Matt Milano saturday night

dbfla10

My overall point is that Milano's poor play in a playoff like atmosphere, is an area of concern heading into the playoffs... This is just from what I saw on TV. Looking at coaches film makes me think he probably played much worse. 

9 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Thing that gets overlooked by critics of the Bills is the youth on this team that plays regularly.

Bunch of kids playing on a 10-5 team is a promising future.

I technically think the Bills are like the 5 or 6 oldest team in the league. I could be wrong but thought I heard that.

I not saying that this is all of the reason for the poor tackling but they were just not aggressive as a whole on defense!! Even the scheme! They rarely blitzed extra defenders and seem to feel that they could cover the Pats enough to keep Brady from completions. I think it set the tone for the way that they played! We are not the biggest defense so you better come and play an attacking style or you are going to get run thru or over!!

38 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

I think our LBs are talented albeit a bit raw. I wouldn’t pay Milano elite money under any circumstances though. Milano is smart, but slow and undersized. Definitely a bit overrated. I’m underwhelmed by our LBs. Edmunds will be great but as for the rest of em, I couldn’t careless.

Milano was stride for stride with White in coverage on a wheel route in Pats#1 and make a great defensive play to break up the pass.

Slow is a really bad take.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dbfla10 said:

Did any one else notice how bad Milano played Saturday night. He was ran thru by Sony Michelle on several occasions, as well just simply missed some tackles. I think Bills fans overrate him a little. Guys in that position cant have that bad of a game if you expect to win in the playoffs. 

Yeah, this is one of the dumbest takes yet.  Congrats

21 minutes ago, Bring it said:

I not saying that this is all of the reason for the poor tackling but they were just not aggressive as a whole on defense!! Even the scheme! They rarely blitzed extra defenders and seem to feel that they could cover the Pats enough to keep Brady from completions. I think it set the tone for the way that they played! We are not the biggest defense so you better come and play an attacking style or you are going to get run thru or over!!

Jesus dude, they blitzed 13 times and we're beat 13 times.  Stop making ***** up and do some research

25 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

I technically think the Bills are like the 5 or 6 oldest team in the league. I could be wrong but thought I heard that.

My mistake. The black and white on an internet fact spewing page knows better.

Yeah, Allen, Singletary, White, Edmunds, Milano, Dawkins and others, besides all those under contract for 2-4 years now contributing are just perfunctory types.

45 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Thing that gets overlooked by critics of the Bills is the youth on this team that plays regularly.

Bunch of kids playing on a 10-5 team is a promising future.

My favorite post of the week. Good point. If our guys can stay healthy, and we can get them re-signed, we are built to win over the long term. Should be very interesting in a couple of years when all these young kids start entering their prime.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Yeah, this is one of the dumbest takes yet.  Congrats

Jesus dude, they blitzed 13 times and we're beat 13 times.  Stop making ***** up and do some research

No I didn’t actually count the number of times that they brought more than 4 down linemen but I definitely could see the difference in aggressiveness on defense. The time of possession was heavily in New England’s favor so that could explain why as far as just being gassed in the 4th quarter? But it was nothing like the past 3 or 4 games. 

Everyone on D was bad.

Our LBs couldn't tackle and where out of position. 

Our safeties missed assignments and just bounced off runners.

Wallace and Johnson were well,.....the usual Wallace and Johnson.

Outside of maybe a little confidence this game meant nothing as far as position. Get ready and healthy for Houston. Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1

Did any one else notice how bad Milano played Saturday night. He was ran thru by Sony Michelle on several occasions, as well just simply missed some tackles. I think Bills fans overrate him a little. Guys in that position cant have that bad of a game if you expect to win in the playoffs. 

No way he is overrated he had a bad night as did the entire defense. Everyone was missing tackles and not covering their lanes. 

I do think though the defense is tired at this point considering the amount of big games they've had the last few weeks and work they've had to do. Additionally Milano has been a step back this year at points compared to last year. I think part of that is just him recovering from his injury and even though there may be no risk, I think he has been slightly behind and you will see a better Milano next year.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

My overall point is that Milano's poor play in a playoff like atmosphere, is an area of concern heading into the playoffs... This is just from what I saw on TV. Looking at coaches film makes me think he probably played much worse. 

If it was only Milano who had a bad game we wouldn’t have allowed 148 rushing yards and over 400 total yards of offense , Milano had a bad game BUT there’s more blame to go around then just pointing to Milano!! 

Edited by Putin

Three things to think about. ONE-Hyde - TWO-Ingram/Jackson - THREE- Michel, White, and Burkhead. He best get some rest.

2 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

I don't believe that is the case at all, I believe we are one of the youngest teams in the league, but I'd have to look it up to be sure.

I stand corrected. 7th oldest out of 32. https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl-teams-age-after-53-man-cutdowns-2019-edition/

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

As to the comments about the Bills being a young team or not, the statistics may indicate otherwise, but the Bills are a young team.  They have young players starting in a number of key positions, such as QB, RB, 2 of 3 LBs, all starting CBs (2 outside and slot), RT.  Older vets like Gore bring up the average age.  

As to Milano, he and the entire Bills D had a poor game on Saturday.  He's a valuable player who uses his speed in coverage and to go sideline-to-sideline against the run.  He played the "viper" position in college at BC, which is a hybrid safety/LB role in Don Brown's defense (the same role that Jabril Peppers played at Michigan).  40-time aside, he plays fast and speed is part of his game.  He's an integral part of our defense and will be for years to come.  Objectively, our LB's, including Milano, are not thumpers and sometimes struggle against teams that can execute a power running game.