Week 17: Jets at Bills

YoloinOhio

18 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Well, despite the clamor for Gase's head, the team is 4-2 in their last 6 games, including somehow managing to beat the Steelers (I THINK it had more to do with Duck throwing ducks, but) and earlier, the Cowboys.  Mehta's assessment of the fall-off in offensive production is a bit specious, because he doesn't account for the fact that Darnold missed 4 games.

So I think it's the same philosophy as the Falcons, where they think the end of the season was turned around so let's wait and see.

Edit: I had not realized that Hodges was pulled from the game for Rudolph, then Rudolph was benched again for Hodges.  Wow, the Steelers have a QB Soap Opera going down.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I think there will be a few players active that we are not used to seeing.

To be truthful, I got a very uncomfortable feeling listening to "The Lo Down," the weekly program with Lorenzo Alexander today. 

For one thing, it started out weird with fan mail saying the guy's wife is pregnant and he had his wife's permission to name their son after 'Zo.  I thought 'Zo was a little taken aback.  I mean, it's a compliment and all but it's just a bit over the top.  Both Zo and Tasker said "I don't have a son named for me".

Anyway, I could think of lots worse players the baby could get named after, so there's that.

But for another, for all the talk about the starters will play, it sounded as though 'Zo is pretty much counting on it that the core of our D won't be playing much (Poyer, Hyde, Tre' Day, Milano, Edmunds)

Add that to Shaq out, and could get real ugly, real fast.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To be truthful, I got a very uncomfortable feeling listening to "The Lo Down," the weekly program with Lorenzo Alexander today. 

For one thing, it started out weird with fan mail saying the guy's wife is pregnant and he had his wife's permission to name their son after 'Zo.  I thought 'Zo was a little taken aback.  I mean, it's a compliment and all but it's just a bit over the top.  Both Zo and Tasker said "I don't have a son named for me".

Anyway, I could think of lots worse players the baby could get named after, so there's that.

But for another, for all the talk about the starters will play, it sounded as though 'Zo is pretty much counting on it that the core of our D won't be playing much (Poyer, Hyde, Tre' Day, Milano, Edmunds)

Add that to Shaq out, and could get real ugly, real fast.

Its unlikely Bills will win this game but big deal.   Icing on cake if they do, just keep people healthy.  Guarantee the Texans will be resting most of their starters.

7 minutes ago, KCNC said:

Its unlikely Bills will win this game but big deal.   Icing on cake if they do, just keep people healthy.  Guarantee the Texans will be resting most of their starters.

at first I was like “no way, they’re not locked into the 4th seed yet”... but then I looked at the schedule and I see that LAC-KC is at 1 PM whereas TEN-HOU is at 4:15.  If KC does win their game, I could definitely see Houston deciding to do just that.  But maybe The Chin will surprise us

44 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I assume one needs a new 5G-capable phone to use this?

Along with an equivalent brain. ?

16 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

excited to see duke williams and what Yeldon can do 

Singletary, Brown, Beasley, and Allen need to rest

if any one of them go down our whole offense becomes crippled. 

Not to mention the D players on Hapless' post above

22 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

excited to see duke williams and what Yeldon can do 

Singletary, Brown, Beasley, and Allen need to rest

if any one of them go down our whole offense becomes crippled. 

So serious question:

Why doesn't Belicheck hold this philosophy? 

He had his team whipped up to a froth against us.  We got butt-whupped on both lines. 

This week, he's whipping them to another froth "Its a Playoff Game for Us!"

The Pats seem to go into the playoffs playing their best hardest football of the year, each year.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So serious question:

Why doesn't Belicheck hold this philosophy? 

He had his team whipped up to a froth against us.  We got butt-whupped on both lines. 

This week, he's whipping them to another froth "Its a Playoff Game for Us!"

The Pats seem to go into the playoffs playing their best hardest football of the year, each year.

I think the Pats could miss out on a first round bye with a loss and Kc win. If there was nothing on the line I wonder if Belicheck would  treat it differently?

I don’t know even know where I fall on this. I see the value of keeping your guys healthy but I also see the value in wanting to try and be sharp as possible for next week. It will be interesting to see how it plays out tomorrow. 

I just can’t get into this game. I’ve tried all week -even with Christmas, but I just don’t care and wish it were defaulted. Sure, I’d love an 11 Win season and I hate and ALWAYS want to beat the Jets. But with the laissez faire attitude by the team, starters wisely not playing the whole game and the outcome otherwise meaningless sans national opinion being ‘Well, they ONLY won 10 games, so..’ IDGAF.

Honestly can’t remember feeling this way about any game, regardless of any previous W/L record on the final week.

Sorry, guys..?‍♂️

image.thumb.png.3af88b74f664e8424e21792749636c05.png

20 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I just can’t get into this game. I’ve tried all week -even with Christmas, but I just don’t care and wish it were defaulted. Sure, I’d love an 11 Win season and I hate and ALWAYS want to beat the Jets. But with the laissez faire attitude by the team, starters wisely not playing the whole game and the outcome otherwise meaningless sans national opinion being ‘Well, they ONLY won 10 games, so..’ IDGAF.

Honestly can’t remember feeling this way about any game, regardless of any previous W/L record on the final week.

Sorry, guys..?‍♂️

I'm scared of this game, frankly.  The only way the Bills can truly lose is to have a starter injured.

Paradoxically, I think there are two ways to achieve this:

1) Go Balls to the Wall, like the Patriots do

2) Sit the most critical guys from the start

I think that when guys, especially guys on the lines, are "half in", that's when injuries strike.

Plus I'm scared of Dirty Gregg-o, and I think Gase neither does nor cares to exercise control over him.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sorry, guys..?‍♂️

I hear you...I’m pretty much in the same place. Anyone hear the draft position impact of winning vs. losing. Is it much different?