Injuries to starters this Sunday

benderbender

Injuries to starters on Sunday  

99 members have voted

1. 1. will be blamed on...

• McDermott
    • Part of the game/unavoidable

30 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

In his eyes, it may not be so "meaningless." I suspect he values going into the playoffs on a strong win (as opposed to a painful loss) is worth taking a chance on injuries. The philosophy -- at least my stab at a guess at it -- is that they'll have two more weeks to get to the point where they can potentially beat a Ravens and Patriots on the road. It's a long shot, but sometimes talented teams get hot at the right time. I've lived in NYC area since college and have seen the Giants pull that trick off twice. 

I like the move, but, yes, if Allen is hurt in this game, it will be hard to defend in retrospect.

Your making some valid points , but at the end of the day  all that matters is having our starters on the field in Houston , we can agree on that right ??  

16 minutes ago, brianb386 said:

I am with McDermott on this one. I don't want a week off after a loss going into the playoffs. I want our starters to play long enough to get some good things going and build momentum.

So it’s a must win game then ? Since we don’t want to be going in to the playoffs after a loss ?

16 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

We've seen guys injured by slippery mats. I refuse to play scared and its not like they couldnt use a tune up game against a bad jets team

read a few studies on the high number of knee injuries in football for WR simply running patterns in practice 

15 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I just can’t see any positive that comes out of any starter playing. You aren’t going to be able to build on anything against that team. All that can happen is bad IMO. It’s truly senseless. We are in the best spot that we have been in for 20 years. Why risk something dumb? It’s rhetorical. There’s no actual answer.

There aren't enough players on the team to bench every starter. You know that, right?

Not to mention, players get tired and substitute packages.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

35 minutes ago, Putin said:

So it’s a must win game then ? Since we don’t want to be going in to the playoffs after a loss ?

I wouldn't say must win, but I feel it is important to fo into the playoffs with momentum. If the starters leave the game after a couple scoring drives but the Jets starters beat our backups, I think that is better than our starters resting after the loss to New England.

14 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

I do not trust the starters being out there as long as Henry Anderson is too.

Let us not forget

“Let me crawl 4 feet and dive into the back of the guys legs” such an idiot. Joke of a league when fans can find things like these yet the league can’t, or won’t do anything about it. 

Brown Beasley Morse Allen and Singletary should be sat. They have nothing to prove or accomplish in 1 regular season game against the jets. There isn’t anything that is going to magically make them better for playing this game to get ready for the playoffs. 

White edmunds Hyde should be inactive for the defense possibly a few more if possible Hughes? Phillips? This has to be the dumbest move by this coach yet. 

33 minutes ago, brianb386 said:

I wouldn't say must win, but I feel it is important to fo into the playoffs with momentum. If the starters leave the game after a couple scoring drives but the Jets starters beat our backups, I think that is better than our starters resting after the loss to New England.

So what your saying they basically want to get the ( bad taste / loss to pats******) out of their mouth with couple of positive drives against the Jets would do that ? 

Edited by Putin

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There is though. You know that right?

No, there isn't. At all. 

Why don't you list for me every player, and the positions they will play throughout the game, and do not include any starters in it.

Don't forget to include Special Teams, Nickle and Dime packages, Short yardage formations, etc, and, like I said, include substitution for tired players.

Simply put, it can't be done. To even insinuate that no starters should play is ignorant to what goes during the game.

• Like (+1) 1