Jalen Ramsey loses the game and throws Rapp under the Bus

wppete

14 hours ago, zonabb said:

I root for the Bills and against garbage pplayers, teams, and greedy owners. So I am currently celebrating:

1. Ramsey's exit from the playoffs after he acted like a complete ahole intentionally to get traded. Can't win with me guys.

5. Watching Le'Veon Bell take a monster step backwards after greedily sitting out a season to come back and sign a deal with the Jets, the freaking Jets. Can't win with greedy guys who sign contracts they refuse to honor. Enjoy the millions and the end of your chance at a Hall of Fame career.

1) what was  your reaction and thoughts on the Jacksonville/ NFLPA stuff and Coughlin getting fired? He was treated like a piece of property by Couglin, Couglin was fired as a result of his behavior. Hate on Ramsey for plenty of things, refusing to play for that neandrathal is not one of them. 

2) why is Bell greedy and the owners not? Never understood this line of reasoning. Don’t suppose you give your employer 50% of your salary back to redistribute to the other employees, or even better just keep it to make sure the bottom line looks better. You can argue all day long that no running back should be paid like that( which I agree with), but that’s a different argument. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

1) what was  your reaction and thoughts on the Jacksonville/ NFLPA stuff and Coughlin getting fired? He was treated like a piece of property by Couglin, Couglin was fired as a result of his behavior. Hate on Ramsey for plenty of things, refusing to play for that neandrathal is not one of them. 

2) why is Bell greedy and the owners not? Never understood this line of reasoning. Don’t suppose you give your employer 50% of your salary back to redistribute to the other employees, or even better just keep it to make sure the bottom line looks better. You can argue all day long that no running back should be paid like that( which I agree with), but that’s a different argument. 

Bell was an idiot because he was offered an amazing deal by the team that helped him get those numbers. I’ll never understand these selfish dummies who think they can be on any team and they will magically put up the same stats. If bell had been with the bengals the past couple of years he wouldn’t have done ***** and hence wouldn’t have gotten a good contract. I’ll never understand splitting hairs with the contract stuff just to say you are technically getting more and go to a team that will make you irrelevant. 

Whats his next contract going to look like? And he missed a year and still didn’t get the numbers he was originally looking for. Straight up stupid if you ask me. 

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Bell was an idiot because he was offered an amazing deal by the team that helped him get those numbers. I’ll never understand these selfish dummies who think they can be on any team and they will magically put up the same stats. If bell had been with the bengals the past couple of years he wouldn’t have done ***** and hence wouldn’t have gotten a good contract. I’ll never understand splitting hairs with the contract stuff just to say you are technically getting more and go to a team that will make you irrelevant. 

Whats his next contract going to look like? And he missed a year and still didn’t get the numbers he was originally looking for. Straight up stupid if you ask me. 

Stupid is one thing ( which i do not agree  Bell was stupid), greedy it is not.

Just for the record, the Steelers offer was higher per year, but only $10M guaranteed. $32M guaranteed on his Jet contract. Smart any way you look at it.

And forget his next contract, he can rush for 2000 yds two years in a row, he is not getting much of anything as a 31 year old RB in the NFL.

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I think he set the narrative for his departure. He complained a lot during his time here and raved with excitement about returning home to LA. He’s a very good WR, but if he hated it here before, there’s no reason to think that would change if he returned via FA. jmo.

I believe that to be true, with regards to Los Angeles.

I think he only would have stayed if the Bills gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

7 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Well I, for one, sang his praises. Really miss Bob.

As did I. Like I posted earlier, Woods was one of my wishes for that year's draft.

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I don’t recall that.

I know there was the whole bob woods is effing crazy schtick- but I remember him as Generally respected and liked.  

Maybe there was one one or two times he was visibly frustrated while Ej was stinking it up?

i didn’t blame anyone who wanted out of the last few regimes, hell as fans we all did. 

fwiw, imo his precision intermediate routes and great hands would pair well with josh 

Believe me, I wish we still had him too.

He was with the Bills during a very rough time. His last season with us was the first year of Tyrod Taylor at QB, when things got a bit more exciting on offense. So I'm not surprised that he left.

I don't know what the Bills cap situation at the time was, so maybe bringing him back was just impossible for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I believe that to be true, with regards to Los Angeles.

I think he only would have stayed if the Bills gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

As did I. Like I posted earlier, Woods was one of my wishes for that year's draft.

Believe me, I wish we still had him too.

He was with the Bills during a very rough time. His last season with us was the first year of Tyrod Taylor at QB, when things got a bit more exciting on offense. So I'm not surprised that he left.

I don't know what the Bills cap situation at the time was, so maybe bringing him back was just impossible for the Bills.

I think Whaley’s thought process was can’t afford to pay him and Sammy coming soon. 

Best laid plans of men and mice. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/22/2019 at 2:23 PM, Buddo said:

I always wanted to keep Woods. Played, hurt, played hard, and even after just a few years in the NFL, was a good receiver. I'd love to have him back in a heartbeat.

It wasn't even as though he got big money when he moved, but iirc, we were somewhat cash strapped early on in FA that year.  I think he got about $7 million a year, which is very good value.

Like a poster said above, Woods wanted to go back to the West Coast, IMO I don’t think we could have resigned Woods for any amount.  I also think the Bills had too much uncertainty at the time (aka. Dumpster Fire) when he didn’t resigned.

Even if the Bills wanted to resign Woods that offseason, it was an offseason, where the WR  average annual price in WRs jumped quite a bit.  I think that offseason #2 and #3 WR money almost doubled.

In closing, it was bad timing with our rebuild, inflation in the NFL with the cap and Woods didn’t want to be here.

I wish Woods well, I think he is a great professional and balanced WR and Bob Woods is F’ing crazy!

On 12/23/2019 at 5:52 AM, Hellcamino said:

Thats pretty accurate in my opinion.

The only real complaint that I recall around here was how he seemed incapable of catching a pass without going to the ground, even if he was wide open and it was a good throw. Missed out on a lot of YAC. He seemed to get over that with the Rams.

He hardly had lots of balls to catch with yac. He was usually diving or going low because he had too

When he caught a ball with a chance to run he usually took full advantage and broke tackles. He was great after the catch