Chances Bills play first game of wildcard weekend?

Negan

16 hours ago, sullim4 said:

ABC/ESPN generally gets the least desirable game of the four.  NBC gets the better game from the other conference.

Bills/Texans is a virtual lock for the ABC/ESPN slot.  The NFC teams likely playing on wild card weekend are all big draws - Eagles/Cowboys, 49ers/Seahawks, Saints, Vikings, etc.  Thus NBC is going to get an NFC game and ESPN is going to get the worst AFC game.

I think the Chiefs get the Sunday AFC slot regardless of opponent.

Not true.

6 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Will be on ABC/ESPN which means Joe Tessitore and Booger McFarland MNF announcing crew ?

We don't know that yet.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t know the Texans have played 5 Saturday games in this round I think. The 6 seed is either going to be a really bad team (Pittsburgh/Oakland) or a team no one cares about (Titans). That feels like the early Sunday game to me.

It doesn't matter who is bad. Dallas, if they get the crown, will be in the late Sunday slot. Pittsburgh has a huge national following and also will be featured if they get in.

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Terrible in the same way that the Cowboys game was crazy high ratings?!

The Pittsburgh and Dallas game had high rating since Dallas and Pittsburgh were in those games. Buffalo historically draws lows rating, even if they didn't at Dallas. Read the 506 forum to learn from the experts.

1 minute ago, DBilz2500 said:

Who else would be the announcers for an ABC/ESPN telecasted game? He called the 1 wildcard game last year as well. 

We don't know if the Bills will be on ABC yet. They could be on any network.

16 hours ago, Augie said:

Rut Row! 

The wife has to be in Newport Beach, CA Jan 1-4. I accepted that trip a while back because she loves it there and I’ve never been. I wasn’t thinking about details! I may have messed up! There will always be other trips. She, of course, has no idea that it’s a HUGE football weekend. 

Oops! 

Take her to the Yard House in Newport Center. She can shop, you watch the game. Problem solved!

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Lamar

Brady

Mahomes

Watson

Allen

Tannehill

Brees

Jimmy G

Rodgers

Wentz

Wilson

Cousins

When did the AFC become the exciting QB conference??

When Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes joined AFC teams. Lamar and to an extent Allen from the following draft help as well. 

My spectrum guide has Fox already with the late slot on Saturday night, so probably don't have the Saturday night game.

NBC and CBS both have the 4:30 Saturday game, so obviously only one would have that slot

Edited by Negan

18 hours ago, sullim4 said:

ABC/ESPN generally gets the least desirable game of the four.  NBC gets the better game from the other conference.

Bills/Texans is a virtual lock for the ABC/ESPN slot.  The NFC teams likely playing on wild card weekend are all big draws - Eagles/Cowboys, 49ers/Seahawks, Saints, Vikings, etc.  Thus NBC is going to get an NFC game and ESPN is going to get the worst AFC game.

I think the Chiefs get the Sunday AFC slot regardless of opponent.

...ironically the NFL concentrates their matchups on merchandise sales potential which shocked me when I heard it from some friends connected with NFL teams....think the NFLPA states players get 48.5% and League gets 51.5%...........

4 hours ago, egd said:

Not true.

We don't know that yet.

It doesn't matter who is bad. Dallas, if they get the crown, will be in the late Sunday slot. Pittsburgh has a huge national following and also will be featured if they get in.

Last year the Cowgirls were on Saturday to the Bears/Eagles on Sunday, so.....

5 hours ago, egd said:

This is false. The NFL decides,  in consultation with the teams. Any team can play any day, but the lowest rated game usually is the first game on a Saturday. That would be Buffalo at Houston, most likely.

You need to read this forum more to see how NFL TV programming works (need to register first):

https://506sports.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

Buffalo always has low ratings, as does Houston. Green Bay and the NFC East are the big draws, as are New England and Pittsburgh.

Because Buffalo draws low ratings.

you don’t need to register to see 506 sports maps 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

One thing I would bet money on:

IF KC wins their wildcard game that means a game in NE in the divisional round

I 100% guarantee that NE KC will be the late Sunday game of divisional round. The Ravens Bills game will be early Saturday even though the Ravens are the 1 seed

The Ravens would play Saturday and get the extra days rest before the AFC title game due to their status as the #1 seed. 

My second job, at a local high-end restaurant, virtually guarantees I'm unable to watch anything on Saturdays from 4 pm to about midnight. 

The generationally-indelible Bengals-vs-Steelers outcome two years ago? Yep, I was working. 

Kind of ironic given our access to the Bills and Sabres over the years, that we'd miss such historically significant contests due to the job...but I'm mostly convinced the wildcard game will be Saturday at 4:30. Can I afford to quit? THAT'S the question...

29 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

My second job, at a local high-end restaurant, virtually guarantees I'm unable to watch anything on Saturdays from 4 pm to about midnight. 

The generationally-indelible Bengals-vs-Steelers outcome two years ago? Yep, I was working. 

Kind of ironic given our access to the Bills and Sabres over the years, that we'd miss such historically significant contests due to the job...but I'm mostly convinced the wildcard game will be Saturday at 4:30. Can I afford to quit? THAT'S the question...

not worth it to quit

it’s not historically significant at all

19 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

you don’t need to register to see 506 sports maps 

For the Wednesday, public version, you don't need to register. But to see the preliminary version on the forums when they are released on Sunday, you do, as the forums are locked by password protection.. 

• Like (+1) 1