Marc Miller (Dallas is Going Down) trying to cash in on the Bills

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

you don't believe in the power of advertisements?

Not for purchasing football tickets, no.

Specifically, some excitable guy screaming his head off.  I'm pretty confident no one on God's green earth saw that and said, "you know what?  NOW I want to buy a ticket to a Bills game."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

Not for purchasing football tickets, no.

Specifically, some excitable guy screaming his head off.  I'm pretty confident no one on God's green earth saw that and said, "you know what?  NOW I want to buy a ticket to a Bills game."

clearly you've never seen a fucillo commercial and that guy seems to be killing it

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, aristocrat said:

clearly you've never seen a fucillo commercial and that guy seems to be killing it

I see and hear Fuccillo commercials literally every day.

Again ... I didn't say commercials/advertising don't work.  I'm saying commercials/advertising don't make people decide to buy Bills tickets.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I see and hear Fuccillo commercials literally every day.

Again ... I didn't say commercials/advertising don't work.  I'm saying commercials/advertising don't make people decide to buy Bills tickets.

so why did the bills use it?  their million dollar pr department clearly thought it would help.  you're thesis makes no sense

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

so why did the bills use it?  their million dollar pr department clearly thought it would help.  you're thesis makes no sense

That's a great question and one I don't have the answer to.

Your usage of "you're" makes no sense.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

That's a great question and one I don't have the answer to.

Your usage of "you're" makes no sense.

damn i was writing somthing else and left it in there.  so you'd have to entertain the idea that the bills saw real return on their valuable dollars by showing this video correct?  could have worked could have failed but someone said hey let's spend some money in this campaign with this guy.  someone who has made a career out of ads. 

30 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

I kind of agree with him using his likeness for the beer sales. I suppose there's technically no difference between the Bills using his likeness for "advertising"/"ticket sales" then there is for a beer company, but he tacitly approved of the Bills with the original intent of the video. 

While I think his going after the Bills is in poor taste (I can't speak to the legality), I think the beer company using his image without approval is in even worse taste.

Which is probably appropriate, given what I've heard about the beer...

23 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Resurgence said on their twitter that they reached out to him. Not sure what the outcome was. From his comments I'm guessing they reached out and he said well what are you doing for me $$$? They said, well your likeness is public, were not paying you anything we just want you to be apart of this great beer. Kinda disappointed as I was pumped for this release but they were out of stock already when i tried to get some. Kinda glad i didn't now...

I heard at one point, Resurgence, was re-releasing the beer. And Marc Miller was going to attend the release.

The guy keeps going back and forth. Sometimes he acts like he hates the publicity, and others, he is posting new videos, and introducing bands at concerts, acting like he did 25 years ago.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Poor move. He should be using this 15 minutes to help elevate himself. The fact that the Bills themselves are using his video is free publicity. 

All he going to do is ruin his ties with the Bills and in turn ruin the relationship with the fans. 

No one, player, fan, etc... is bigger than the emblem on the side of the helmet. 

Fatal error. 

One time I was using Rayden (my fave btw) and I was fighting Scorpion. We both had about one hit of energy left but I was on the attack. I decided to try some electricity on him but he knew it was coming so he flipped back, then fired his chain at me, after a quick “COME HERE” he uppercutted me and it was over.

that my friend, was a fatal error.

• Haha (+1) 3

If they are going to use it for promotion, they should throw a little money his way. 

But him acting hurt and disappointed, nice try buddy.  You’ve been recreating it lately because you see a financial opportunity.  Just own it. 

4 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

One time I was using Rayden (my fave btw) and I was fighting Scorpion. We both had about one hit of energy left but I was on the attack. I decided to try some electricity on him but he knew it was coming so he flipped back, then fired his chain at me, after a quick “COME HERE” he uppercutted me and it was over.

You call yourself a fan?  Okay, in which games was that spelling of Raiden used?  

They changed it up 

This dude's been saying this for over a month now, ever since they used the clip to promote the Dallas game. There was an article written on him, I forgot who wrote it (maybe Matt Parrino?) and Miller seemed like he couldn't answer any question without including that he should be getting paid somehow for this. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I believe this originally aired on George Michaels Sports Machine.Not a local news broadcast... But they may have got the video from the local news so who knows.

Now that’s  a name I’ve not heard in a long time.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, End The Drought said:

Absolutely. He is getting bashed on Twitter 

well then

He will have to put a stop to that!!!

2 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Now that’s  a name I’ve not heard in a long time.....

or The Commissioner telling callers he was “tremendous my friend!!!” giving away Dirt Devils and Pursue the Pennant games for contests

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Poor move. He should be using this 15 minutes to help elevate himself. The fact that the Bills themselves are using his video is free publicity. 

All he going to do is ruin his ties with the Bills and in turn ruin the relationship with the fans. 

No one, player, fan, etc... is bigger than the emblem on the side of the helmet. 

Fatal error. 

agreed! Try to get some free tickets or on-field time or something too. 

23 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Scorpion had the best Fatalities.

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I wonder if he charged Every Time I Die to introduce them at their Xmas show too. Cmon Marc enjoy your 15. 

Every time I Die:wub:

28 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Johnny Cage's nutbreaker was my favorite... except on Goro, apparently he is ?-less. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I saw the article in TBN right around the Dallas game and he was already angling about the Bills using his likeness and all that.  Was a bit annoying.  

At least contact the team or something and see if you can finagle something out of them.  Dunno.  Passes, season tickets, a scripted appearance in a new commercial, team merch, or whatever.

If he thinks he is positioning himself for a big payout or something, he is just going to humiliate himself and make people dislike him.

• Like (+1) 2