Why Does Edelman Never Get Flagged for Taunting?

RaoulDuke79

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Well, the league quickly swept the whole Rodney Harrison dealing HGH thing under the rug pretty quickly 15 years ago, so ya gotta wonder...

I believe Edelman took PEDs to improve the healing process for his ACL tear and probably knew he might get suspended for it. I also suspect the logic was, better healthy legs and a 4-game suspension than a long-term decline in play due to a serious leg injury. I really don’t hold PED use against NFL players because a) I think HGH use is rampant and b) HGH is actually a very good healing agent for muscle tears, which NFL players get all of the time. 

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Well, the league quickly swept the whole Rodney Harrison dealing HGH thing under the rug pretty quickly 15 years ago, so ya gotta wonder...

I just don’t get it. As an organization has there ever been one that has more on and off the field controversy than NE over the last 19 years? 
The owner as zero class and feels he is above it all. This attitude then seeps down into every other area of the franchise. His wife has to be rolling over in her grave as to what  Bob has become. 
The entire Pats  organization feels it is  ‘win at all costs and make someone catch you or stop you from cheating’. Edelman is the worst offender as a player since Harrison. Well maybe Gronk, but Harrison was a complete dirt bag cheap shot artist.

• Like (+1) 1

Another thing that urks me, aside from Edelman being the sh*t on the bottom of your shoe, is the dumb*ss announcers who defend him. Perfect example last night in Kurt Warner. Tried to say that Edelman wasn't attempting an illegal pick on the defender, no he was bracing at the last minute for the hit he saw coming. Gtfoh with that bs Kurt. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I just don’t get it. As an organization has there ever been one that has more on and off the field controversy than NE over the last 19 years? 
The owner as zero class and feels he is above it all. This attitude then seeps down into every other area of the franchise. His wife has to be rolling over in her grave as to what  Bob has become. 
The entire Pats  organization feels it is  ‘win at all costs and make someone catch you or stop you from cheating’. Edelman is the worst offender as a player since Harrison. Well maybe Gronk, but Harrison was a complete dirt bag cheap shot artist.

Im a bit suprised nobody asks what the deal with Krafty and his sex exploits how has it been swept under the rug?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CardinalScotts said:

Im a bit suprised nobody asks what the deal with Krafty and his sex exploits how has it been swept under the rug?

Yep, a man who is very intelligent yet he had no idea the women giving him illegal massages were part of sex trafficking. Sure. It’s the Patriot way, just play dumb and say it was a mistake. 

On 12/22/2019 at 7:30 AM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Granted, my disdain for this guy runs deeper than it has for any player in the NFL, but why is he continually allowed to get up and talk ***** to the defense all of the time? I get it, most players do the first down signal and Zeke has his "feed me" schtick, but I never see  jawing at opposing players after plays like he does go unchecked. That aside he's also a PED using cheap shotting scumbag of a player. 

How come Brady can trip Oliver & not get a flag, how come Josh gets a face mask & there's no flag, how come Jordan Phillips gets a flag for USC ?

All questions that only Yoda can answer !! 

On 12/22/2019 at 8:30 AM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Granted, my disdain for this guy runs deeper than it has for any player in the NFL, but why is he continually allowed to get up and talk ***** to the defense all of the time? I get it, most players do the first down signal and Zeke has his "feed me" schtick, but I never see  jawing at opposing players after plays like he does go unchecked. That aside he's also a PED using cheap shotting scumbag of a player. 

He probably doesn’t cross an unwritten line I guess... but if I’m honest I don’t get how they decide to throw it.. they helped the Ravens out last week when the Browns were rolling with an unsportsmanlike taunt penalty on OBJ and I really didn’t see anything deserving of the flag.  (Turned a 22 yard gain into a 7 yard gain) 

Edited by PatsFanNH

Players talk trash ALL the time. Almost after every single play. Not sure what sport you have been watching.

Lots of stuff to hate Edelman about, but attacking him for this is kind of strange. That means you should be attacking 75% of the NFL.

On 12/22/2019 at 11:17 AM, CardinalScotts said:

That has been thrown out of court because the wire tap was not done properly.. amazing what money can get you out of.  (Mind you a 80 year old widower getting a happy ending didn’t make me think less of him.  I don’t know how I’d be thinking at his age and my wife being gone.. I’ve learned not judge others when I have no idea what they are going threw.)

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Players talk trash ALL the time. Almost after every single play. Not sure what sport you have been watching.

Lots of stuff to hate Edelman about, but attacking him for this is kind of strange. That means you should be attacking 75% of the NFL.

I'm watching the same sport as you. If you dont see the difference between what he does and the rest of the league I guess we just dont see eye to eye.

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm watching the same sport as you. If you dont see the difference between what he does and the rest of the league I guess we just dont see eye to eye.

We don't. You're allowing your personal bias to cloud your judgement.