Edelman admits faking head injury in Bills game

YoloinOhio

Just now, thebandit27 said:

It's bush league for sure, but in this case the refs did the right thing: they took him off the field, made him take the mandatory on-field tests, wait the obligatory 15 minutes, take the follow up tests, and only then cleared him to return. Not sure what else they could do.

So, do you think he confessed to the medical staff that he was just faking it like a soccer flopper? Pretty funny, huh, guys? I had you fooled and wasted your time but, hey, I'm Julian Edelman baby!

2 minutes ago, Moose said:

So, do you think he confessed to the medical staff that he was just faking it like a soccer flopper? Pretty funny, huh, guys? I had you fooled and wasted your time but, hey, I'm Julian Edelman baby!

Not sure, and in truth it doesn't matter. The IDC calls for him to be removed and checked, so he gets removed and checked.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The smiling in making the comment is what irks me most, I mean he's proud of his accomplishment/attempt to cheat. That's what disgusts me more than anything. 

As someone else has said - was it @Virgil?  Their organizational culture is just permeated with this crap.  It's very calculated. 

They figure if they pick a guy 10 times, and the ref calls it 3, they're ahead.  A full contact tackle like that just ticks me off because if Poyer weren't on the watch for it, he could be injured.  Same thing with Brady 'cut blocking' Tre Day.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Really happy for the amount of offensive pass interference that game, and the flag landing right infront of Edelman's face made me laugh for about 10 minutes. Might have been a decently ref'd game considering it was in NE except for the Allen sacked when they were pushing him down further after the play with no call and the face mask at the end could have been a game breaker.

Edited by DieHardBillsFan

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just feels like he’s making a mockery of it and using time and resources of the doctors during a game for his own selfish cheating jollies 

The sad part is the same can be said for most active players. When they are in their careers, they all act like the concussions are no big deal and want to get back into the game. Then after they retire and their brains are mush, they're somehow surprised they cant function.

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It was pretty obvious that he was embellishing it at the time.

But in the big picture that dude has taken an absolute beating in the slot over his career. 

If you want to win it helps a lot of have a filthy mutt like that committed to your organization.

When he gets off the juice post-career I expect he's going to unravel and be in pretty rough shape.   

I totally agree, I was telling my son the exact same thing Saturday night.  Edelman has taken a pounding over the years.  His quality of life is going to be seriously compromised when he gets a bit older.  Hope it was worth it moron.  

50 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Go root for the cheats.      Condoning bush league behavior is lame.    You sound like the kid who gets bullied tbh. 

How 'bout this....there are 8 active threads complaining about the Pats in varying ways ....wah wah wah.....Safe to say they are in the heads of the posters who feel the need to feel  to feel slighted about their antics....

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, Edelman layed on the turf motionless then all of a sudden got up when he realized the fake injury scam wasn't going to work.  But regardless of their consistent behavior of pushing the limits of sportsmanship and crossing the line on the rule book I rest easy now knowing their reign of terror is coming to an end.  Brady will be pushing 43 and the deterioration of his skills will accelerate sharply from here.  It might be wise to consider retirement.  I seriously doubt the Patriots will reach or win the Super Bowl this year as they'll likely have to beat either/and the Chiefs and the Ravens.  Two teams that look very strong and are hitting their stride going into the playoffs.  And in the SB a host of NFC teams like SF and NO that looks vastly superior.  Plus in 2020 after another off-season of building, upgrading the roster, and filling holes the Bills will be an even greater threat.  Sit back, relax, and enjoy the holidays and the Bills playoff appearance.  In 2020 NE will be history.  

57 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It was pretty obvious that he was embellishing it at the time.

But in the big picture that dude has taken an absolute beating in the slot over his career. 

If you want to win it helps a lot of have a filthy mutt like that committed to your organization.

When he gets off the juice post-career I expect he's going to unravel and be in pretty rough shape.   

Filthy Mutt— haha love it!!!!