Rumor Roethlisberger done with Football

34 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Why is this thread posted twice?

Why is this thread posted twice?

It was posted by Jimmy Two-Times, before he had to go get the papers, get the papers...

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

6th period lunch recess.

So it's reliable then, coming straight from Roethlisberger himself...

• Haha (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Newton, Tannehill, Winston, Dalton... some decent vets will be available.  Steelers win at least 10 games win this any 1 of those guys.  

I can see Dalton def being available for some team needing a QB....lot of ticked off Bengles fans if he went withn division lol........Think Carolina will now keep Newton since K.Allen pretty much crashed.....Titans are no way on earth gonna let Tannehill go! I wouldnt.....I believe the Bucs already said they plan on keeping Jameis for next season.....

33 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

So another ex-athlete mansion in the upper crust Pittsburgh suburbs might be available.

......may be time to start doing some low ballin'.

The Antonio Brown one with a custom Treehouse Master's Treehouse is probably still the best.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Newton, Tannehill, Winston, Dalton... some decent vets will be available.  Steelers win at least 10 games win this any 1 of those guys.  

If Carolina trades Newton, unless they draft a QB in the 1st round, they are out of their minds.  Since the Newton trade rumors started Kyle Allen has been benched because the league caught up with him & Will Grier threw 3 picks in his 1st start, a 38-6 beatdown in Indianapolis yesterday.  

1 hour ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

If true maybe they would listen to offers for Juju Shuster for some draft capital. I would give up A 2nd and a 4th for him. Game changer

A game changer on a rookie contract is worth at least 1 #1.  You would give up a 2nd and a 4th, but any NFL GM who did  make that offer would quickly get a reputation as a guy who doesn't make serious trade offers.

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NobesBLO13 said:

A terrible human being who I will not miss when he is gone.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so Ben may retire and they'd trade their playmaker for draft capital?......hell, I'd bet if Brees retires we can get a shot at Michael Thomas for "draft capital", right??..........

I think he used to be.  he might have actually grown out of his douche phase to some degree anyway.

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Did you like the player or the person?

The only thing I care about is what the player does on the field.    What they do when they step off it is who ha to me. 

I realize that's a minority position, but so be it...

opening day 2001 at Ann Arbor and Ben came in with his Miami (Ohio) squad

all the yahoos were whooping it up for the easy win, but i stated that kid was going to the pros with his size and drop back and throw game

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

How does anyone know he is done with football?

He basically had an entire year to sit out and get healthy.

Giving up that huge payday is going to be very, very difficult........... even for someone as banged up as Ben has been.

It kind of appears that he's taken that entire year to sit and get bulky

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NobesBLO13 said:

A terrible human being who I will not miss when he is gone.

How do you know? Are you well acquainted with him or is it based on reading a few articles over his career where the reporter may or may not have an ax to grind with him?

2 hours ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

If true maybe they would listen to offers for Juju Shuster for some draft capital. I would give up A 2nd and a 4th for him. Game changer

More likely outcome is they'd look to sign a free agent QB as a stop-gap and just wait until next year to draft someone again.

I think Ben will be back though; doubt he stood around on the sideline all year just to retire in the offseason when he's finally healthy again.

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2868270-mort-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-has-some-doubt-hell-play-again-post-injury.amp.html

so there's that

"I've talked to people who have spoken with him, and he has some doubt whether he's really gonna play football again," ESPN's Chris Mortensen said on SportsCenter Monday.

It kind of sounds like "I know a guy who knows a guy who says..."