Chances Bills play first game of wildcard weekend?

Negan

I thought the 5th seed is usually Saturday morning. It’s the 6th seed relegated to the Sunday slot. Remember our game against Jacksonville two years ago that nobody wanted to see? Houston is a major market and the Bills are an intriguing team and draw ratings so I don’t think they’ll put it on Sunday morning. I’ll be going so hope it is Saturday.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I thought the 5th seed is usually Saturday morning. It’s the 6th seed relegated to the Sunday slot. Remember our game against Jacksonville two years ago that nobody wanted to see? Houston is a major market and the Bills are an intriguing team and draw ratings so I don’t think they’ll put it on Sunday morning. I’ll be going so hope it is Saturday.

You should be correct. The higher seeds play on Sunday, which means the 3 plays the 6 then? 

ABC/ESPN generally gets the least desirable game of the four.  NBC gets the better game from the other conference.

Bills/Texans is a virtual lock for the ABC/ESPN slot.  The NFC teams likely playing on wild card weekend are all big draws - Eagles/Cowboys, 49ers/Seahawks, Saints, Vikings, etc.  Thus NBC is going to get an NFC game and ESPN is going to get the worst AFC game.

I think the Chiefs get the Sunday AFC slot regardless of opponent.

Rut Row! 

The wife has to be in Newport Beach, CA Jan 1-4. I accepted that trip a while back because she loves it there and I’ve never been. I wasn’t thinking about details! I may have messed up! There will always be other trips. She, of course, has no idea that it’s a HUGE football weekend. 

Oops! 

• Haha (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

ABC/ESPN generally gets the least desirable game of the four.  NBC gets the better game from the other conference.

Bills/Texans is a virtual lock for the ABC/ESPN slot.  The NFC teams likely playing on wild card weekend are all big draws - Eagles/Cowboys, 49ers/Seahawks, Saints, Vikings, etc.  Thus NBC is going to get an NFC game and ESPN is going to get the worst AFC game.

I think the Chiefs get the Sunday AFC slot regardless of opponent.

I think this will hold true. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

FWIW , Synopsis of playoff scenarios on NFL.com stated “ don’t be surprised “ if Texans get early slot on SAT for playoffs. 

I noticed that too. Certainly not set in stone but it came from an “official” source. Would be fine with me, won’t have to change any travel arrangements that way ?. Would also rather travel home Sunday instead of Monday  to either continue the celebration or to wallow in my tears. 

48 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I would think for Ratings Buffalo vs Houston and the NFC 3seed vs the Vikings will be the two premiere games 

If the Titans get in...then we will either have a  AFC South showdown or  Titans at KC...Both are very intriguing....The  AFC is back with a bang this year.

It will 100% be either the first game on Saturday or the first game on Sunday.  There's no chance the Bills get one of the later spots.  

I would think Saturday has a more likely chance for the Bills, but they did put the Bills Jags game as the 1 PM Sunday game just 2 years ago, so I wouldn't rule it out.

I actually think that if the Steelers or Raiders make it as the 6 seed, the NFL would see blowout potential (vs the Chiefs) and make that the first Saturday game.  The Bills have played a lot of tight games vs Quality teams and I believe the NFL views the 1PM Sunday slot as more valuable than the 430PM Saturday......and would have more of a desire to have a more competitive game be played on Sunday given the choice.

I know I’m in the minority, but I’d love to be the first game as I hate watching late games.  Maybe my age, but I get up at 5 am even on weekends, so these 8:30 pm games are a killer for me.  I of course would stay up for it, but ruins the next morning.  It’s brutal walking the dog and working out on three to four hours sleep.

I hope all of you right as late afternoon games are fun, but during the season 1 pm games are my favorite as you can go to you’re favorite watering hole, and still be back for Sunday dinner.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

If the Titans get in...then we will either have a  AFC South showdown or  Titans at KC...Both are very intriguing....The  AFC is back with a bang this year.

Houston can't get to the third seed if the Titans get in.