Edelman admits faking head injury in Bills game

YoloinOhio

“Oh, you mean Lazarus?” Slater said when asked about Edelman. “He was kind of funny the way he laid out there. But Edelman came back from the dead.”

Without question, joking about potential, or pretended, head injuries is not common in pro football locker rooms — nor will the NFL likely find it too amusing. But at this time of year, the six-time Super Bowl champion Patriots are usually a story of stunning revival.

5 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

N.E. can prepare for a strongly worded private wrist slap from Goodell.

Don't worry, Kraft already took out all his leather bondage gear for Goodell......

This sounds like a nice excuse for him having to go to the locker room for evaluation and miraculously being able to come back in a little bit later. If not that is something that should lead to a huge fine or suspension, if the NFL is serious in wanting to save it's players from long term health issues......

• Like (+1) 3

All over the NFL, players are always playing just over the edge, doing things that are against the rules, but that are usually overlooked.  It's been said that every offensive line holds on every play.  It's true that Edelman is one who often does thing and gets away with it, but his concussion ploy did not distract officials from the offensive pass interference as he hopped, and as the article points out, he missed a quarter of the game with the mandatory  examination by an independent neurologist to rule out a concussion.  If the league fines him, so much the better, but he did pay a price for his ploy in any case.

• Like (+1) 2

I absolutely cannot wait until it all comes crashing down. I hope they not only lose in the playoffs, but get absolutely humiliated by whomever it is that takes them down. I want to see a 51-3 drubbing at the hands of whomever it may be. I hope Brady gets hit so many times that they are scraping him off of the turf, Belichick is made to look a fool by the opposing coaching staff, and that Edelman gets pounded. There are no words strong enough for how much I absolutely hate the Pats from top to bottom, from the owner all the way down to the waterboy. 

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

suspend his ass for a full season starting now.  

Oh, you can bet the league is going to get involved with this one. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

All over the NFL, players are always playing just over the edge, doing things that are against the rules, but that are usually overlooked.  It's been said that every offensive line holds on every play.  It's true that Edelman is one who often does thing and gets away with it, but his concussion ploy did not distract officials from the offensive pass interference as he hopped, and as the article points out, he missed a quarter of the game with the mandatory  examination by an independent neurologist to rule out a concussion.  If the league fines him, so much the better, but he did pay a price for his ploy in any case.

Just feels like he’s making a mockery of it and using time and resources of the doctors during a game for his own selfish cheating jollies 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Lordy.....a lot of time this board sounds like a bunch of whiny kids complaining that the bully stole their lunch money again....

Go root for the cheats.      Condoning bush league behavior is lame.    You sound like the kid who gets bullied tbh. 

• Like (+1) 4

It was pretty obvious that he was embellishing it at the time.

But in the big picture that dude has taken an absolute beating in the slot over his career. 

If you want to win it helps a lot of have a filthy mutt like that committed to your organization.

When he gets off the juice post-career I expect he's going to unravel and be in pretty rough shape.   

• Like (+1) 3

It's bush league for sure, but in this case the refs did the right thing: they took him off the field, made him take the mandatory on-field tests, wait the obligatory 15 minutes, take the follow up tests, and only then cleared him to return. Not sure what else they could do.

• Like (+1) 2