There is one primary reason we lost this game

foreboding

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Oh man. There is ONE primary reason we lost.  The Pats scored more points than us.  

if this......bs

if that......:bs

bs, bs, bs.

its a team game and there are many reasons that we lost.  There is ONE primary reason.  We were outscored.

The defense gave up too many points

The offense didn’t score enough points.  

the refs screwed us.

the defense failed us!!!

yeah, but the defense failed us because the offense couldn’t move the ball effectively which led to the defense being on the field for 31+ mins.

this is so nauseating 

All the defense had to do was stop them on the first set of downs each series and our offense could have had more opportunities. 75 yard drive from the one is ridiculous. Make a stop get off the field. I know nauseating....

Edited by Meatloaf63

37 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

All the defense had to do was stop them on the first set of downs each series and our offense could have had more opportunities. 75 yard drive from the one is ridiculous. Make a stop get off the field. I know nauseating....

IF Josh allen completes that pass to Knox on 2nd down on the final drive......  You can say the same thing about almost every big play in the game.  

if this....

if that.....

it’s a combination of all things.

We lost because our defense forgot how to do the most basic thing in football.... Tackle. They really need to clean that BS up. It's been an issue all year... Idk of it's bc they're small fast guys or whatever but they have a tackling problem and I hope McDermott and Frazier get after them about it this week...

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, NewEra said:

IF Josh allen completes that pass to Knox on 2nd down on the final drive......  You can say the same thing about almost every big play in the game.  

if this....

if that.....

it’s a combination of all things.

My response was to the thought it was the offenses fault the defense was tired and on the field too long, they controlled that by not getting their job done.

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Tackling or lack there of HAD A HUGE role 

Overall poor defensive performance is where it begins for me. Josh was off in the first half too. But we needed one of two stops at the end and couldn't get it. The Pats matched up and down the field at will.

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

This is stupid.

he did enough to win. Not perfect at all, but the blame falls on the defense before it falls on Allen. 

Is 17 points enough to beat a Super Bowl Champion?  I don’t think it is.  A lot of blame goes to the defense and a lot goes to Allen

2 hours ago, GrizzReaper said:

We lost because our defense forgot how to do the most basic thing in football.... Tackle. They really need to clean that BS up. It's been an issue all year... Idk of it's bc they're small fast guys or whatever but they have a tackling problem and I hope McDermott and Frazier get after them about it this week...

And we lost because our offense couldn’t score more than 17 pts 

It came down to what it always comes down to: Patriots don't make mistakes.  If you make mistakes against them, you lose.  And this year's offense has a sandlot element to it, where they, if not embrace mistakes, at least accept them as opportunities for Josh Allen to improvise big plays.  That'll beat a lot of teams, but not the Pats.

Plus...it doesn't hurt to pay off the officials.  It was pretty funny that the ref had to admonish the timeskeepers that the clock stops on the visiting team's incompletions. 

5 hours ago, Chicharito said:

A lot of people throwing everything on the defensive side for this lose! How many more games does this unit have hand the offense the game? Yes it’s a team game but one unit has been absolutely the best the other is terrible. Let’s not forget what our bread and butter has been and that’s the D! The D is tired.

Cry me a river.  D doesn’t want to get tired, they should Cowboy up so to speak and get their butts off the field instead of being frog-marched backwards for 2 long drives in the first half

5 hours ago, RiotAct said:

25% Josh not making the throws he should have

15% refs letting blatant holding go on the Pats’ offensive line seemingly every play

60% our defense forgetting the fundamentals and once again giving Brady wayyyyy too much respect.

Lots of missed tackles, lots of them 

29 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Is 17 points enough to beat a Super Bowl Champion?  I don’t think it is.  A lot of blame goes to the defense and a lot goes to Allen

And we lost because our offense couldn’t score more than 17 pts 

Yes. It is. It said SB champion scores 16. Like they did last time. When the defense played well. 

6 hours ago, RiotAct said:

25% Josh not making the throws he should have

15% refs letting blatant holding go on the Pats’ offensive line seemingly every play

60% our defense forgetting the fundamentals and once again giving Brady wayyyyy too much respect.

Got to give our rushing game some of those percentage points. Ignoring Allen's rushing yards we racked up less than 50 yards yards for the game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

This is stupid.

he did enough to win. Not perfect at all, but the blame falls on the defense before it falls on Allen. 

i dont know about this. I think we have become accustomed to our D shutting down opposing teams while we muddle enough O to win. they were out there a huge amount of time.. you 3 n out a ton against the pats..points will be scored. not to mention the D provided a very short field and 3 points for us.

at what point can we ask the O to bail out the D. sustain drives to give them a rest. tackling was definitely a issue but there were plenty of opportunities to put this game out of reach that the offense simply didnt execute. hit the recievers that were wide open and we win the game.

Allen did not win the game singled highhandedly.  This does not mean he lost the game.  The team ran for 49 yards (without Allen) and the defense could not get off the field.  Allen had no turnovers, 2 TDS and a 103 QB rating yesterday. He did his part. 

• Like (+1) 2