Will Allen run more in the Playoffs?

SCBills

I’m fully behind us limiting his non-red zone runs in the regular season, but given our mediocre offense around him, do we think there may be more designed runs/read option in the running game, as opposed to straight shotgun handoff runs? 

If teams have to spy, and respect the deep ball, that’s a lot of field to be worried about for a defense. 

Edited by SCBills

He should. And I don’t mean that awful QB sweep that Daboll can’t get out of his head. They need to spread things out and have Allen take off if the throw isn’t there. A few options as well. This team isn’t good enough running the ball to not use Allen’s mobility and use it a lot. It’s win or go home, so they need to coach with that mindset. 

• Like (+1) 1

It seems like the coaching staff puts the handcuffs on his running until the 4th quarter.  Hard to say it’s been a bad idea when we’re 10-5 and he’s still healthy.  

I’m really hoping they just let him be Josh Allen for 100% of the game come playoffs.  It might be scary at times, but I think we’ll be putting up more points 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Florio seems to think the Bills are saving this for the playoffs. I disagree. He and Simms say the Bills will "unleash" Allen as a runner, but I really don't look for that to happen.

I can actually see this staff thinking ahead and operating like that. They obviously realize the limitations on O. I can see them holding back some of the playbook for sure

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Florio seems to think the Bills are saving this for the playoffs. I disagree. He and Simms say the Bills will "unleash" Allen as a runner, but I really don't look for that to happen.

I don't think he's much of a runner.  Not terribly elusive, just a straight ahead runner.   NFL safeties and LBs will eventually  kill him and turn him over until they do.   Good change of pace guy like the guy in Philly, not much more.  

34 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

I don't think he's much of a runner.  Not terribly elusive, just a straight ahead runner.   NFL safeties and LBs will eventually  kill him and turn him over until they do.   Good change of pace guy like the guy in Philly, not much more.  

He’s not a straight ahead runner.  Allen has got juke to his game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s almost a misconception is more likely to be hurt when he runs as he has been improving with sliding, running out of bounds etc, and his two injuries were from the pocket holding onto the ball.

you have to be kidding

needlessly taking a dozen extra hits a game adds up and one day the player crumbles like dust

• Thank you (+1) 1