Channel 4 (WIVB) replaying 1991 Raider WC Game.

Bob Lamb

Great game!  But Buffalo should never have kicked that last field goal.  The game should have ended 48-3.  I know a Raiders fan who has never forgotten that kick.  Breaking 50 points was a real "in your face" move by Levy and the Bills and never should have happened.  That field goal would have been nice to have the following game - some karma there.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Great game!  But Buffalo should never have kicked that last field goal.  The game should have ended 48-3.  I know a Raiders fan who has never forgotten that kick.  Breaking 50 points was a real "in your face" move by Levy and the Bills and never should have happened.  That field goal would have been nice to have the following game - some karma there.

BS . They are pros and you play till the final whistle

Do you know how many times Belechick and Brady have ran up 50 in a game? Don't like it , stop them

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

BS . They are pros and you play till the final whistle

Do you know how many times Belechick and Brady have ran up 50 in a game? Don't like it , stop them

Sorry, disagree.  If this were regular season and you were fighting for a points tie-breaker or something crazy like that - maybe, but not in the setting of an AFC Championship game.  The game was completely in hand - should have punted or ran the ball on 4th down.  Running up the score was plain disrespect - I can't see it any other way.  I mean, sure, the 50+ points was very cool at the time, but wouldn't 48-3 while maintaining a little dignity, be just as good? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Sorry, disagree.  If this were regular season and you were fighting for a points tie-breaker or something crazy like that - maybe, but not in the setting of an AFC Championship game.  The game was completely in hand - should have punted or ran the ball on 4th down.  Running up the score was plain disrespect - I can't see it any other way.  I mean, sure, the 50+ points was very cool at the time, but wouldn't 48-3 while maintaining a little dignity, be just as good? 

Kicking a FG isn't running it up

It would be running it up if they took a deep shot on 4th

Football ISNT a game for hurt feelings or anything of that sort. They are professionals on the gridiron

High school yea , it's a dick move.. in the NFL, which stands for Not For Long... It's a business and they are pros

Playing and coaching and scouting for 30+ years my whole life , every player and coach and scout I've ever met would agree that its the big league's

Hell Alabama and Clemson run up Citadel by 70

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Didn't Al Davis trot the team through the Bills' warmups before the game?  I think Marv Levy was giving lunatic Al the middle finger.

Now that's a backstory I never heard - maybe you're onto something there.

Speaking of Bills Vs Raiders in the playoffs, anyone remember this game from 1993?  I remember this being a really good game and a great Bills win.

Theres a part in this game where Tim Brown returned a punt and Steve Tasker makes a beautiful shoestring tackle.  The two shake hands and then help each other up.  It was a class moment 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That was the 1990 AFC Championship Game, not the Wild Card.... C’mon man!!!!.....

Winning this game too easily may have given them swelled heads and caused them to take the Super Bowl too lightly, especially after beating the Giants at The Meadowlands in December 1990

jist trying to still come up with any reason in 10,000,000,000 years how the bleep the Bills lost that Super Bowl....     ?

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

That was the AFC Championship Game, not the Wild Card.... C’mon man!!!!.....

Winning this game too easily may have given them swelled heads and caused them to take the Super Bowl too lightly, especially after beating the Giants at The Meadowlands in December 1990

jist trying to still come up with any reason in 10,000,000,000 years how the bleep the Bills lost that Super Bowl....     ?

Jim Kelly and Marv Levy are why the Bills lost that superbowl.  Keep feeding Thurman and the Bills win easy. It's not reason 10,000,000,000. It's reason #1.

Edited by loyal2dagame
  • Like (+1) 2

The Super Bowl was played only one week after they squashed the Raiders, the hangover and swelled egos may have hampered the Bills

12 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Jim Kelly and Marv Levy are why the Bills lost that superbowl.  Keep feeding Thurman and the Bills win easy. It's not reason 10,000,000,000. It's reason #1.

no reason they didn’t win by at least 21 points with Hostetler leading the Giants

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bob Lamb said:

Christmas night at 8 PM. Game shown in it's entirety (and low def)

thanks man that is awesome !

6 hours ago, ChasBB said:

had nothing to do with it.

23 hours ago, ChasBB said:

Right.

I mean, losing 48-3 is totally respectable.

Losing 51-3 is an embarrassment.

• Haha (+1) 4