Josh Allen Stat ... wow

Rigotz

On 12/27/2019 at 12:59 PM, billsfan1959 said:

I have attached an excel spread sheet of all 300 yard games you might find interesting

2019 300 yd passing games.xlsx 50.72 kB · 7 downloads

I played & sorted the file & certainly interesting stats.....  I will point out that throwing for 300 also means your team generally has a better winning % vs. when you don't.....

I.e. Garropolo    3-0

Cousins        4-0

Brees             4-1 (loss vs. SF when Garropolo threw 300 too) + 1-0 Bridgewater

Jones            2-2 (NYG 4 wins)

Keenum        0-2 (Wash is lousy)

Watson         2-1 (again loss when Indy threw for 300)

Brissett         2-1

Mayfield       3-0

Fitz                2-1

Wentz            3-2

Brady             2-1

Darnold        2-0

Murray           1-2-1 

But then of course Andy Dalton or Stafford will be brought up.....

48 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I played & sorted the file & certainly interesting stats.....  I will point out that throwing for 300 also means your team generally has a better winning % vs. when you don't.....

I.e. Garropolo    3-0

Cousins        4-0

Brees             4-1 (loss vs. SF when Garropolo threw 300 too) + 1-0 Bridgewater

Jones            2-2 (NYG 4 wins)

Keenum        0-2 (Wash is lousy)

Watson         2-1 (again loss when Indy threw for 300)

Brissett         2-1

Mayfield       3-0

Fitz                2-1

Wentz            3-2

Brady             2-1

Darnold        2-0

Murray           1-2-1 

But then of course Andy Dalton or Stafford will be brought up.....

I think that is true, at least with 40 or less attempts. The numbers suggest that the winning % decreases steadily over 40 attempts , even accounting for losses to an opposing 300 yard passer. I went back and ran the numbers on 300 passing yard games since 2000. I haven't yet broken out the losses by non-300 yd opposing QBs vs. 300 yd opposing QBs, because I have to look at each game individually for that. However, just going straight up wins and losses, you are going to win over 70% of the time with a 300 yard passer on attempts of 40 or less. Anyway, this is what I found overall:

2089001574_2000-2019300ydpassinggames.thumb.jpg.b54fd0c816013af5d3f24a363f50bcf0.jpg

And you wonder why I am so carried away about 300 yards????

From 2006-2019 here are the names of the QB's to throw for 300 yards: Ryan Fitzpatrick (7), Kyle Orton (3), J.P Losman (2), Taylor (1).

Yes, your math is right. A Bills quarterback has thrown for 300+ yards just 13 times over the past 13 seasons. 

Prior to that they went 59 games.....

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/10/26/1775133/whats-happened-since-bills-last-had-a-300-yard-passer

No wonder I'm antsy!!!!?

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

not good a my guess.  

it means the bills were trailing and has to pass.  

I don't think you understand my meaning.  People were doing some stat thing showing wins vs losses when the QB passes for 300+ yards.  I want to see some more relevance.  What is the win/loss when the offense is 300+ yards regardless of how it got there.  For example if the QB threw the ball for 210 and there was also 90 rushing yards.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Posting here because I can't believe this is true: the Bills average 9 yards per game and 2 points per game less than the Green Bay Packers.

That's shocking for a lot of reasons.

One of the primary differences, in points, I see with Rodgers this year (and last year) is his TD%. He had a five year stretch (in full 16 game seasons) where he averaged 38 TDs per year and an average TD% of 7. Last year his TD% dropped to 4.2% with 25 TDs, and this year his TD% is 4.7 with 24 TDs.

Interestingly enough, Lamar Jackson's TD% this year is at 9, which is phenominal and not likely to be duplicated by him again (last year his TD% was 3.4). From 2000 through this last week (top 32 QBs per year over that time = 650 combined QB yearly performances), there have been only 7 QB performances with a TD% over 8 (1.08% of all performances), and only 2 of those were over 9 (Rodgers in 2011 and Peyton Manning in 2004). Since 1970, there hasn't been a QB with  a career TD% over 6.

Edited by billsfan1959

On 12/24/2019 at 5:51 AM, TwistofFate said:

I pray to the football gods Barkley starts this week against the Jets so fans get a glimpse of what a consistent accurate Qb on this team would look like.  It would be a complete force to reckon with. 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

On 12/24/2019 at 5:51 AM, TwistofFate said:

I pray to the football gods Barkley starts this week against the Jets so fans get a glimpse of what a consistent accurate Qb on this team would look like.  It would be a complete force to reckon with. 

:lol:

What else ya got, Nostradamus?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/23/2019 at 11:22 PM, london_bills said:

I think he's shying a way a bit more than he was, he's a bit more cautious. Hence the lower picks. 

The truth is that his early interceptions happened because he was knowingly forcing throws that weren't there or he threw them late across the field.  It had nothing to do with trying to make tight window throws and everything to do with playing recklessly.  There is a difference.  Throwing recklessly is when the DB has position on the receiver and there really isn't a place to put the ball but the QB throws it anyway.  Throwing into tight windows is when the receiver has position but the QB has to put it into a perfect spot to keep the defender making a play on the ball.  The difference is that Allen stopped playing recklessly, not cautiously.