Why don't teams run tackle eligible plays more often? They almost always work

Big Turk

15 hours ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Just because you say something is true doesn’t make it true. 6 seconds at the snap. 1 second left when he catches:  

You're not good at math, are you? With 10 seconds left, they had tried a 1st down pass, didn't work. On 2nd down they scored... with 1 second left. So yes, they would have had time for a 3rd play if they had missed this one as well. Thanks for playing

46 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

You're not good at math, are you? With 10 seconds left, they had tried a 1st down pass, didn't work. On 2nd down they scored... with 1 second left. So yes, they would have had time for a 3rd play if they had missed this one as well. Thanks for playing

We must be playing a different game. I only referred to the 5 seconds it took for the second down play. Which left 1 second for an additional play. 

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

An on field official, probably the referee, announces the man is eligible before the play starts, you have the game on mute usually?

i know what it means....

Yes, the official on the field announces it...if you're at the game they announce the tackle reporting eligible what feels like a few times a drive...you rarely if ever hear it on tv though...therefore they mute the call on the broadcast, because you extremely rarely hear it...replay the dawkins td...did you hear him report eligible?

On 12/23/2019 at 3:09 PM, row_33 said:

actually when it's announced infrequently, it does seem to work most of the time

i guess if defining it doesn't "work" when the eligible man isn't instrumental in the play, makes it risky?

I was at the skins giants game this weekend and they announced 66 as eligible on like every play

4 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

observation bias. Quantum physics discussion on TBD! Schrodinger's eligible-tackle

yeah right....

Brownian motion to pick stocks, reading tea leaves would be better....