Bills to play most of the team vs. Jets including Josh Allen

Kirby Jackson

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

I understand the sentiment; however, any of those players could go down with an injury in the first few plays of their first playoff game. They are a young core and, after the last 3 weeks, it would be nice to get a little consistency back on offense heading into the playoffs.

If they go down in a playoff game so be it. If they go down in the 1st game of the season so be it. If they go down in the 4th preseason game it’s foolish. This is the 4th preseason game.

Nothing that happens this week alters anything in the teams future. If it had ANY impact I could see it. It is totally meaningless. The goal is to win in the playoffs. There is no reason to risk lessening your chance of that happening.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

At first I hated it, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. The starters need to stay sharp and keep getting better. I know it's a risk, but it's a good risk. This team struggles on offense and the more reps and practice for the playoffs, the better imo

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If they go down in a playoff game so be it. If they go down in the 1st game of the season so be it. If they go down in the 4th preseason game it’s foolish. This is the 4th preseason game.

Nothing that happens this week alters anything in the teams future. If it had ANY impact I could see it. It is totally meaningless. The goal is to win in the playoffs. There is no reason to risk lessening your chance of that happening.

Like I said, I understand your sentiment. However, I am just not as fearful about injuries as you. Just a different perspective. I also don't think most of the starters will play a complete game. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Like I said, I understand your sentiment. However, I am just not as fearful about injuries as you. Just a different perspective. I also don't think most of the starters will play a complete game. 

I guess my point is that not playing basically means the chances of injury are zero. Every play that they play we are increasing the chance of injury. If the key guys play 2 drives (as an example) we are subjecting our 22 starters to a dozen plays each (or something like that). I just don’t see any benefit to Josh or Singletary or Brown or Edmunds or Tre or whomever important taking NFL contact a dozen times. If 1 guy gets hurt it’s an AWFUL decision. If every guy is healthy it doesn’t help anything. It’s not like you get to start with a 7 point lead in the playoffs if you play your starters the week before.

If a key guy gets injured we basically can eliminate ourselves from the playoffs. If Josh goes down we are out of the playoffs. There just isn’t a benefit to that risk. If the Bills were competing for the division or even a higher seed it makes sense. It’s worth the risk. Baltimore has it figured out. 

• Like (+1) 1

I disagree.  I think these guys need as much practice and game experience as possible.   The chance of injury is always there. It makes no difference if they get injured this game or the beginning of the next.  Injuries can happen anytime period

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

After listening to Daboll's presser this week, where he mentions routine and varying from that being a problem in his experiences. I'm assuming, I hope, that they want these guys to plan and practice like they're playing, start them and then remove them pretty early. I hope

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 1

Why teams work for home  field and the bye week.  Not sure why you wouldn't use two weeks to prepare for Houston and rest the starters.

Oh well if they win it will be a great move and had they rested and lost then the staff would be crucified.  I'm guessing if there are players that could use the week off they will get it.

7 minutes ago, noacls said:

2nd yr QB

Rookie RB

Rookie TE

Rookie RT

1st yr starter RG

Rookie DT

1st year starter DT

2nd yr MLB

2nd year undrafted CB

By all means let's sit all of them, they dont need anymore experience!

I agree here. I get the turtle-shell mentality of some, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1