If you could swap QBs with any team right now

Max Fischer

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

No one....I wouldn't swap Josh Allen for anyone. He has not even reached close to his potential. EVERYBODY knew he was going to take time to develop - and HE HAS!! His growth is truly remarkable from last year to this one and he's still growing. He could be one of the greatest QBs of our generation as long as he continues to grow. His ceiling has yet to be established and the team is winning. IF and it's a big IF, he grows by the same remarkable increment next year as he did this year - I think you see a tremendous and uncanny resemble to Drew Brees' third year with Favre like arm talent. In other words: accurate and tremendously powerful and smart. I think of Aaron Rodgers but with a better demeanor and attitude who loves Buffalo and is actually a tick better because Brees maximizes his ability through intelligence and touch. 

What? 

The Bills would immediately be in the Super Bowl conversation with the below QB's. All of those those guys have at leasy 2-4 years of tread on the tires. You would rather gamble that Allen MIGHT put the Bills in the Super Bowl conversation 3 years from now, than take being very serious Super Bowl contenders for the next 2-4 years? 

Russel Wilson

Patrick Mahomes

Deshaun Watson

Aaron Rodgers

Drew Brees

Ryan Tannehill (the way he has played this year)

Kirk Cousins

Matt Ryan

Jimmy G. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mango said:

What? 

The Bills would immediately be in the Super Bowl conversation with the below QB's. All of those those guys have at leasy 2-4 years of tread on the tires. You would rather gamble that Allen MIGHT put the Bills in the Super Bowl conversation 3 years from now, than take being very serious Super Bowl contenders for the next 2-4 years? 

Russel Wilson

Patrick Mahomes

Deshaun Watson

Aaron Rodgers

Drew Brees

Ryan Tannehill (the way he has played this year)

Kirk Cousins

Matt Ryan

Jimmy G. 

I disagree with the premise of your argument in that any of those QBs could do more with what the Bills have presently. I think Josh’s year has been a microcosm of the team as a whole: young and developing both experience and chemistry to work together on Offense. I think the team gets better as Josh also grows in his talent and experience. In other words even with the above named QBs I do not think the Bills are a serious Super Bowl team. I do think with a 3rd yr for Allen and getting a few more jet players the Offense becomes Super Bowl caliber and the Defense gets incrementally better. 

However, I respect the difference of opinion. I just think that Josh and the team improve in a parallel process until they have equally gotten to a place where they are true champions.

Edit: fat finger-itis, “jet” should be “better”...

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ALF said:

In hindsight what impresses me about Marrone was he knew right away EJ was not a NFL starter. That was a big disagreement between him and Whaley.  

Yeah, Marrone gave a raw qb the framing Syracuse OC as both his rookie year OC and Qb coach.  I’m not a huge Daboll fan but he at least coached in the NFL and was around Brady. Marrone is a fraud.

and there is no way to respond this thread without being called a hater. But there are some major homer takes here.  But we’re winning so it’s fun to see how this plays out. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

QBs I'd rather have for the remainder of this season: (in no order)
Stafford, Mahomes, Ryan, Brees, Wilson, Watson, Brady, Cousins, Rodgers, Garoppolo, Tannehill?, Jackson

Qbs I'd rather have for the next 3 years.

Mahomes, Wilson, Watson, Rodgers, Jackson, Murray?

Qbs I'd rather have for the next decade:
Mahomes, Wilson, Watson, Murray(?)

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, Marrone gave a raw qb the framing Syracuse OC as both his rookie year OC and Qb coach.  I’m not a huge Daboll fan but he at least coached in the NFL and was around Brady. Marrone is a fraud.

and there is no way to respond this thread without being called a hater. But there are some major homer takes here.  But we’re winning so it’s fun to see how this plays out. 

Someone bought an EJ jersey at full price. 

Just change the name plate and number bro.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Someone bought an EJ jersey at full price. 

Just change the name plate and number bro.

Haha, I only own a Andre Reed Jersey.  Feel weird buying jerseys of guys younger than me (sadly, that’s like every player now) plus the Bills just get rid of them after a couple years anyways.

and EJ probably wasn’t good enough but their development plan was awful with him. I worried that we were going down the same route last year with Allen but they have done a solid job this year.

1. Breese

2. Rodgers 

and that’s it. 

my favorite play this year was Rodgers long no look pass for a TD ... yep screw MaJokes can’t freaking stand that kid.