Where were you during "wide right"?

class_of_2012

15 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I hate the NFC East!!

The Bills were 7-1 vs. the NFC East in the SB years in the regular season. They only lost to Washington in the last week of the 1990 season in a meaningless game, to finish 13-3. The Bills owned the NFC East during those years.

Edited by class_of_2012

Just now, class_of_2012 said:

The Bills were 7-1 vs the NFC East in the SB years in the regular season. They only lost to Washington in the last week of the 1990 season in a meaningless game, to finish 13-3. The Bills owned the NFC East during those years.

except the 0-4 in the only games that mattered 

• Like (+1) 1

I was there and the angle we were sitting made the kick look good. I then looked to the bench and saw our entire team with their heads hung. 

Terrible end but so happy I was there. 

Watched the replay of the AFC Championship last night and Norwood missed one wide right in that game, too (I had forgotten). Foreshadowing, anyone?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Was in middle school. At a friend’s house in his basement, watching the game with a group of friends. 

I was so certain they would return to the SB that when I got home, I put on my wall the score of the game and the year, and I wrote below it info for next year’s super bowl with the Bills written in as one of the teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I was there and the angle we were sitting made the kick look good. I then looked to the bench and saw our entire team with their heads hung. 

Terrible end but so happy I was there. 

Watched the replay of the AFC Championship last night and Norwood missed one wide right in that game, too (I had forgotten). Foreshadowing, anyone?

The next year Norwood biffed on 3 FGs and a PAT but won with a FG in OT against the Raiders

feeling sorry for an athlete is never right if the team is contending to be champions.....

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Reviewing the Zapruder film...?

looking at the photos of vicious rabbits attacking King Arthur and James Earl Carter Jr

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, class_of_2012 said:

Wide right during the Super Bowl XXV in January 1991 is kind of like the Kennedy assassination, 9/11, the assassination attempt of Reagan, or the Challenger explosion: everyone remembers where they were when it happened.

For me, I was working as a student employee at the dining hall at the University of Rochester. They had the game on a big screen TV there, but I couldn't really watch since I was cleaning tables. I did take a few seconds to watch when Norwood made the attempt. I would have celebrated big time that night, but it wasn't to be.

So where were you: at home, at school, at a bar, at a friend or relative's house??

I was lying on my living room floor crying. Thanks for bringing back such a wonderful memory.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

Wide right during the Super Bowl XXV in January 1991 is kind of like the Kennedy assassination, 9/11, the assassination attempt of Reagan, or the Challenger explosion: everyone remembers where they were when it happened.

You sure you don't want to fit the Holocaust, or perhaps Columbine, in that list?  You know ... just to lighten it up a little?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Thinking the whole time we had to wait for the snap that there was no way he was gonna make it

Wondering who that squat young DC was who had stolen a SB from the Bills

I remember the events of both attempts on Ford, they interrupted Commander Tom

I remember when MLK got shot, and they didn’t show Bewitched.

I also was thinking Norwood wouldn't make it. Anything over 40-45 yards for him was difficult.

I also didn't realize there were attempts on Ford's life. I was too young at the time.

By one of the Manson gang.

35 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The next year Norwood biffed on 3 FGs and a PAT but won with a FG in OT against the Raiders

feeling sorry for an athlete is never right if the team is contending to be champions.....

I didn’t feel sorry for him, I felt bad for the team and us fans. 

If only we had gotten Christie sooner.  If only...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In the emergency room with my Dad.  I was 6 and little brother was 3 i think and jumped into my dad's arms after the safety so i jumped onto my brothers back which sent his two front teeth into my dad's eyebrow.  bunch of stitches later and we watched from mt st mary's er.  

the following year we had refinished our basement and we had a party so i was downstairs watching the game and the adults upstairs.  not sure which play but i ran upstairs to celebrate and my dad ran from the living room to kitchen and i swung that basement door open and my poor dad was knocked the hell out.  

• Haha (+1) 3