If you could swap QBs with any team right now

Max Fischer

58 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Maybe, but I don't believe he's clearly better than Josh Allen. 

Will he be? I don’t know. Maybe. Hopefully. 

Is Watson better than Josh today...absolutely and it’s not close 

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

I think a helpful way to evaluate Josh Allen, his progress to date and his potential for the next few years is to determine which QBs you would swap for right now. 

My list:

1. Mahomes

2. Lamar Jackson

3. Russell Wilson

That's probably it.  Yes, Brady, Brees and Rodgers are great but they are 42, 40 and 36.  With Josh, I believe the Bills are in a pretty good spot at QB. He "might" not get any better but over the past two season there is a lot of evidence he will continue to improve. No idea if he will lead the Bills to a Super Bowl over the next three years but I like our chances with Josh than any other QB but the three above. 

Wishing for something you can’t have.....is....actually.....not helpful

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

At this current junction, Watson is clearly better than Josh....but him and the 3 you mentioned in the OP are probably it....I think the jury is still out on K Murray....but I wouldn't swap with Arizona at this point....

I think "clearly" is certainly debatable.  

4 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Wishing for something you can’t have.....is....actually.....not helpful

Of course it is, it helps level set all the bitching.  

1 hour ago, Watkins101 said:

At this point in time, Watson has to be on that list- he has shown the ability to completely take over and dominate a game against good defenses.

huh?

Against Baltimore and Denver he racked up 1 TD and 3 INTs.  In his last 3 games: 3 TDs 5 INTs.  5 games this year with zero TDs.

You can have him.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

huh?

Against Baltimore and Denver he racked up 1 TD and 3 INTs.  In his last 3 games: 3 TDs 5 INTs.  5 games this year with zero TDs.

You can have him.

SO his career is summed up in 3 games? How about 9000 all purpose yards the last 2 seasons, a 21-10 record  with a 68 completion percentage.

Ohh, and playoffs 2years in a row as full time starter. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

I think "clearly" is certainly debatable.  

Of course it is, it helps level set all the bitching.  

"Clearly" might be too strong of a word....but the question was whether or not we would swap QBs...Watson might not be " clearly" better, but he's certainly slightly better...therefore, I would make that trade in a second !

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

I think a helpful way to evaluate Josh Allen, his progress to date and his potential for the next few years is to determine which QBs you would swap for right now. 

My list:

1. Mahomes

2. Lamar Jackson

3. Russell Wilson

That's probably it.  Yes, Brady, Brees and Rodgers are great but they are 42, 40 and 36.  With Josh, I believe the Bills are in a pretty good spot at QB. He "might" not get any better but over the past two season there is a lot of evidence he will continue to improve. No idea if he will lead the Bills to a Super Bowl over the next three years but I like our chances with Josh than any other QB but the three above. 

I would swap Lamar with Watson.  Unless everything Lamar has is coming with him, I don't see him doing so well here.  There are other guys I would take in their prime but not now at the end of their careers.  Otherwise, there aren't really any QBs I can think of that I would trade Allen for right now.

2 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

My list:

1. Mahomes

2. Lamar Jackson

3. Russell Wilson

That’s insane 

51 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

My list is short:

Mahomes

Wilson

That's it

That’s even more insane

23 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Mahomes.

And yet more insane.

The homers are really out in this thread. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Pretty much only Watson here as well. 

41 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

SO his career is summed up in 3 games? How about 9000 all purpose yards the last 2 seasons, a 21-10 record  with a 68 completion percentage.

Ohh, and playoffs 2years in a row as full time starter. 

Call it a trajectory.  I mentioned this season re: 5 games zero TDs and poor showing vs top Ds.

You would take him "only" over Mahomes and Wilson??  

Like I said, you can have him

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Call it a trajectory.  I mentioned this season re: 5 games zero TDs and poor showing vs top Ds.

You would take him "only" over Mahomes and Wilson??  

Like I said, you can have him

WIlson is a baller. I didn't pop him up just based off age. I look at Mahomes as if he played with us now under the same conditions.  I honestly don't believe he'd be playing better than Allen is here now. I also, think Allen has a higher ceiling overall. 

Houston is a an odd team no doubt. I hope the bad Texans show up when we (most likely) play them in the WC playoffs game in a couple weeks. 

I don't want to see the Texans team that beat the Chiefs and Pats this year. 

Either way I still take Watson all day. If the Texans actually give this dude a a good oline sky is the limit for him. He's been sacked 106 times in 2 years there.