Ever read this board and think how the heck is this team 10-5?

No pash rush...get run all over...oline can’t block to save their lives...Cody Ford should be selling insurance...Edwards sucks...Milano sucks...Oliver is a bust...always getting out coached...and Josh Allen sucks so bad Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell feel sorry for you level suck...I could imagine what people would be like if we where 5-10 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

No pash rush...get run all over...oline can’t block to save their lives...Cody Ford should be selling insurance...Edwards sucks...Milano sucks...Oliver is a bust...always getting out coached...and Josh Allen sucks so bad Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell feel sorry for you level suck...I could imagine what people would be like if we where 5-10 

People tend to be overcritical of their own team without actually watching how other teams in the NFL play

To hear the board you would think that no other QB in the league throws a bad pass.......but it is what it is

• Like (+1) 9

I mentioned something similar the other day. With the Bills heading into the playoffs and being on tv a bunch we may have made some new fans who may come here to visit and see what we’re like. And any new fan on here would be thinking holy cow they’re a playoff team and it’s this negative, wonder how bad it was on all the losing seasons ?

Any loss brings out the haters on here who tend to hide when we win or certain players look good on game day. But a loss, now it’s time to shine for some lol they put their GM cap on and tell us why they knew better than to draft guys, coach hats to tell us what we’re doing wrong. It does bring some entertainment and good debates though especially on the slow days 

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Umm pretty much the same you must not have been around for the last 20 years

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Many people just do not have the skills to critique and not slobber on themselves at the same time, just sayin, ?

I was trying to be nice.... 

10-5 baby!

Playoff bound!!

Go Bills!!!

Some people here are really into the specifics of the game. When you are analyzing every play, stats etc. there's always room for criticism. McDermott and those guys say it every week, every week they have work to do, every week they are trying to get better.

If someone told me on 9/1/19 the Bills would be 10-5 heading into week 17, I would be thrilled.   And I still am.

With that said it feels like they underachieved a bit.  The Bills gave away a few games including the two NE matches.  The offense is very uneven and can’t put together at least 3 quarters of good play.   It can be very frustrating to watch.  Thus, it leaves them open for a lot of criticism.

But we should be patient and hopefully things will click more consistently on offense next season.

I have felt 2019 was all on Beane and McDermott.  They got it done.  I will add Josh to that group in 2020. 

• Like (+1) 3

In general, I don't think the OP is making a fair or accurate assessment.   Sure, the Milano is slow, and the Edmunds sucks posts in the last week are ridiculous.  But many more posters,  rightfully wrote to sight positives about both players.    The doom and gloomers have been in the minority.  

For the most part when there is criticism, it is usually about specific instances and not calling for the coach or player to be replaced.    Criticism is fair and necessary, if you embrace the growth mindset.   10 - 5 is exactly 2/3 positve and 1/3 negative results.   I would estimate the 75 - 80% of the posts on this board have been supportive of the Bills this year.   So we're ahead of the curve.

In general, I don't think the OP is making a fair or accurate assessment.   Sure, the Milano is slow, and the Edmunds sucks posts in the last week are ridiculous.  But many more posters,  rightfully wrote to sight positives about both players.    The doom and gloomers have been in the minority.  

For the most part when there is criticism, it is usually about specific instances and not calling for the coach or player to be replaced.    Criticism is fair and necessary, if you embrace the growth mindset.   10 - 5 is exactly 2/3 positve and 1/3 negative results.   I would estimate the 75 - 80% of the posts on this board have been supportive of the Bills this year.   So we're ahead of the curve.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yeah it feels like the drought never ended.

I guess for some on this board it will always feel that way. 17 years is a long time.

Actually I see a board that's more delusional/in denial about the rest of the league than they are about the Bills.

The Bills are excused from having to defeat whatever teams are very good that year("how can they be expected to beat THE RAAAAAVENS") and any team that doesn't make the playoffs is "SOOOOO worse-off than the Bills".

It's like clockwork every year.

Yesterday there was this schadenfreude discussion in the Aaron Donald thread about how the Rams were now circling the drain because they "went for a quick SB". :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Cmon man. Nobody says this teams sucks. Many have opinions about certain players and coaches. I am pro Allen and anti-Edmunds.

Two wins over teams with barely winning records. Tennessee has since benched the QB Bills played against. Steelers started a guy named Duck and was still in the game to the last drive.  That said, Dallas had a winning record at the time and regardless is a very good win.

Bills are very good but not dominant on defense and average on offense and special teams. Add a weak schedule and you get 10-5.

It's just the reality. None of that means anything when the playoff game is played. They should match up well with Houston and have a good chance at a win.  They competed well with Baltimore and I suspect they can again. Remember Lamar is a second year player and might crack under the pressure. If given the opportunity I think the can go to New England and win there too.

I don't think they can beat Kansas City. They have too many options on offense, we can't rush the passer, and they can. The only wildcard would be if Reid chokes again. 

But if it makes you happy, everyone agrees Trent Murphy sucks.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Many people just do not have the skills to critique and not slobber on themselves at the same time, just sayin, ?

I was trying to be nice.... 

10-5 baby!

Playoff bound!!

Go Bills!!!

I was going to say the same thing but I was not going to be quite as polished as you.  You're obviously a gentleman and a scholar.  Thanks for the post, go Bills!

There isn't one person here who thought this team would be 10-5 going into their last game of the season.

In game though, the Bills have provided frustration this year as they haven't had a dominating performance from start to finish in any game.

But I think this team is pretty solid across the board and I hope they only continue to grow into that championship contender for many years to come.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

People tend to be overcritical of their own team without actually watching how other teams in the NFL play

To hear the board you would think that no other QB in the league throws a bad pass.......but it is what it is

Nope!

Rather it is, what virtually the ENTIRE FREAKING MILLENNIUM HAS BEEN- a dumpster fire if epic proportions!

People are looking for the bad things to happen, because there has been NO shortage of that! Finally, we have made it through an entire, decent Season, where there have been multiple pluses, especially the sophomore QB ticking up! Fans can look forward- finally!

Edited by Billsatlastin2018

The only meaningful stat that I care about is 10 - 5! Playoffs here we come - and for the 2nd time in the last 3 years! Extend Beane and McDermott! And most of all to all the other Bills fans on this site "DON'T WORRY - BE HAPPY!"

Edited by DefenseWins

1 minute ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Nope!

Rather it is, what virtually the ENTIRE FREAKING MILLENNIUM HAS BEEN! People are looking for the bad things to happen, because there has been NO shortage of that! Finally, we have made it through an entire, decent Season, where there have been multiple pluses, especially the sophomore QB ticking up! Fans can look forward- finally!

Your not paying attn sir......ppl are STILL talking about the bad things even in a good season