Is There a Chance McD Threw the Game Yesterday?

Irv

10 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I'd call the tackle-eligible TD pass a trick play.

A good call and one that makes opponents plan even more if they play the Bills.  I also like the TD to Brown.  It's almost like the Bills were telling other Patriots opponents this is how you beat Gilmore.

28 minutes ago, Irv said:

A lot of talk about a plane Jane gameplay.  Is there a chance McD put in a very basic game plan to not show his hat because he knows NE won't lose to Miami, the AFC East title was not going to happen, and he thinks we will play the Pats in the playoffs?  

Sincerely,

I Need to Get a Life.  

I hope this thread is just a twisted joke as there is no way in hell McD’s throwing this game.  He wanted momentum going into the playoffs not two losses.  He’ll sit injured people, but everyone is playing next Sunday.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think there is merit to this. Not that McDermott threw the game, but we definitely didn't sell out to win the way we did in our last 4 games. Not a single trick play or wrinkle on offense and defense. It felt intentional.

Definitely not throw the game and I have a hard time believing they wouldn't go all out to win but on the surface it seemed like they were holding back at least from a scheme point of view.  The pass rush packages were definitely Vanilla.   

With that said, I just think their offense  out schemed and executed against the Bills defense.

43 minutes ago, Irv said:

A lot of talk about a plane Jane gameplay.  Is there a chance McD put in a very basic game plan to not show his hat because he knows NE won't lose to Miami, the AFC East title was not going to happen, and he thinks we will play the Pats in the playoffs?  

Sincerely,

I Need to Get a Life.  

I agree.  You need to get a life

• Awesome! (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Irv said:

Sincerely,

I Need to Get a Life.  

or just go away

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Irv said:

Sincerely,

I Need to Get a Life.  

Charade cherishing coach causes chaos by chugging chances of catching chart-climbing Cheatriots.

I don’t think so.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Sincerely,

I Need to Get a Life.  

You're serious aren't you? LOL

As I said in another post.  Threw the game no.  Didnt give them his best gameplan because the game meant nothing.  Yes. 

If you think you knew how to attack them would you use that gameplan on a game that for the most part was meaningless?  Or would you go out and try and match up with them playing basic D.    Hope for a win but if you dont get you didnt give anything away.  Just saying it's not ridiculous...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

We all agree that NE losing to Miami was far fetched....but thinking we played vanilla in case we meet NE later in the playoffs is silly IMO...the odds of the Bills playing NE in the tournament are even more remote than them losing to the fish....KC at home is NOT losing to Pitt or whoever is the #6 seed....

They wouldn’t have done it for New England, it would’ve been for Houston (playing vanilla). 

Buffalo won’t depend on a 6 seed to beat the Chiefs, they’ll go through Houston and Baltimore to meet New England in the AFC Championship. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I think there is merit to this. Not that McDermott threw the game, but we definitely didn't sell out to win the way we did in our last 4 games. Not a single trick play or wrinkle on offense and defense. It felt intentional.

Dion Dawkins caught a touchdown.  And they played off of the brown throw in the last NE game with the brown reverse.  So offense wasn’t entirely vanilla.  

defensively, however, I agree with the premise the McDermott held his cards.  The Texans and anyone else we might get in the playoffs will see a much more aggressive approach. 

31 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I used the term sandbagging yesterday. No Tre or double coverage on Edelman, no blitzes at all. I think he didn’t want to show them anything in case we see them in the playoffs. (At least I hope that was the case for yesterday’s game plan)

yup.  Look at what KC did to Edelman.  Doubled him and took him away.  If we see NE again, what travels with Harry, Edelman gets the double, and we hope that Milano and the safeties handle the run better.  

I wouldn’t call it throwing a game by any means, but the defensive style was so different it was apparent. I just think they knew their chance at a division title was slim, and the chance of seeing NE again in the playoffs was greater. So it seemed they went with a simple game plan and showed none of what they might be working on for the playoffs yesterday. Everyone knows how Brady and his O line have done in the passing game this year, it’s all on film. The Bills did zero to exploit this, even when Newhouse came into the game. They wanted to win, for sure. Just not at the expense of getting wins in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1