Josh Allen Stat ... wow

Rigotz

he has really improved his gunslinging interceptions and that's a big credit to him 

I watched a lot of the games again and so many times Allen was driving down the field he would get let down by a drop on 3rd down or a holding pen that killed the drive. not to mention Daboll has put him in so many poor situations this season in terms of playcalling. I can't remember how many times we have failed to gain first downs on 3rd and short or even 2nd and short. 

get the kid some proper NFL quality WR's and talent around him, a better OC and then we can officially start judging him as franchise QB material. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mango said:

The Bills have played 10 games since their bye, not 6. You left 4 out. Makes it read like Allen put up 21 TD’s in 6 weeks. 

He didn’t. 

I think his point is the TD to turnover ratio and  that more than half the opponents had very good defense. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, DJB said:

Nah he sucks. Cant make the "easy throws"

I learned that on TBD

Allen's done some great things and is really exciting to watch.

There are times when the easy throws are harder for him.  It's when he is 'jittery' as he mentioned in his presser. Where are the objective posters (critizing me for example, which is fine) but then not mentioning that he has said he is nervous in pressers. 

Sure he's human and I like the guy but that is a concern! 

Someone else summed it up well when they said that, at times, Allen has a tendency to make the easy throws look difficult and the difficult throws look easy. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I think his point is the TD to turnover ratio and  that more than half the opponents had very good defense. 

Probably worth clearly pointing out that and if calling it about accuracy to only include passing tds. That he has rushed for a bunch of touchdowns doesn’t speak to accuracy. 

it’s a fair topic but the OP stacked the deck a little 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

And the other point he was making was that Allen did it against some pretty good defenses.

This is a very encouraging stat.  

it can be. Without context it can cut both ways. 

low accuracy percentage and low turnovers probably speaks a bit to him not really putting it into windows that he might need to down the line for instance.

There are probably a few of those games I’d be fine with the right turnover if it corresponds to 3 more big chunk plays too. 

Plenty of them staying safe was fine but as we get into the playoffs and games speed up, windows get smaller etc... it’ll be interesting to see if he can make the big plays more consistently

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

The Bills have played 10 games since their bye, not 6. You left 4 out. Makes it read like Allen put up 21 TD’s in 6 weeks. 

He didn’t. 

I thought it was obvious in my post that I was referring to SOME OF THE TOP DEFENSES they played.

I will edit my post to make it idiot-proof.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Probably worth clearly pointing out that and if calling it about accuracy to only include passing tds. That he has rushed for a bunch of touchdowns doesn’t speak to accuracy. 

it’s a fair topic but the OP stacked the deck a little 

Either Jackson is a difference maker in what defines QB production or he isn't.  A QB's rushing output - yards/TD's/1st downs - must be added to the passing stats when measuring overall production.  At the same time lost fumbles should be included with INT's.

By this measure Allen is a top 10 QB with 29 total TD's and only 13 total TO's.  IMO this IS the key QB metric.  Oh and Allen's 29 TD's puts him at 2nd place in Bills history for total TD's in a season - behind only Jim Kelly's 34 TD's in 1991.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

it can be. Without context it can cut both ways. 

low accuracy percentage and low turnovers probably speaks a bit to him not really putting it into windows that he might need to down the line for instance.

There are probably a few of those games I’d be fine with the right turnover if it corresponds to 3 more big chunk plays too. 

Plenty of them staying safe was fine but as we get into the playoffs and games speed up, windows get smaller etc... it’ll be interesting to see if he can make the big plays more consistently

Seems like you're describing Tyrod here. 

I don't know what games you've been watching but several times per game I usually lose my breath at some of the throws Allen makes when he fits the ball between 3 defenders for a completion.  I don't see him shying away from throwing into very tight windows.  he just happens to get them there most of the time.

• Like (+1) 7