Is There a Chance McD Threw the Game Yesterday?

Irv

2 hours ago, Irv said:

A lot of talk about a plane Jane gameplay.  Is there a chance McD put in a very basic game plan to not show his hat because he knows NE won't lose to Miami, the AFC East title was not going to happen, and he thinks we will play the Pats in the playoffs?  

Sincerely,

I Need to Get a Life.  

..that ship sailed EONS ago.....

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Definitely not throw the game and I have a hard time believing they wouldn't go all out to win but on the surface it seemed like they were holding back at least from a scheme point of view.  The pass rush packages were definitely Vanilla.   

With that said, I just think their offense  out schemed and executed against the Bills defense.

Wasn’t much scheming going on with the Pats* O yesterday, either. Just old school big boy football. The talking heads are drooling over how they threw an LB in to play FB. Big deal; same body type. Their most exotic scheme facet was the play action pass, which the Bills bit on more than the cameraman. Then they tried some blatant cheating out of pure desperation with pick plays, which amazingly were flagged by the incompetent officiating crew. 

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The only thing he needed to throw was the red challenge flag

Are you referring to the 4th down spot ? Good luck; those just don’t get overturned. Even BB lost that vs KC a couple weeks back. I was actually amazed Belly threw it, but he does strange things when faced with a likely loss. 

49 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The only thing he needed to throw was the red challenge flag

36 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Are you referring to the 4th down spot ? Good luck; those just don’t get overturned.

It's good that he didn't throw it on that one - we'd have lost a TO, and that last TO allowed the TD just before halftime.

I hope so because we were not aggressive on either side of the ball. Maybe he thought lets see how we do straight up, which was close but not good enough and then let er  rip in the playoffs.

5 hours ago, GoFlamesGo said:

I don’t think he ‘threw’ the game as much as tried to win with a very simple defensive plan. Yes, McD is the type to not show all his cards in a game that wouldn’t have any standings relevance. Brady and the Patriots have been an atrocity for 2 years now vs the blitz, rushing 4 all game just isn’t the way to play them any more.

IF they play again this year, you will see a very different defensive formula. And a different defensive outcome. Book it.

better be different offense too.

well taken all day and my take on this was yes we tried to win but knowing we were in playoffs why show every play before hand.

the defense was avg at best but if we play houston in playoffs we can beat them , but our offense  does not score enough points in games and maybe we are not good enough to go much further  than that.

could we beat pats in playoffs score 21 points or more in game yes.   until we put points on board we wont win  enough games....i want to see battles won on field  and  see what we achieve ....

7 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

I believe Bills saved their "A" game plan for either Watson or Mahomes, whoever they play in the playoffs.  If they play Brady again, they'll come at him hard.

Agree with your comment.  I had the feeling they didn't want to show anything but even with that they scored 17 points and made it close.

I’ve said this in other threads...

thry saved thrir A game for the pkayoffs

had this game bern a game of we win we control are own fate we eoukd have played differently.

why try to win by giving up film to a future playoff opponent who could use it to their advantage and they have 2 weeks to prep for it.

8 hours ago, Irv said:

McD put in a very basic game

IMO, a basic game plan happens most weeks - both offense and defense.  It mostly comes down to execution and fundamentals.  This week the Bills did not tackle super well.  I think NE may have "wanted" this game more than the Bills.

Side note: Edelman's "sell job" confirms what I have believed for a long time.  NE players will do just about anything to win, including in this case, faking concussions and hiring a clock keeper who will consistently try to screw the away team.  I'm somewhere between impressed and disgusted at the level of coaching and attention that must goes into practicing all the cheap ways to help your team win.

Yes I believe McD threw this game along with throwing the previous Pats game, Browns, Ravens, and Eagles games. Its all part of his and the wizard Beane's magical process, the 5 seed is right where they want to be. Once the playoffs start they will unveil their magical golden playbook/game plan nobody will see it coming, gonna be epic.

Edited by billybob71
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

Yes I believe McD threw this game along with throwing the previous Pats game, Browns, Ravens, and Eagles games. Its all part of his and the wizard Beane's magical process, the 5 seed is right where they want to be. Once the playoffs start they will unveil their magical golden playbook/game plan nobody will see it coming, gonna be epic.

The awesome thing is this post is meant to be sarcastic, but many posters have essentially said this all season. Early in the year I was told our offense struggled against teams like Washington because we don’t want to show what we got.