Week 17: Jets at Bills

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Any chance we can get a thread going on the other playoff teams .. it would be nice to have people provide insights on the Chiefs , Texans, etc. I am certain I am not the only one who cares zero about the J.E.S.T jests, jests, jests game

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sit every starter you can, need as much of bye as we can get. Right know im going struggle to watch other games next week as i just want to get to the Texans. Yes i know we could play the Chiefs but not likely. I just blazed through the Monday night game because i just dont care about the regular season right now.

15 hours ago, Steptide said:

In some weird way, I'm excited to see the backups in this game 

Thats about the only thing, this game is so meaningless that even Jimmy Spags hasn't even shown up.

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like it means nothing but if we lose then we won’t have a winning record in our division. That would suck but still meaningless. I kind of like that 11-5 vibe more than 10-6 too. 

Maybe more will get him a better contract but if im McD im sitting as many starters as possible and see how many running plays we can run in a game.

15 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Bills have yet to decide if starters will play in Week 17

The game has no bearing on the team’s season. Buffalo has already constructed its best record of the century and has secured a playoff berth, a win in the final game of the season would do nothing but send the boisterous New Era Field crowd home happy.

Giving key players such as Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds, and Tre’Davious White a week of rest and more time to prepare for the Bills’ postseason opponent would likely prove more beneficial than sending them out against the struggling Jets.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/22/buffalo-bills-starters-week-17-jets/amp/

the lines I've seen are Bills -1 to Bills -1.5 

im starting to really think McDermott used a simple game plan against the Patriots so that the team could get a rest the last week of the season and to focus on the playoffs. We have played in high pressure games since the Ravens and it would be hard the players to be going balls out every week since then.

I hope we beat the Jets but bring on the Texans. If im McDermott im already game planing for the Texans and just do some pre-season style game plan for the jets.

15 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I think the starters will start, but that josh’ll Be pulled after a drive or two, and the rest will face a heavy rotation.

not me, cant let winning this game get in the way of winning in the Playoffs, they need to act like this is their bye week. 

15 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Do the Bills want to end the season with a 2 game losing streak???

the optics will be there 

doesnt matter, no one will remember once the Playoffs start, focus needs to be on that.

im playing Barkley and if he gets hurt someone is going in the wildcat and run the clock down as fast as possible, no way i put Allen in , not worth the injury risk.

the guys that arent starting i wouldn't even give them jets game film and would give them Texans instead.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

15 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

There's absolutely no reason to play the starters.

At all.

There is, however, a great opportunity to get some live reps for guys like Barkley, Yeldon, Bates, Boettger, Duke, etc that are one play away from being in the thick of playoff action.

Amen brother !!!

14 hours ago, stevewin said:

A month ago my wife decided to buy tickets to this game so that family coming into town for the holidays could all go to a game.  I warned her there was a high chance 1) the game would be meaningless and 2) the weather would suck.   She got them anyway <_<

enjoy the game :beer:

13 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Impossible. @Billsfan1972 told me Allen's a horrible QB. How is it possible for Beasley and Brown to be having career years?

Let me see if I'm understanding you.

You're complaining because your wife bought you Bills tickets?

<_<

Try having a woman who wants to go apple picking/shopping/looking at christmas lights/whatever whenever the Bills play.

or your wife hates football because you watch 10 games a week ;)

12 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

No rest for starters. Need too much work on screens and beating blitz. Jets are a great test.

Young , flawed QB still needs work.

This year is about changing culture, how valuable that is, and what it means going forward. That means you dont take the foot off the pedal.

Id consider, however, a few personel moves like Duke active or working in Yeldon. 

No.

All that matters is preparing for the Texans, everything else is a waste of time.