Week 17: Jets at Bills

YoloinOhio

On 12/23/2019 at 11:01 AM, stevewin said:

A month ago my wife decided to buy tickets to this game so that family coming into town for the holidays could all go to a game.  I warned her there was a high chance 1) the game would be meaningless and 2) the weather would suck.   She got them anyway <_<

I gambled and got tickets right before the Patriots game. My reasoning was if that they beat the Patriots, the Jets game MIGHT be very meaningful and tickets would be very expensive. I will enjoy the game and tailgate with family and friends! We are only driving in from Rochester so it is not a problem! :beer:

On 12/24/2019 at 1:28 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No.

All that matters is preparing for the Texans, everything else is a waste of time.

Keeping the ship from falling apart IS prepping for the Texans. The data that resting starters equates to post season success is just not there.

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Keeping the ship from falling apart IS prepping for the Texans. The data that resting starters equates to post season success is just not there.

Is "amount of rest and subsequent playoff performance" something that has been looked into, and if so, do you know where? I'm interested in reading it

7 minutes ago, motorj said:

After rewatching the week 1 jets highlights its crazy how winning from 16-0 deficit in late 3rd possibly determined the whole season, they lose that they probably go in a downward momentum spiral.

I dunno about that - the culture and psychological buildup that McBeane has been engaging in over the course of three years is almost solely to ensure stuff like this can't happen. They will never get too high or too low. 

52 minutes ago, motorj said:

After rewatching the week 1 jets highlights its crazy how winning from 16-0 deficit in late 3rd possibly determined the whole season, they lose that they probably go in a downward momentum spiral.

Also crazy the flukish nature of at least half the turnovers.

Allen and the offense seemed to be able to move the ball at will in that game, but then random crazy turnover.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Interesting about Shaq injury...I thought it looked like he did something when he was about to celebrate (I believe) a TFL against the Pats.  He was starting to do his muscle dance or whatever, then you could see him favor his leg.  At this point, I can't remember which one, maybe the left...?  Anyone else recall seeing that?

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Interesting about Shaq injury...I thought it looked like he did something when he was about to celebrate (I believe) a TFL against the Pats.  He was starting to do his muscle dance or whatever, then you could see him favor his leg.  At this point, I can't remember which one, maybe the left...?  Anyone else recall seeing that?

Yep, noticed that too. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one, but I mentioned it in the GDT once it happened. Like you, looked to me like he came up a bit lame seconds into his celebration. Surprisingly, he stayed in the game. 

Edited by TheProcess

29 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Yep, noticed that too. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one, but I mentioned it in the GDT once it happened. Like you, looked to me like he came up a bit lame seconds into his celebration. Surprisingly, he stayed in the game. 

Yup, the injury celebration. I just figured he was mocking someone lol

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TPS said:

Yep, i remember thinking he didn't want to make it obvious he injured it during the celebration, so he decided to stay in for a couple plays....watching him closely on those, he didn't "explode" off the ball, but he usually doesn't get a great get off anyhow.  I'd be shocked if he played this week, hopefully rest and therapy will get him back for playoffs...hamstrings are definitely tricky

• Like (+1) 1