Channel 4 (WIVB) replaying 1991 Raider WC Game.

Bob Lamb

What I want to see - and they didn't show it - was the national anthem.  I've never seen it since I experienced it live..........Flags just came out of everywhere and everybody sang at the top of their lungs.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

Jim Kelly and Marv Levy are why the Bills lost that superbowl.  Keep feeding Thurman and the Bills win easy. It's not reason 10,000,000,000. It's reason #1.

Hmmm...and here all this time I thought it was our defense not being able to get a 3rd down tackle to save its collective life all game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Thinking back to the Superbowl era i basically missed that time being in the Navy and wished i had access to the news and information of that time to stay connected to that team like we do know.

i dont recall seeing the Bad thing's commercial and always wondered what that was about until i saw it tonight when i watched the Bruce Smith special before this game.

21 hours ago, Success said:

ESPN had the "Four Falls of Buffalo" on tonight also. 

That always cheers me up.

really?? That is super depressing, i watched it once and dont know if i can do it again.

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

The runs and passes for the bills offense just look so easy 

those were the days :wub:

Jim used to call the plays, hopefully Josh can someday too. Josh is good in the no huddle now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/24/2019 at 7:28 PM, ChasBB said:

Great game!  But Buffalo should never have kicked that last field goal.  The game should have ended 48-3.  I know a Raiders fan who has never forgotten that kick.  Breaking 50 points was a real "in your face" move by Levy and the Bills and never should have happened.  That field goal would have been nice to have the following game - some karma there.

F the chokeland faders ... they talked all kinds of smack before that game like they were gonna roll the bills. Should have made it 71-3

On 12/25/2019 at 1:55 AM, loyal2dagame said:

Jim Kelly and Marv Levy are why the Bills lost that superbowl.  Keep feeding Thurman and the Bills win easy. It's not reason 10,000,000,000. It's reason #1.

Thinking cocaine and lack of rest cost the bills dearly 

15 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

F the chokeland faders ... they talked all kinds of smack before that game like they were gonna roll the bills. Should have made it 71-3

Bo Jackson’s last game was the win over Cincy in the prior week’s Divisional playoff, got injured and missed the Bills game

stay classy

Just reading about the Bengals game, apparently his hip was torn out of socket and he claimed to have reset his hip himself (seeing Tua’s injury I just can’t even go there in my mind....) but did blood vessel damage around  the socket... 

best self repair since Matt Millen broke off the adhesions in his calcified/ossified elbow doing power lifting 

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

Rewatching the game and not every pass of Jim's has been perfect, a lot were a little behind , including the one that was intercepted coming off of thurmans hands. What i did notice is the WRs making adjustments to the ball and i feel is lacking in our WRs right now. We need to get elite WRs in the draft or FA to help Josh out while he also makes improvements in accuracy.

Do not remember WR Al Edwards , very tiny, got ko'd in the game, not sure how long he played for us.

Scott Norwood had an extra point blocked and missed a FG wide right, looks like he was having troubles before the Superbowl. Game could have been 55-3.

Dont remember all the gulf war footage cutting off the game.

43 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Bo Jackson’s last game was the win over Cincy in the prior week’s Divisional playoff, got injured and missed the Bills game

stay classy

Just reading about the Bengals game, apparently his hip was torn out of socket and he claimed to have reset his hip himself (seeing Tua’s injury I just can’t even go there in my mind....) but did blood vessel damage around  the socket... 

best self repair since Matt Millen broke off the adhesions in his calcified/ossified elbow doing power lifting 

Yea bills caught a break there  ... no was rarified talent for sure 

On 12/24/2019 at 7:18 PM, Bob Lamb said:

Christmas night at 8 PM. Game shown in it's entirety (and low def)

Wow, only thing you got right was Raiders/Bills, at least you didn't say Oakland. Even those it was played in 91, it's the 90 season. And just a little difference between a wild card game and a conference championship game.

10 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Hmmm...and here all this time I thought it was our defense not being able to get a 3rd down tackle to save its collective life all game.

Well, the defense was on the field for 40+ minutes of that game.  They might have been a bit gassed.

I wonder what the Bills could have done to give the D time to rest.....

8 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Yea bills caught a break there  ... no was rarified talent for sure 

bills were clearly the better team, and would have won anyway,  but Bo and an old Marcus Allen were doing fine out there most of the season

2 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Well, the defense was on the field for 40+ minutes of that game.  They might have been a bit gassed.

Bills insisted on a hurry up O which wasn’t necessary at all, they had zero competition form the AFC those 4 years.  Cost Kelly years of his prime from the brutal beating he took out there.

Edited by row_33

I went to this game- I was back on break from college. I got drunk at a tailgate and was seen in the background on NBC drunkenly jumping around during a solemn part of the pre-game show when they were discussing the Gulf War. I tried to run right up to the reporter but fortunately, was grabbed by security just in time before I could disrupt the whole thing. After the game, I was certain we were going to win the super bowl- it was only one week later that year. This, the Houston comeback and the recent Thanksgiving game in Dallas are my top three games that I’ve  attended.  

16 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

The Giants chewed clock on basically all of their scoring drives, including 2nd quarter and into the 3rd when our D should have been able to still get off the field on 3rd downs against Jeff Hostetler.