Armchair QB Whisperers beware! Pros see Allen differently.

Chandler#81

3 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Absurd?  Im just going to leave this right here.   This is and objective review of Allen by the same national media.  (with clips in link) 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/boston.cbslocal.com/2019/12/22/josh-allen-was-terrible-great-afc-title-game-preview-leftover-patriots-thoughts/amp/

I don't think "objective review of Allen by national media" and "Michael F. Hurley, CBS Boston WBV TV" belong in the same sentence.

He's a local Boston sportswriter

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, london_bills said:

Ok. He's not throwing picks. Let's see if he progresses to improve everything. 

(Not to be argumentative but the majority of the first half was the Allen of last year.) 

BUT, It was against the Patriots*, and it was NOT the Allen of the first meeting this year. That IS progress. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Josh is making some of the same mistakes now that he made nearly 2 years ago.

Are we sure he's progressing and "learning" ???

His completion % is more what I'd call regressing to the mean.

His center says he's sure.  Sounded pretty spontaneous.

His WR say they're sure (1 having career year and 2nd 1000+ yd season, one 55 yds shy of career year)

His to-the-point and chary-of-praise head coach in his presser said "I thought he played well" (which is not what he's said of some earlier games)

Time will tell, and meantime you go on and have whatever view pleases you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Armchair QB Whisperers beware! Pros see Allen differently.
9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think "objective review of Allen by national media" and "Michael F. Hurley, CBS Boston WBV TV" belong in the same sentence.

He's a local Boston sportswriter

Who works for CBS sports, aka national media. 

And that article in and of itself was completely objective.  No bias whatsoever. 

• Haha (+1) 3

If it were up to me I'd ban all the Allen haters. Not because they deserve to be banned, but because I'm sick of reading garbage. Same with the McDermott haters. I don't want to have to sift through mindless garbage.

Here we have a regime that broke the drought, rebuilt the team, wins games, goes to the playoffs two times out of three, double digit wins for the first time this century, built a top 3 defense, and people still talk bad about them. We've got a QB who just wins games, comes up clutch when it matters, is an athletic freak, and pushes the ball down the field and we have fans who still bash him.

Just do us all a favor and go root for the Patriots.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

If it were up to me I'd ban all the Allen haters. Not because they deserve to be banned, but because I'm sick of reading garbage. Same with the McDermott haters. I don't want to have to sift through mindless garbage.

Here we have a regime that broke the drought, rebuilt the team, wins games, goes to the playoffs two times out of three, double digit wins for the first time this century, built a top 3 defense, and people still talk bad about them. We've got a QB who just wins games, comes up clutch when it matters, is an athletic freak, and pushes the ball down the field and we have fans who still bash him.

Just do us all a favor and go root for the Patriots.

Perfectly stated. 100% agree. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

Where do you see regression from year1 to 2?

ear Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
2018 22 BUF QB 17 12 11 5-6-0 169 320 52.8 2074 10 3.1 12 3.8 89 75 6.5 5.4 12.3 172.8 67.9 49.8 28 213 5.35 4.37 8.0 2 3 6
2019 23 BUF QB 17 15 15 10-5-0 268 456 58.8 3084 20 4.4 9 2.0 146 53 6.8 6.8 11.5 205.6 85.6 46.5 38 237 5.76 5.75 7.7 4 5

The dude would make Flat Earthers envious the way he picks and chooses what suits his opinion. 

2 hours ago, london_bills said:

Something is going on mentally with him that is affecting his technique. If you watch his presser he talks about having to sort this out. 

That first Pats game did a number on him, he didn't seem to have an over-throwing issue until then.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Those comments are such BS.  I mean you don’t think that former coaches and players that have actually played in the NFL or who cover the NFL for a living, know more about the position than a couple of math nerds putting numbers into spreadsheets, do you?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

The dude would make Flat Earthers envious the way he picks and chooses what suits his opinion. 

That first Pats game did a number on him, he didn't seem to have an over-throwing issue until then.

Yeah. There's the overthrowing but also what I would describe as not seeing the game, flustered, jittery, intimidated. 

I do remember last year in green Bay was similar. He just looks a different player like a switch is turned. 

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

2nd year QB

Super Raw

Two legit NFL wide receivers then a sea of jags

For christ sake....your team is at 10 wins and he is a big reason why

You see I disagree with 'he is a big reason why' we are at 10 wins. He is not a big reason why. He is a part of it absolutely, at times he is a reason why but not in total.

The accumulation of talent and depth, Coach motivation and the defence are a bigger reason as to why we are at 10 wins than Allen alone, generally speaking. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

BUT, It was against the Patriots*, and it was NOT the Allen of the first meeting this year. That IS progress. 

True. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I believe we have to remember that Josh is a very young man growing into the game. Think back to Jim Kelly. He was highly sought after. A star at a major University. Miami Hurricanes. He was a professional star with the USFL. Yet his early times with the Bills he showed the require to grow for a time. He surely wasn’t a HOF Quarterback to begin with.

Provide Josh with a better OL. Give him another top WR and time to learn.

He will be a good one....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

His center says he's sure.  Sounded pretty spontaneous.

His WR say they're sure (1 having career year and 2nd 1000+ yd season, one 55 yds shy of career year)

His to-the-point and chary-of-praise head coach in his presser said "I thought he played well" (which is not what he's said of some earlier games)

Time will tell, and meantime you go on and have whatever view pleases you.

Josh Allen is going to be a stud for a long time

I don't put my name behind most QBs or any QB from the Bills in the last 20 years

Allen's my guy. Beasley said he would get into a bar fight for him and so would I

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Perspective is needed.  Jim Kelly, with 2 seasons of USFL football, comes to Buffalo.  His first two seasons he throws 41TDs, 28 INTs and 59 % completion rate.  Josh Allen has, in 2 seasons, 30 TDs, 21 INTs and 56% completion rate.  Comparable stats.  Give the young man to grow and develop.  He can be a good QB in this league

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, london_bills said:

You see I disagree with 'he is a big reason why' we are at 10 wins. He is not a big reason why. He is a part of it absolutely, at times he is a reason why but not in total.

The accumulation of talent and depth, Coach motivation and the defence are a bigger reason as to why we are at 10 wins than Allen alone, generally speaking. 

True. 

London,

Where do you think our offensive production comes from on this 10 win team?   Do you realize just how hard it is to even find a starting QB in this league?  Josh Allen is probably the BEST qb we have even had on the roster since Jim Kelly

The reason why I say "big reason" and not "reason" is because with our defense we would be no where.....but you actually have to be able to score points to.   Josh Allen provides a good amount of that production.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Who works for CBS sports, aka national media. 

Bzzzt.  Working for the local affiliate of the CBS network is not the same as working for national media.  "I cover sports for wbz".  Direct from the guy's own twitter.

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

And that article in and of itself was completely objective.  No bias whatsoever. 

You're a Funny Dude.  I don't think you intend to be a humorist, but you are.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Perspective is needed.  Jim Kelly, with 2 seasons of USFL football, comes to Buffalo.  His first two seasons he throws 41TDs, 28 INTs and 59 % completion rate.  Josh Allen has, in 2 seasons, 30 TDs, 21 INTs and 56% completion rate.  Comparable stats.  Give the young man to grow and develop.  He can be a good QB in this league

The objection that wil be offered is that the completion percentage is typically much higher now a days

6 hours ago, Irv said:

I'm astonished at the cannon the guy has.  I'm also astonished that an NFL caliber QB can't hit a wide open Beasly 15 yards away.  Seems to be throwing off the back foot a lot.  

It feels like he either misses an open guy or hits them in BOTH hands and they drop it.