11-5 sounds so much better than 10-6

PUNT750

2 hours ago, Sunshower said:

There’s nothing more disrespectful than beating a team with your backups. Hopefully Josh gets a quarter and Barkley comes in and lays a massive shalacking on the Jets. That way they just know that this is Buffalo’s division next year and beyond. Send a message.

CONCUR.......if the Jests need a reason to despise the Bills more we beating them with our backups is just the ticket.Beyond the SWEEP  It is indeed a slap in the face and scoreboard  above scoreboard...a win is a win and a loss is a loss unless we in their eyes show a team disrespect by not playing your 1st team and STILL beat them...that breeds bitterness y'all and I would guess NFL football players have more ego and pride than the average joe schmoe I think it would rankle...They should know its just business and nothing personal but it would have to be a blow nonetheless......Unless they have no pride or they really dont care beyond the paycheck...which may be possible  too actually I bet it depends on the player but overall I would think the best of the best hate to lose and against backups?? LOL I can sense the chagrin it makes me happy should it happen...if not well we still have PLAYOFFS they have squat this year and a coach with a creepy gaze...LOL J E T S ..J.ust   E.ndure   The....Shame...!!!!!! 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

It may sound better but may well worsen your draft position.  What's more important in the big scheme of things?

The order is determined by the standings at the end of the regular season: The club with the worst record will pick first, and the one with the best record will pick 20th. Teams that did qualify for the playoffs are assigned draft slots 21-32.

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

when’s the last time they won 10? How about the last time they won a playoff game? Shouldn’t that be the focus, instead of risking injury to starters to secure an arbitrary number?

The Force is strong with this member. You sir have the wisdom of Yoda and focus of a Jedi.

11 wins will be just that, 11wins.. Rather have 10 wins and a AFC Championship appearance than 11 with an early exit.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Sunshower said:

There’s nothing more disrespectful than beating a team with your backups. Hopefully Josh gets a quarter and Barkley comes in and lays a massive shalacking on the Jets. That way they just know that this is Buffalo’s division next year and beyond. Send a message.

Like we got nailed in 2004!

• Like (+1) 1

People act as if all the starters can rest.  There aren't enough players.  There will still be quite a bit of starters left on the field.   Likely most of the oline.  Probably at least 1 receiver.  At least 1 TE.  Singletary or Gore.  A lot of the defense will be on rotation throughout the game. 

5 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

when’s the last time they won 10? How about the last time they won a playoff game? Shouldn’t that be the focus, instead of risking injury to starters to secure an arbitrary number?

arbitrary?

that's what Microsoft thought with Windows ME, XP, and Vista, before coming to their senses. 

numbers matter.

The Bills have been stressing continuity since McD took over.  The last thing he wants is to take a machine that's working pretty well and start swapping parts in and out.  What he wants to do is get his starters tuned up so they play better and better, week upon week. 

This isn't like the final preseason game where all teams keep their starters out.  That's done in the preseason partly to avoid injury and partly to give marginal players a chance to show their team or other teams they have something the teams want.  In this case the team just needs to keep following its routine and carry that approach forward to the playoffs.

11 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Beating a division rival and establishing dominance is nice, especially for the home crowd.   But I sure hope #17 is on the bench after a series or two.  

Remember we are playing a Gregg Williams defense.  

This is an exellent point @Bob in STL. We should never forget that we are playing Captain headhunter himself.

9 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

It may sound better but may well worsen your draft position.  What's more important in the big scheme of things?

[insert forehead slap here] This is sarcasm right?.... i hope! Other wise you just sound.....dumb. 

11 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

And losing 3 of your last 4 heading into the playoffs is never good no matter the circumstances. 

it won't matter...after Sunday a new season starts and prep begins for the playoffs. Regular season will and should be forgotten

11 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

And losing 3 of your last 4 heading into the playoffs is never good no matter the circumstances. 

Hear hear.

Ask Tony Dungy about resting starters.  Then ask the guy who has won 11 div championships in a row.