2018 QB Redraft. - PFF Says Allen should have went as the 4th QB

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Mayfield had a legitimately excellent rookie season. He has had a down year this season, but it's way too soon to tell. The coaching situation there is a complete sh*tshow, so I'd hold off on drawing any grand conclusions yet.

There were plenty here who ripped him. I recall it well. We could have Alexander the Great as our OC and a decent segment of Bills fans would still blame everything on him. 

Maybe I am projecting my own thoughts because I thought Roman was doing a good job.  Sure the opening game vs Baltimore was disgusting but I think a lot of that was Tyrod’s fault.  

I was at the Bills vs NYJ Thursday night home opener.  People were pissed the Bills lost but hardly anyone faulted Roman.  Many people were mad that Rex’s defense was owned and that our “lockdown” corners of Stephon Gilmore and Ron Darby could defend against Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker and Wuincy Enunwa.

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-re-drafting-the-2018-quarterback-class

4. JOSH ALLEN

Unlike some others on this list, Allen has seen his arrow point decidedly upward from year one to year two, and he's deservedly moved up our rankings over the past two seasons. His underneath and intermediate accuracy has seen a considerable bump year on year. Only 7.9% of his passes that were targeted 1-19 yards downfield were charted as perfectly placed last season, but this year, that number is 20.4% — higher than anyone else in the 2018 quarterback class. His accuracy, combined with his playmaking ability with his legs, has been a massive value-add to the Bills' offense — especially in the red zone.

The worrisome thing is that Allen has still never been able to truly open up the offense as a passer. In 26 career starts, he’s never had a single 300-yard passing game. A big reason why is the lack of big plays, as his deep-ball accuracy has been all over the place this season. Despite his improved play, Allen has fewer big-time throws this year (13) than he did even a year ago (17), and the former ranks 26th among all quarterbacks in the NFL this year. He’s only completed 26.9% of his targets 20-plus yards downfield — the fourth-worst in the NFL — and that’s the opposite of what you’d expect for a player with that kind of arm strength.

I hate crap like this.

Only 2QB's in that draft class have their team in the playoffs right now.

I bet the Browns wish they had drafted JA.

Glad he fell to us he is the perfect fit for Buffalo ,smart . tough, charismatic, rifle arm, athletic. natural leadership ability.

• Like (+1) 1

I think I'd probably put Allen #2, but 2-4 is pretty debatable IMO. Lamar is clearly #1 and Rosen/Rudolph are clearly #5 and #6.

It's kinda bizarre how much worse Baker has looked this season; seems like he desperately needs the offseason to begin so he can take some time away and just mentally regroup. He's still a very talented passer but he picked up some bad habits this season and it's really hurt his play. Still, Cleveland's offense has outproduced our own, though it's probably mostly due to the play of Chubb.

I think Darnold has played very well this season on the whole. The Patriots game was an absolute disaster, but beyond that, he's been good and has flashed pretty routinely.

Altogether, I remain pretty high on the top 4 with Lamar being a distant #1.

I was never very high on Rosen/Rudolph and obviously they haven't done anything to this point to prove me wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

No. They're not. Allen would be the second QB off the board after Jackson. Easily. He has fixed a ton of the issues that people worried about, and he's shown the sky high upside that had him damn close to going #1 to begin with.

Yeah, this is where I went, and immediately.  One could argue a case for Baker, but Allen would have definitely been drafted ahead of Sam.

I'm looking forward to the "re order" of this class' QBs at the end of year three...and year four...and year five...

I can understand articles like this in the down season, but dang, we're heading into the playoffs!  OK, perhaps this article is for Baker, Sam and the other Josh :) 

Even after seeing what Jackson has become so far in Baltimore it's still way to early to decide which will have the better career. It's not matter of their talent so much as to what's around them. Jackson and Allen have had the benefit of superior coaching and a competent front office.

Darnold and Mayfield are subjected to horrible coaching,  management and diva entitled players at every turn.

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

Baker is getting a 1st for sure. 

Baker is probably more highly thought of than Josh by most people. 

As far as the underlined, do you expect them to say he sucks? 

All I hear about out here in the Rockies anymore is LJ and JA.  My son lives in Seattle and he says the same thing.

I think if given a chance to repeat, Cleveland, NY and  Buffalo would still all take Mayfield, Darnold and Allen, respectively.   I don't think none of these teams regret their QB choice.  Arizona obviously would not taken Rosen though, I don't know if they would rather have Jackson now or not?  The other big difference would be Jackson would not have fallen to Baltimore as someone would have taken him.   Indy would likely have grabbed him at #6 knowing what they know now.