Why is CJ Anderson not on a team??

Big Turk

I don't get how a guy who has averaged 4.5 YPC for his career and never under 4.0 YPC in any season over his career is not on a team right now but retreads like Robert Turbin just got signed by the Seahawks. Now I know he used to play for them.but the man has averaged under 4 YPC in 5 of the last 7 seasons he has played including his last 3.

Anderson also came up huge late in the season and in the playoffs for the Rams last year with some big games when Gurley was dealing with his knee issues.

So I have to wonder how is this dude not on a team? Honestly the Bills could probably use him right about now.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsherd said:

Because they say running backs are dime a dozen.

Maybe but clearly when guys are averaging 2.5 YPC and a guy who is averaging 2 yards more for his career is out there and relatively young I don't get why the man isn't signed.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Maybe but clearly when guys are averaging 2.5 YPC and a guy who is averaging 2 yards more for his career is out there and relatively young I don't get why the man isn't signed.

...even the 'Hawks passed on him and pulled Lynch out of the mothballs......pretty low bar..

16 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

I seem to remember him being overweight and out of shape.

....uh oh....the "conspiracy theory".............. "In a series of tweets, Anderson suggested he was the best fit for the job, but that he was passed up and it may be part of some bigger conspiracy"......

After not signed by Seahawks, CJ Anderson sounds like a man who feels slighted

Peter Socotch
NBC Sports NorthwestDec 24, 2019, 11:53 AM

Free agent running back C.J. Anderson had a tryout with the Seahawks on Monday, but they didn't sign him. 

Afterward, he suggested he was done playing football. 

In a series of tweets, Anderson suggested he was the best fit for the job, but that he was passed up and it may be part of some bigger conspiracy. 

The Seahawks signed two running backs Monday, neither were Anderson. And he subtweets both Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin, whom the Seahawks signed instead.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/not-signed-seahawks-cj-anderson-165336077.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAIJWJ1r55ZIEtjcYcTHu-G1_DqxbSO44Kj_Sh_nTdqf0KXdtjowex8ydr2ThVBea59LgfLnoSlhHdegqpb6jCVrG4bq5cAv8QzoyLP9OWl7wKDZgrDHXTEx6EvohLEMDQRgll79HVT7Fls5ErspRsYHBm2RWZVYT2mBjffbTDJpo

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

He would probably average 2.5 on those teams those guys that are averaging 2.5...