Week 17: Jets at Bills

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Twitter link to Daboll presser.  Facebook not up yet:

Did anyone catch the first question Daboll was asked?  He responded "You'd have to ask Josh...he's pretty level-headed....each unique game is a little bit different and I think that would be a good question for him" but it wasn't clear what the question was (to me).

Daboll kind of made it sound as though the roster decisions as to who would play would be made by Beane and McDermott and he was just going to keep his head down and prepare a game plan.

Daboll with misdirect, " Oh we are preparing for jets just like any other game" sure you are. You have learned well young Jedi 

th?id=OIP.SDugmdcpDUryLqok732rjQAAAA&pid

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Rest everybody we can.  

I’d kneel every play and tell the defense to lay down every snap if I could.  

Well the backups should get some reps but i totally get your point.

• Haha (+1) 1

Start Barkley.

6 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

This game should just be treated as a preseason game with very little game planning, and feature the backups.  Starters shouldn’t even be bothered with having to prep for the Jets and instead should be focused instead on Houston.

I agree that the backups should start...but why no game plannning? 

That is an important part of the preparation, regardless of what players are used.

9 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Start Barkley.

That is an important part of the preparation, regardless of what players are used.

I trust he means something more along the lines of not putting anything particularly new on tape. 

23 minutes ago, Big C said:

I trust he means something more along the lines of not putting anything particularly new on tape. 

Hmmm...I'm always a bit perplexed by this...There is a whole season's worth of plays (at least) that are out there. What is the big deal about some "new" play? You can just as easily mislead a future opponent with a "new" play, as give away some kind of secret. 

I think it is nonsense, and is way overblown. If a team has been at all conscious of running different plays using a variety of formations, it shouldn't be a problem.

Coach: "When they are in this formation, and send the TE in motion, they might run this play, that play, or that play, or this play, or this play, or this play, or that play. Last season, when they were in this formation, and sent the TE in motion, they ran this play, or this play, or that play, and that play, and this play. Got it guys?"

C'mon...

Edited by 32ABBA

1 hour ago, 32ABBA said:

Start Barkley.

I just meant I wouldn’t waste any real time breaking down film on the Jets or spend any other valuable prep time focusing on coming up with specific game plans geared towards exposing their weaknesses. Personally I would rather all the time, manpower and available resources that would be be put into preparing for the Jets instead be redirected towards getting ready for the playoffs. Start backups, just run vanilla stuff, who cares what the Jets do, the only goal should be getting out of the game healthy.

After seeing some of McD’s comments, I think he is basically following a similar train of thought.  

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

The only hesitation I have with resting our starters is how flat we came out against the Fins after the bye.  Maybe play them a series or two for those that are completely healthy.

Nobody's coming out flat in the playoffs.  If anything they'll be too hyped.

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

im starting to really think McDermott used a simple game plan against the Patriots so that the team could get a rest the last week of the season and to focus on the playoffs. We have played in high pressure games since the Ravens and it would be hard the players to be going balls out every week since then.

I hope we beat the Jets but bring on the Texans. If im McDermott im already game planing for the Texans and just do some pre-season style game plan for the jets.

yes and no on this

the playoffs are full bore hard nose football 

and can be a long 4 week stretch against other top playoff teams. 

slim as it was the AFCE had not been settled.  

maybe now they might look forward but not before the Cheaters game 

• Like (+1) 1

I would really like to see (but don't expect) every pass from Allen be a quick throw. We know he's solid in the intermediate routes, but he still needs to get better at quick throws and picking up easy yardage. This is a practice game, I want to see 1 and 3 step drops and a throw. I don't care if it's out of bounds on 3rd and 2. Don't risk injury and try to speed up his clock a hair. 

I get wanting to get him reps, but for Christ's sake, don't expose the kid to hits in this meaningless game. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I don’t like this 

For me it depends. Do they go out and run the ball two times and give Allen a quick throw, just so that they keep their week/pre-game routine and stay in rhythm? Or do they play 3 quarters and expose Allen to some hits and run QB draws on 3rd and 15. 

I generally trust McDermott, so we'll see. 

Edited by elroy16