgence and the Bills marketing arm? He gets a decent lawyer and that's the easiest settlement in the world. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Sounds like he may be getting some bad advice. I would think at the least, it s better to have a lawyer call the Bills instead of using twitter...

Antonio Brown told him Twitter is the way to go, it works every time 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, The Senator said:

I'm surprised the Bills used the clip.  I don't think the guy has any legal or financial standing here, but I thought the Bills were heading in a classier direction, trying to reign in the table smashing and other foolish, drunken tailgating behavior.

To use that clip as a ticket-sales promo is saying,  "We approve of and condone some drunken turd-head getting all turd-faced and acting like a complete idiot."

JMHO

Actually Marc Miller lost my respect when he said he didn't go to Bills games any more because the "atmosphere is too rowdy".

What a ***** jackass to say that after what he is known for.?

The dude clearly hasn't been to a Bills game in a long time if he thinks that.

Back in the 90's it was a free-for-all.    It's romper room in there now and in the tailgate scene in general.

The little bit of table crashing gets a ton of pub but it's downright cordial in the lot's nowadays and if you are there you know it.

Unfortunately the hero Marc is kind of a poser as a Bills fan..........resting comfortably on his couch a half hour away from the stadium when the team isn't going to SB's.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think that it all depends on whether the promotional advertising he’s referring to is “commercial.”  Because if it isn’t, he has no case.  Media outlets and websites have been using that video for decades and he’s never brought suit to any of them.

I think he’ll try to say that this situation was different because it was advertising.  Not sure if it will make a difference.  

He never should have called them out on Twitter 

54 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Think he was just mimicking the wrestling style promos that were huge at that time (he's channeling his inner macho man)

Nah that’s more like Legion of Doom than Macho Man.  But yeah it’s definitely a wrestling promo

11 hours ago, Motorin' said:

The video itself does, but unless he signed his rights away, he still owns the rights to his likeness and voice. 

I also don't get the animosity here. The Bills are a billion dollar company and used the guy in a commercial to sell a couple million dollars worth of tickets.

Bills did their homework. This guy owns squat and should have taken a different a angle with the team if he wanted some coin. To coin a phrase, Marc is going down....

Edited by Green Lightning

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

I think even a dumb person could understand the concept. But a closed-minded person? 

It's one thing if they were using his likeness to promote a non-profit event and he was asking for money on Twitter. That's a bad look. But Resurgence and the Bills marketing arm? He gets a decent lawyer and that's the easiest settlement in the world. 

So like the Jills now we'll lose Marc? Get a grip

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Actually Marc Miller lost my respect when he said he didn't go to Bills games any more because the "atmosphere is too rowdy".

That was my thought when I heard him say that.  Actually, the 90s were tame compared to the early-mid 80s.  

12 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Someone translate this for me please. 

It would appear that Mike in Horseheads is saying that the Jills also felt that they were being unfairly exploited by the Bills and sued to get their fair share, and are now gone forever, which makes him believe Marc will be gone next.  (That’s the best I’ve got)