11-5 sounds so much better than 10-6

PUNT750

12 hours ago, Curt said:

I thought that regular season record didn't matter for playoffs teams in regards of the draft order. Isn't it based on how far you go in the playoffs?

Record is a tie-breaker for teams that lose in the Sam round. If there is a 11-5 team that loses at the same time as a 10-6 team, the 10-6 team picks first. If the teams have the same record and lose in the same round, it goes to tiebreakers.

I think they're going to be motivated to come out of this game with a victory to lead them into the playoffs. Someone already mentioned it here but losing your last three out of four isn't the greatest. They split the season into four quarters, and they've gone 3-1 in each quarter. Right now in the final quarter they are 1-2, I doubt they wanna be 1-3 even though it's a meaningless game for both teams. I do agree with OP, though, I like 11-5 a lot more than 10-6 but either way once that game is over the Bills are then 0-0 along with every other playoff team.

Pros for playing starters and getting the win:

1. Both times Bills starters had extended rest they came out flat the following week (Mia and Balt). 

2. Losing 3 out of 4 going into the playoffs is a bad look. Not what good teams do.

3. 11 wins is a great milestone.  Bills will get more respect in future.  More prime time games possibly.  More attractive for FAs possibly. 

Cons

1. Starter could get hurt.  How bad would that look?

2. Getting a back-up more playing time would be nice if needed in January.  If JA went down in Houston I would feel a lot better if Barkley had a full game under his belt. 

I think I agree with the HC.  Play the game to get the win by playing the starters. 

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

Ten wins is a tiny perch above mediocre in an NFL season

some years almost half the NFL has 10 wins

There are only 2 other teams that are non division winners with 10 wins. There is one division that won’t even have a 10 win team. 

last year there were 3 non division winners that had 10+ wins.  In 2017 there were 2. I’m not going to keep going back.