Week 17: Jets at Bills

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Do the Bills want to end the season with a 2 game losing streak???

the optics will be there 

Yeah, after going the entire year without back to back losses do they really want that as they enter the playoffs? 

At the same time I’d like to rest the starters. Hopefully the backups can pull out the W.

Edited by MDH

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

This team is not going to get a bye week like the Pats and Ravens are.....this is a great opportunity for us to manufacture a bye week and get starters needed rest and allow them to start game planning for the first game (which will be at home?)

No, the only way to get a home playoff game in the first two rounds is to win your division.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I am just being selfish here, but I would like to see as many starters as possible play at least the first half, simply because I will be at the game!

Looking at the bigger picture, I just want to see a competitive game and a win! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Have they announced if starters are playing or not? Its a hard call. Would love to see Josh get another game of experience, but one bad hit and we have Barkley starting in playoffs. 

No.  Just listened to McDermott Monday presser and he's "Doris Day"ing us: "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps"

Said that we're going to do what's best for the team.  Have to weigh improving as a team vs rest.

Said he's been through 25 playoff games (!!) and you get 2nd guessed no matter what you do. 

Emphasized several times "we have a YOUNG football team"

Said it's a chance to see if some of the guys 'are who we think they are' "if we decide to go that route"

Injuries: Ty Nsekhe, Mitch Morse, Shaq Lawson, Andre Roberts, "other guys with bumps and bruises"

On Mitch: "I'll know more later this afternoon and then tomorrow as well"

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No.  Just listened to McDermott Monday presser and he's "Doris Day"ing us: "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps"

Said that we're going to do what's best for the team.  Have to weigh improving as a team vs rest.

Said he's been through 25 playoff games (!!) and you get 2nd guessed no matter what you do. 

Emphasized several times "we have a YOUNG football team"

Said it's a chance to see if some of the guys 'are who we think they are' "if we decide to go that route"

Injuries: Ty Nsekhe, Mitch Morse, Shaq Lawson, Andre Roberts, "other guys with bumps and bruises"

On Mitch: "I'll know more later this afternoon and then tomorrow as well"

Edit: I think in his postgame presser, he said he would talk to "Brandon" about it (eg Brandon Beane).

In this presser, I didn't hear him mention Brandon once, but I did hear him mention Brian (Daboll) several times.

I sort of have the impression that the decision to sit/start might be driven by what they feel will be best for Allen's development.

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Edit: I think in his postgame presser, he said he would talk to "Brandon" about it (eg Brandon Beane).

In this presser, I didn't hear him mention Brandon once, but I did hear him mention Brian (Daboll) several times.

I sort of have the impression that the decision to sit/start might be driven by what they feel will be best for Allen's development.

He did mention Beane today 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Twitter link to Daboll presser.  Facebook not up yet:

Did anyone catch the first question Daboll was asked?  He responded "You'd have to ask Josh...he's pretty level-headed....each unique game is a little bit different and I think that would be a good question for him" but it wasn't clear what the question was (to me).

Daboll kind of made it sound as though the roster decisions as to who would play would be made by Beane and McDermott and he was just going to keep his head down and prepare a game plan.

I'm with others in wanting the Bills to sit anyone on the injury report AND play their starters for 1 - 2 quarters. 

I get there's a risk of injury but I would worry about Allen being rusty in the first half of the playoff game if he got no snaps this Sunday.  I think treating this like the 2nd preseason game seems the way to go.  

Edited by CincyBillsFan

I’d be shock if all the starters didn’t get the week off.

It would be a terrible decision to play them. 

If the bills did lose on wildcard weekend, then I doubt ANYONE would blame it on the prior weeks decision of resting the starters 

Edited by GETTOTHE50
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If nothing else I say give the offense the first quarter with starters to try to hit on plays that have been a problem. Slants, screens and deep shots. 

Neither team has anything to play for other than draft position and I'm sure both would prefer to lose if that's all that mattered. 

Still going to watch regardless of how little the game actually means. The season isn't over just because they clinched a playoff birth. 

Edited by The Wiz

9 hours ago, Mr. K said:

I would love to see that number sit around 40 every year (Passing & Rushing). The defense doesn't control the clock or put the points up. Beside that being favorites with potential back ups in play is something.

We’ll see what happens when he gets another legit outside WR but 40 total TDs is a pretty high mark for even the best in the league.