Sunday night football: packers at vikings

elroy16

Anyone watching? 

Rodgers just missed a TD on a throw similar to Allen's miss to Knox at the end of the game. 

Then he throws a little bit high and Adams dropped it. On the same play it looked like he could have had someone beyond the sticks. 

I wonder if packer fans are calling him a bust for missing a few throws and plays or is that just bills fans? 

Dumb thread I know, it just drives me nuts how people expect Allen to be perfect. Of course you want him to be perfect and he needs to get better to be in the same sentence as someone like Rodgers, but let's also give the kid a break once in a while. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I was going to post the same thoughts. And now an INT. Yet zero criticism from the announcers. If this were Allen, we'd be hearing all about his fatal flaws.

Rodgers is definitely a player in decline.

He has like 3 picks on the season and is surrounded by scrubs.. Adams is great but all those other guys have some talent but surely aren’t starters on almost any other team. Jimmy graham is like the walking dead out there. Oh and they have a new coach and new offense this year, and FINALLY. A run game. Maybe he’s not the best quarterback in the league but I haven’t seen any decline in his game. 

I had some very similar thoughts as the OP.  

Every QB misses WRs, gets sacked, throws ints & fumbles.  It's just that every time a Bills QB does it people overreact.  Jim Kelly didn't get into a Super Bowl until his 7th pro season and 5th NFL season.  Years ago teams didn't play QBs for years until they felt they were "ready".  21st century fans want their players to be popped into a microwave and be complete in minutes.  Sometimes a QB has to be slow cooked to get the best results.  Some fans need to have some patience.  

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I’m confused if they played last night, why are they playing again tonight?

Nobody watched the game last night because NBC messed up & televised KC @ Chicago, so they are making GB & Min play the game over. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I was going to post the same thoughts. And now an INT. Yet zero criticism from the announcers. If this were Allen, we'd be hearing all about his fatal flaws.

Announcers are hesitant to talk negative about HOF QB's in decline.  Plus, this is the worst MNF crew of all time and that includes Dennis Miller.

19 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Anyone watching? 

Rodgers just missed a TD on a throw similar to Allen's miss to Knox at the end of the game. 

Then he throws a little bit high and Adams dropped it. On the same play it looked like he could have had someone beyond the sticks. 

I wonder if packer fans are calling him a bust for missing a few throws and plays or is that just bills fans? 

Dumb thread I know, it just drives me nuts how people expect Allen to be perfect. Of course you want him to be perfect and he needs to get better to be in the same sentence as someone like Rodgers, but let's also give the kid a break once in a while. 

You are a 100% correct. Every QB misses throws. Rodgers makes some poor decisions still. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

He has like 3 picks on the season and is surrounded by scrubs.. Adams is great but all those other guys have some talent but surely aren’t starters on almost any other team. Jimmy graham is like the walking dead out there. Oh and they have a new coach and new offense this year, and FINALLY. A run game. Maybe he’s not the best quarterback in the league but I haven’t seen any decline in his game. 

I will take him.

11 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I had some very similar thoughts as the OP.  

Every QB misses WRs, gets sacked, throws ints & fumbles.  It's just that every time a Bills QB does it people overreact.  Jim Kelly didn't get into a Super Bowl until his 7th pro season and 5th NFL season.  Years ago teams didn't play QBs for years until they felt they were "ready".  21st century fans want their players to be popped into a microwave and be complete in minutes.  Sometimes a QB has to be slow cooked to get the best results.  Some fans need to have some patience.  

On the flip side, how many quarterbacks similar to Allen’s situation in the last 20 years have found long term success? Top 10 pick, very raw, inconsistent. Not flaming him or saying he won’t be the guy later but I would expect his game to be ripped apart. Similar to how baker and Darnold have been. The ravens vs browns game the other day I think it was Romo who was really picking apart bakers flaws and bad throws and decisions. Rodgers has earned respect all across the media and the league because look at the plays he’s made. Clutch throws with the game on the line, not just the Hail Marys, playoff games he took over. 
If you want the Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, Jackson kind of treatment when people talk you got to prove yourself first and accomplish things similar to what they have. Allen has had chances and hasn’t capitalized yet. He hasn’t taken over a big game and really put his stamp on the league yet. Playoffs are here, he can create his own legend. If he doesn’t and the offense sucks in the playoffs he has a whole offseason to work on his game, and work with his guys. There will be guys on here crying to draft a quarterback round one and stuff but Allen ain’t going nowhere. 

Edited by Rc2catch

24 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Anyone watching? 

Came here to post this ^ . Glad someone beat me to it. Allen is the real deal the haters need to stop or just go away. The kid is not inaccurate and he will be great! I rarely speak in definitives but this one I am sure about.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Announcers are hesitant to talk negative about HOF QB's in decline.  Plus, this is the worst MNF crew of all time and that includes Dennis Miller.

I'm in probably the 0.001% who enjoyed Miller...it was like listening to a guy on mushrooms on National TV.....

Edited by Iron Maiden
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The announcing is awful, but Dennis Miller is and will forever be the WOAT.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

During the bucs game Winston missed pretty badly on three straight plays. The comments by the announcers were, he hasn't had time to gel with the receivers, the receivers aren't ready for the big stage, and how his thumb is bothering him. 

For everyone else there's a reason they aren't performing, for Allen it's because he's inaccurate. I shouldn't care, but it does annoy me. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

During the bucs game Winston missed pretty badly on three straight plays. The comments by the announcers were, he hasn't had time to gel with the receivers, the receivers aren't ready for the big stage, and how his thumb is bothering him. 

For everyone else there's a reason they aren't performing, for Allen it's because he's inaccurate. I shouldn't care, but it does annoy me. 

Winston was coming off back to back 400 yard games and lost Evans and Godwin and was throwing to practice squad guys just called up. I don’t like him, or think he’s a good quarterback. They have no run game and play from behind of course he’ll have stats throwing 50+ times a game. And I didn’t listen to the game. But I can see why they cut him slack. 
Baker was the golden boy last year, most touchdowns by a rookie blah blah blah and this year he’s bad and they call him out in it. 
Dak Prescott was the MVP the first few games and he’s been ripped for weeks for being inaccurate.
Goff gets ripped for all those weapons and not making good decisions with the ball. 
Wentz gets a lot of hate too.

It’s not the world VS Allen. 
Seriously take the buffalo bills glasses off. 

He has flaws in his game, people are paid to call them out. It’s not like the talking heads just bash him, he has all the talent in the world and it’s recognized. Just as he has a lot of work to do is recognized. 

Edited by Rc2catch