Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion RIP (Bills WoF WR)

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Everyone in my family passes on non-holidays.  So it's probably just you.  

I don’t know, you’re not exactly “normal”, so this may work in my favor.?

It’s strange, I know, but the last 5 members of our family to pass (or currently on their death bed) have been the day before Thanksgiving (one) or the week of Christmas/New Year (four). I never really thought about that before....

Again, R.I.P. to Golden Wheels.  

3 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:
2Mv5wGR4_normal.jpg
Buffalo Bills

@BuffaloBills
· 5m
We express our deepest condolences to the family and friends of former Buffalo Bill Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion who passed this morning. Read more about our Wall of Fame wide receiver: http://bufbills.co/9MemUE

Wow.. R I P Duby.. an icon , if you were a kid and Bills fan in the early days.and , when playing football (touch or tackle) the :"double reverse " and you were Duby .. 

Edited by dwight in philly

I remember watching something on TV years ago when a crusty old retired firefighter from Boston started talking about a little girl he pulled from a fire in his younger years. As he was telling the story, he was noticeably choked up. The little girl was obviously not going to survive and he tried to comfort her in her final moments, but she told him that she wasn’t afraid because the angels were there and were singing her song. She said everyone has their own unique song and the angels sing it when you are born and when you die. 

R.I.P., Golden Wheels.

Edited by Moose
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

D'oh

much love to my namesake

Thought I'd find you here.  

Sorry the real Wheels is gone.   When he arrived in Buffalo, he was a speed-only guy, but he developed into a serious receiving threat.  A key player in the 64-65 championship runs. 

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Dubenion broke his leg on that TD catch. ?

I thought he tore up his knee. After he had surgery and came back, the fans called him "Golden Retreads."

Fond memories. RIP.

Edited by Dr. K

He played on the greatest Bills team ever assembled -- The ONLY one that walked off the field as champions in the last football game of the season and they did it 2 years in a row. I saw those games and I hope I live to see even greater feats by the Bills.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Dr. K said:

I thought he tore up his knee. After he had surgery and came back, the fans called him "Golden Retreads."

Fond memories. RIP.

You are correct. I was wrong. His career -like Jerry Butler- ended on a TD catch which broke his leg. Duby returned from this knee injury the following season.

• Like (+1) 1