There is one primary reason we lost this game

foreboding

When Josh making those 5 to 6 easy throws per game that are possible game changers we wont lose much.

I know we are all bitching about the coaching etc, but the coaches did put us in a position to win. As many have said, I too would have liked to see more creative blitzes etc, but what do we know?

For the record I am 100% in support of our QB.

There were several times in this game and the Ravens game that Josh could have changed the whole vibe and he will get there, but he is young.

The good news is that he does enough other things well. Including the one thing you cannot teach, heart (see the 4th and X sneaks). We can win with JA; when he gets the consistent touch on his throws, this team will be with the top 4 teams for a decade.

I also like the fact that he owns it and seems to know he has to get better. I think he will.

• Like (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, foreboding said:

When Josh making those 5 to 6 easy throws per game that are possible game changers we wont lose much.

I know we are all bitching about the coaching etc, but the coaches did put us in a position to win. As many have said, I too would have liked to see more creative blitzes etc, but what do we know?

There were several times in this game and the Ravens game that Josh could have changed the whole vibe and he will get there, but he is young.

The good news is that he does enough other things well. Including the one thing you cannot teach, heart (see the 4th and X sneaks). We can win with JA; when he gets the consistent touch on his throws, this team will be with the top 4 teams for a decade.

I also like the fact that he owns it and seems to know he has to get better. I think he will.

This is stupid.

he did enough to win. Not perfect at all, but the blame falls on the defense before it falls on Allen. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

After sleeping on it, this was a game of little advantages. Our D needed to be a little better, our O a little better, the refs a little better, etc. 

There were many things that led to a loss and changing just one of them might have changed the outcome. This appears to be the final step of overtaking the Patriots. Beating them or at least matching up with them on the little things. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, foreboding said:

Honest question: what did the coaching staff do to put the team in a position to win?

• Like (+1) 5

29 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

He is not the primary reason they lost the game. There is enough blame to go around. It is a team sport....

Exactly.  There is no ‘primary’ reason, there are a bunch of them.  In no particular order, they lost because:

-Josh misses throws he needs to make

-Daboll insisting on running for no gain on first down every series in the second half after NE adjusted to stop it.

-Bad tackling all over the field

-Defensive game plan that ignored 20 years of history in how you beat Brady.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

25% Josh not making the throws he should have

15% refs letting blatant holding go on the Pats’ offensive line seemingly every play

60% our defense forgetting the fundamentals and once again giving Brady wayyyyy too much respect.

Agreed.....the whole game, I was yelling at the television.....SO WHY IS BRADY STILL STANDING? Nothing on the line as far as the game goes......Patriots are 1st and goal......B word slap Brady.....What is the penalty?.....Half the distance......screw it....smash  (and I quote Warner "the great Tom Brady")!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Honest question: what did the coaching staff do to put the team in a position to win?

They did draw up a play on second and goal that had Allen protected and Knox with plenty of separation in end zone.

Edited by Cruiserplayer
  • Haha (+1) 1

A lot of people throwing everything on the defensive side for this lose! How many more games does this unit have hand the offense the game? Yes it’s a team game but one unit has been absolutely the best the other is terrible. Let’s not forget what our bread and butter has been and that’s the D! The D is tired.

6 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

They did draw up a play on second and goal that had Allen protected and Knox with plenty of separation in end zone.

Indeed...and that's the point. The one example that we can point to occurs on the final drive...when they need to score and Allen is no longer being asked to manage the game.

These guys need to get out of this kid's way if they want any chance of winning in the playoffs 

3 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

A lot of people throwing everything on the defensive side for this lose! How many more games does this unit have hand the offense the game? Yes it’s a team game but one unit has been absolutely the best the other is terrible. Let’s not forget what our bread and butter has been and that’s the D! The D is tired.

The D has kept them in games, but the D should not be getting all of the credit for wins. They have scored zero points.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

After sleeping on it, this was a game of little advantages. Our D needed to be a little better, our O a little better, the refs a little better, etc. 

There were many things that led to a loss and changing just one of them might have changed the outcome. This appears to be the final step of overtaking the Patriots. Beating them or at least matching up with them on the little things. 

So true. I know it happens every game, but there were so many plays where our Defense was one step too late, or they jumped to block a pass and missed it by a fraction.  We have to get that incremental amount better and we will win these tight games.

Oh man. There is ONE primary reason we lost.  The Pats scored more points than us.  

if this......bs

if that......:bs

bs, bs, bs.

its a team game and there are many reasons that we lost.  There is ONE primary reason.  We were outscored.

The defense gave up too many points

The offense didn’t score enough points.  

the refs screwed us.

the defense failed us!!!

yeah, but the defense failed us because the offense couldn’t move the ball effectively which led to the defense being on the field for 31+ mins.

this is so nauseating 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Indeed...and that's the point. The one example that we can point to occurs on the final drive...when they need to score and Allen is no longer being asked to manage the game.

These guys need to get out of this kid's way if they want any chance of winning in the playoffs 

The D has kept them in games, but the D should not be getting all of the credit for wins. They have scored zero points.

One of the major reasons you take the restraints off Josh now is because the defense is so good for the most part. He makes mistakes and they can bail him out. To me if you let Josh be Josh we score 7-10 more a game and give up 3-7 more a game. That could be a couple wins. There is no way of knowing that for sure of course. But he's clearly being held back. 

Sorry this game was lost by the lack of piss poor tackling ALL game. They even make half of those tackles and it’s a completely different game. LB and secondary had huge missed tackles. 

IMO, the offense did enough to win the game. Not sure why we ran such a conservative defensive scheme. 

At the end of the day, it’s a team lost and the seasoned more experienced team made a few extra plays against a younger upstart team. 

Half glass full, Bills went toe to toe with the Ravens and Patriots. I wanted this game as much as anyone else but in year 3, they should finish 11-5 and secured a playoff spot in week 16. That is SIGNIFICANT progress. Now go beat the Texans!

Future looks bright!

• Awesome! (+1) 1