11-5 sounds so much better than 10-6

PUNT750

11 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

Let's just beat the JETS and get to 11 wins.  That puts us in the same  category as the Chiefs, Patriots etc. 

but new england has 12 wins. Chiefs can get to 12. Are 11 wins in the same “category” as 12 in some way that 10 are not?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LB48 said:

The Bills haven't won 11 games in a season since 1999.  That's 20 years ago.  Go for it!

when’s the last time they won 10? How about the last time they won a playoff game? Shouldn’t that be the focus, instead of risking injury to starters to secure an arbitrary number?

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

There’s nothing more disrespectful than beating a team with your backups. Hopefully Josh gets a quarter and Barkley comes in and lays a massive shalacking on the Jets. That way they just know that this is Buffalo’s division next year and beyond. Send a message.

Barkley has thrown 24 More NFL passes than me in the past 3 years...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LB48 said:

The Bills haven't won 11 games in a season since 1999.  That's 20 years ago.  Go for it!

Buddy, that's the last time they won 10 games as well.

I'd be fine with a loss, 10-6 sounds good to me too, because that was the record the Bills had the last season they won a playoff game, 1996.  

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

when’s the last time they won 10? How about the last time they won a playoff game? Shouldn’t that be the focus, instead of risking injury to starters to secure an arbitrary number?

Starters?  They only have so many back-ups that are NFL quality.  Duke, Gore, Yeldon etc.

Just now, LB48 said:

Starters?  They only have so many back-ups that are NFL quality.  Duke, Gore, Yeldon etc.

Fine by me - if they can go out and get the W with their backups I say go out and get it. But 11 is not much more meaningful than 10. That’s all I’m saying.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

I don’t think our coaches have a concern for an arbitrary number.  I think they’re concerned for fixing some weaknesses and sloppy fundamentals that were revealed against the Pats and they are focused on the best way to achieve that and give us the best chance to win a playoff game...the way our D played against NE will not cut it in KC and neither will offensive play against Pitts and NE.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t think our coaches have a concern for an arbitrary number.  I think they’re concerned for fixing some weaknesses and sloppy fundamentals that were revealed against the Pats and they are focused on the best way to achieve that and give us the best chance to win a playoff game...the way our D played against NE will not cut it in KC and neither will offensive play against Pitts and NE.

Yes.  Iron sharpens iron and we got a few jagged edges.  I’d like to see Josh hit Knox with a touch pass  ?__...••***?

• Like (+1) 1

McD doesn't care if they get to 11-5 or 10-6.  The playoffs are all that matters.  I do think the Bills play fundamentally sound football and win the game in a very boring fashion, so we will get to see 11-5.

1 hour ago, buffalostu2 said:

Doesn't change our playoff spot but going from 10 to 11 wins could drop us down several spots in the draft order.

If it negatively impacts us in any way I don't really care how it sounds, gimme 10-6

I thought that regular season record didn't matter for playoffs teams in regards of the draft order. Isn't it based on how far you go in the playoffs?

• Like (+1) 1