Injuries to starters this Sunday

benderbender

Injuries to starters on Sunday  

99 members have voted

1. 1. will be blamed on...

• McDermott
    • Part of the game/unavoidable

My feeling is that Beane and McDermott are the professionals.  Each decision they make can put their career on the line.  If they feel it is necessary to play the starters on Sunday vs the Jets to keep them sharp, I am behind them 100%.  They have made many more correct decisions than bad ones in their time in Orchard Park.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 hours ago, ScotSHO said:

Long story short, they need the work.  They'll be fine, the coaches will call plays that keep them out of trouble.  Real generic *****.

yeah the rosters are way too small vs the preseason to treat it like a preseason game (like 30 less guys) .   Some positions, yes, but all?  No. 

Plus IMO they're not good enough yet on offense to further than the second round (which would be awesome, compared to where they were a year ago) so lets get out there and continue to work. 

While it can be argued that we have 11 'starters' on offense, the same can't be said for the D, with the variety of rotations we use.

Ultimately, I think there will be quite a lot of 'snap count' management, as we can't rest everyone we might like to anyway.

Guys who are carrying 'knocks' will probably not see too much action. Some who have been inactive, will probably get to see the field some.

It should be an opportunity to get guys some playing time, just in case they are needed, and that would include Barclay, who I'm sure will get to see the field.

12 hours ago, Augie said:

I know how some others feel (why take the risk?) and I get that. I think it depends on The Who, When and How. If it’s like preseason game #1 or 2 and something freaky happens in a series or two, that’s just football and could have happened in practice. I know the other side, don’t play, don’t get hurt. I’ll trust the coach to be smart on this one. 

It may be a little like preseason, where it doesn’t “matter”, but they want to build a culture of winning and high expectations.

Nothing screams building a culture of winning more than being able to rest starts week 17 cause you’ve already won enough games

I was in the rest the starter camp but have changed my mind. They should play to win the game. I won’t blame any injury on McD if he plays the starters the entire game. I would rest Morse and Lorax. Everyone else plays. 

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Nothing screams building a culture of winning more than being able to rest starts week 17 cause you’ve already won enough games

Culture of winning a wild card spot??? 

13 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I just can’t see any positive that comes out of any starter playing. You aren’t going to be able to build on anything against that team. All that can happen is bad IMO. It’s truly senseless. We are in the best spot that we have been in for 20 years. Why risk something dumb? It’s rhetorical. There’s no actual answer.

What will be fascinating is who will be on the "inactive" list. We expect those that are usually on the list to play a lot in this game. We will know at 11:30 which starters, if any, will not play in the game for sure.

12 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

or, play Allen and call deep ball after deep ball until he hits them.  

You cant buy training like this.

Oh yah that’s what we need Allen dropping back on every play and hanging on to the ball , we should also try and improve on design running plays for Allen ?

The whole season all we talked about is making the playoffs , well we are here NOW HEALTHY with a good chance of winning our first playoff game since the 90’s , so with that said let’s go play  the Jets in a MEANINGLESS game what’s the worst that could happen ?‍♂️ 

Edited by Putin

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’m assuming they WILL be sitting, it’s just a matter of when. I’ll trust McD to find the right balance here. It IS a risk, but I’ll wait and see what actually happens. 

19 minutes ago, Putin said:

Oh yah that’s what we need Allen dropping back on every play and hanging on to the ball , we should also try and improve on design running plays for Allen ?

The whole season all we talked about is making the playoffs , well we are here NOW HEALTHY with a good chance of winning our first playoff game since the 90’s , so with that said let’s go play  the Jets in a MEANINGLESS game what’s the worst that could happen ?‍♂️ 

In his eyes, it may not be so "meaningless." I suspect he values going into the playoffs on a strong win (as opposed to a painful loss) is worth taking a chance on injuries. The philosophy -- at least my stab at a guess at it -- is that they'll have two more weeks to get to the point where they can potentially beat a Ravens and Patriots on the road. It's a long shot, but sometimes talented teams get hot at the right time. I've lived in NYC area since college and have seen the Giants pull that trick off twice. 

I like the move, but, yes, if Allen is hurt in this game, it will be hard to defend in retrospect.