Week 17: Jets at Bills

YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

I would love to see that number sit around 40 every year (Passing & Rushing). The defense doesn't control the clock or put the points up. Beside that being favorites with potential back ups in play is something.

5 TDs is a bit much to expect 

kill it in 2020. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

In some weird way, I'm excited to see the backups in this game 

Just for Gods sake let Duke and TJ play alot. Maybe they can contribute more to this team in the playoffs then some of these other scrubs.

54 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Interested to see if Barkley can shred the Jets D again like he did in his first start last year a few days after joining the team.

I want the backups to get live reps in case they are needed to play a big role if injuries strike during a playoff game.  Would much rather have a guy coming in cold off the bench a week after he played an entire game of reps versus coming in cold when he hasn't played much all season.

In order for that to happen they have to actually be activated!

A month ago my wife decided to buy tickets to this game so that family coming into town for the holidays could all go to a game.  I warned her there was a high chance 1) the game would be meaningless and 2) the weather would suck.   She got them anyway <_<

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Have they announced if starters are playing or not? Its a hard call. Would love to see Josh get another game of experience, but one bad hit and we have Barkley starting in playoffs. 

I'm sure someone will ask McDermott about it today. Imo it'd be stupid to play any starters. They can practice like normal if they want, why risk injury in a meaningless game 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like it means nothing but if we lose then we won’t have a winning record in our division. That would suck but still meaningless. I kind of like that 11-5 vibe more than 10-6 too. 

Impossible. @Billsfan1972 told me Allen's a horrible QB. How is it possible for Beasley and Brown to be having career years?

45 minutes ago, stevewin said:

A month ago my wife decided to buy tickets to this game so that family coming into town for the holidays could all go to a game.  I warned her there was a high chance 1) the game would be meaningless and 2) the weather would suck.   She got them anyway <_<

Let me see if I'm understanding you.

You're complaining because your wife bought you Bills tickets?

<_<

Try having a woman who wants to go apple picking/shopping/looking at christmas lights/whatever whenever the Bills play.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Last home game of the year but not the last Bills game! 

So many thought this game was going to decide who got a WC when the schedule came out 

I remember we had one thread how this game was going to be historic ? !

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Barkley beat with the Jets last year with the equivalent of second string lineman and skill players.

i don’t think playing our backups is conceding victory to that team on any level. 

Bingo. Also, maybe not the worst thing to let Josh view from the sideline to get another perspective. He's still young. 

Edited by SuperBills12
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Barkley beat with the Jets last year with the equivalent of second string lineman and skill players.

i don’t think playing our backups is conceding victory to that team on any level. 

Well, they did play McCown (I think - some bad player not named Darnold, anyway) that week, and Darnold has been decent in most games this year accounting for mono and BB. 

9 minutes ago, arcane said:

Well, they did play McCown (I think - some bad player not named Darnold, anyway) that week, and Darnold has been decent in most games this year accounting for mono and BB. 

Darnold started the game but got hurt ... well at least I thought that but checking the box score he didn’t throw a pass 

Edited by YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

If we lose does it help our draft spot, if so there is no reason to try and win this game... seed in playoffs is locked up, injury concerns and draft order is benefitted by losing 

By this logic, we should have lost against Miami last year. There's something to be said for momentum and confidence heading into the play offs. Also, how well has buffalo done with extra rest? Not great. Give rest to some who are hurting, but play the rest and play to win. 11-5. let's go!

• Like (+1) 1