2020 Buffalo Bills Opponents

Mark Vader

18 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I know the specific opponents based on this year's record are almost completely determined, but how do they determine which games are at home or away.

I believe they try to rotate them from the previous matchup, but it’s not set in stone. Sometimes the rest of the league schedule doesn’t allow for it. We did have SF at home and SEA and Rams away last time fwiw. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I know the specific opponents based on this year's record are almost completely determined, but how do they determine which games are at home or away.

They determined it in 2002 that we would play home against the AFC North opponent in 2020.  It's just a rotating schedule.  We'll play an away game against our AFC North opponent in 2021 and then a home game again in 2023.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Not to be a party pooper, but I hear every season this schedule is really tough and this one is really easy. It sure doesn't seem to pan out that way given the nature of the game. If you are interested in going to see a particular game or team I get it. As far as predictive for playoffs etc. I don't see it.

I just don't agree. I think it pretty much does play out. There is always the odd game - Pittsburgh this year being one with the Big Ben injury - that ends up very different, but generally I think the schedules play out as they look. I have not been more than 1 game out forecasting a Bills season W-L total in the 6 years I have been posting here and I won't be this season either having said 10-6. If you watch enough of the rest of the league you can generally forecast who the good teams are. An example on next year's schedule is don't count out the Arizona Cardinals. That, on the road, is going to be a really tough game. They are a 5 win team that could easily have won 8 games this year. The NFC West is probably the deepest division in football at the moment. None of those games are ones I can sit here at the moment and say are definite wins.

Another interesting comparison on that Bills schedule compared to this is that next year it is very possible there will be no 1st year coaches. Anthony Lynn is probably the one in most strife but I expect he will be back. This season the Bills have played 7 games against teams with Head Coaches in their first year in the job and 1 game against an interim HC. 

18 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

it’s tougher because of the better division being played and with 10 wins the tougher teams compared to the bottom dwellers. 

Yup 

It’s amazing how the loudest front running bandwagon fans don’t know this.....

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The West coast trips might be the most difficult thing about this schedule. 

does it have a kinda proven effect on the visiting team, like baseball clearly has?

On 12/23/2019 at 1:25 AM, Real McNasty said:

Will be tough!

Please stop with this nonsense.  It is impossible to know how "tough" it will be at this stage before the offseason, the draft, training camp and injuries leading up to the game. Everyone every year says how "tough" next years schedule will be and this year we ended up with one of the easiest schedules in the league. Last year at this time we were being told how "tough" our schedule was for this season.

There is almost ZERO correlation between teams records from year to year so trying to project to the following year based on this years records is a fools errand.

Edited by matter2003

19 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Games in AZ, San Fran, Denver, Las Vegas..... long road trips! 

The real tough games games are home games for sure!

I'm looking forward to the west trips. I'll be attending a couple of those games.

I will be working with others in organizing a great gathering in Santa Clara for the 49'ers game. I hope that many Bills fans will be coming out here for that game.

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

3 mountain 1 west coast.  
I think only Denver recognizes DST so it’s a 2 hour shift not 3 

I believe that Las Vegas goes by Pacific time instead of Mountain time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

How are you guessing home for Pitt and away for Colts/Titans?  The other fourteen games are locked in, I know.  But those two, drawn from the second place teams of the AFC divisions we're not playing don't follow the same pattern of alternating home/away.

Ive seen multiple sources online, thats state AFC north opponent is a home game. And AFC south is away. I dont know the links off hand tho. Googling "NFL schedule rotations 2020" should help you do your own research

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

How are you guessing home for Pitt and away for Colts/Titans?  The other fourteen games are locked in, I know.  But those two, drawn from the second place teams of the AFC divisions we're not playing don't follow the same pattern of alternating home/away.

I don't know how the rotation works in regards to the strength of schedule games.

Here is a look at the future schedules, perhaps this will help.

https://fbschedules.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/

• Like (+1) 1