This is funny, Pat lineman moving the ball back 1/2 foot

Pokebball

40 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

All I know is no player from either team should ever re-set the ball. The entire organization have been taught to cheat. It's what they do and I guarantee you the league will ignore this. Because they are the Patriots.

I would really like to see the whole football ball placement thing come out of the stone age and join the age of modern geospatial technology.

I mean, I grant that the refs are trained to spot where the ball is down.  But sometimes they simply can't see where the ball is when the player is down.  So they must make an educated guess.  Then they bring out these sticks and chains.

Just as going to VOIP on a dedicated frequency should have removed the whole "Pats Radio Broadcast on Mike Tomlin's Helmet" thing, having a position sensor in the ball (or possibly 2) and sensors at the goal line should be able to just take the whole ball position inaccuracy and skullduggery out of the equation.  We could stop challenging the spot of the ball, unless in the case of a positional malfunction.

It should be totally feasible.  The NFL piloted putting positional sensors in balls a couple years back and then dropped it (unless they quietly still have 'em and that's where the passing charts in NFL Nextgen Stats come from in which case WHY are we dealing with this stone-age stuff?)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Do y'all understand that where the ball is on the ground before refs touch it has no bearing on where the ball is spotted? Both Refs had different spots, but the line judges near the top of the pic was where the ball was ultimately placed

Edit to add that this happens a lot in close yardage games and is wishful thinking in general

Edited by NoswayJose
Fix

23 minutes ago, NoswayJose said:

Do y'all understand that where the ball is on the ground before refs touch it has no bearing on where the ball is spotted? Both Refs had different spots, but the line judges near the top of the pic was where the ball was ultimately placed

Edit to add that this happens a lot in close yardage games and is wishful thinking in general

Yeah, I understand.

I'm not sure how this changes anything.  A player shouldn't be a adjusting the placement of the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoswayJose said:

anthony-dixon-and-sheldon-richardson-mov

What is your point

7 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Yeah, I understand.

I'm not sure how this changes anything.  A player shouldn't be a adjusting the placement of the ball.

And the real issue is the ref w the better view was a yard apart (in our favor) and there was no discussion as to where it should be. Bs

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would really like to see the whole football ball placement thing come out of the stone age and join the age of modern geospatial technology.

I mean, I grant that the refs are trained to spot where the ball is down.  But sometimes they simply can't see where the ball is when the player is down.  So they must make an educated guess.  Then they bring out these sticks and chains.

Just as going to VOIP on a dedicated frequency should have removed the whole "Pats Radio Broadcast on Mike Tomlin's Helmet" thing, having a position sensor in the ball (or possibly 2) and sensors at the goal line should be able to just take the whole ball position inaccuracy and skullduggery out of the equation.  We could stop challenging the spot of the ball, unless in the case of a positional malfunction.

It should be totally feasible.  The NFL piloted putting positional sensors in balls a couple years back and then dropped it (unless they quietly still have 'em and that's where the passing charts in NFL Nextgen Stats come from in which case WHY are we dealing with this stone-age stuff?)

I've worked on systems that do positional tracking in small scale environments. While the technology is there, it's still not 100% feasible. Easiest way, but not the cheapest, would be to pull out the entire field and place sensors under the turf, we're talking like 10 feet apart. So imagine the cost of all that equipment. Then you also have to hope they don't get damaged, or the wiring corrodes, etc. 

Maybe someday, yes, it can happen. I just don't see it happening soon. 

3 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I called it out during the game in real time

THere were a few different things during the game that would like to see the bills a little more aggressive

Dont let them move the ball without picking up and moving it back

Dont allow their QB to trip Oliver without stepping on his throwing hand by accident (hey Oliver didnt ask him to do it)

Dont allow Brady to run with the ball.....and lighten up on the hit because it is Tom Brady and he is not sliding.....knock that fool into retirement if he does not slide......Brady went straight for the Tre Whites knee on that block

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I called it out during the game in real time

THere were a few different things during the game that would like to see the bills a little more aggressive

Dont let them move the ball without picking up and moving it back

Dont allow their QB to trip Oliver without stepping on his throwing hand by accident (hey Oliver didnt ask him to do it)

Dont allow Brady to run with the ball.....and lighten up on the hit because it is Tom Brady and he is not sliding.....knock that fool into retirement if he does not slide......Brady went straight for the Tre Whites knee on that block

THIS! X10000

If you have an open opportunity to hit a non-sliding Brady, you smash him into next week. Make sure he doesn't get up.

Do NOT hold up. For the love of god. Same goes for PEDelman, crush that little twink that thinks he's a lot tougher than he actually is.

3 hours ago, Augie said:

That is INSANE! There should be some fines/penalties for that, and I don’t just mean the player. The refs should be embarrassed AND punished! 

Just from this past game there was at least 3 bull#### moves by the Pats that I can think of off the top of my head (Brady attempted trip, Edelman fake head injury,  and this). Its become like the Jeffrey Epstein situation where everyone knows the ***** is going to happen and nothing gets done about it. 

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I remember this from the game; whoever the Bills' player was did the "I'm already down but I'll move the ball ahead anyway" thing.

Nothing to see here...unlike 3-4 other key moments during that game.

we are not talkjing about a payer who moved/extended the ball forward as play ends. Most players do that to get furthest possible consideration for where the ball was when his knee touched. Especially on tackles near first line marker.

This was a case of ref spotting ball and as 3 refs run in and are not looking at ball so much and other player moves it back a full yard. It was just perfect happening that all 3 refs not looking at that exact quick timing moment. Like when a guy is running free and looks left then right at just the wrong time to keep the defender gaining fast on him in the player with ball blind spot. Like when Leon Lett had ball knocked out by Beebe the other defender who could have blocked Beebe did that head turn thing.

Edited by cba fan