I think we, the fans, just wanted it more than the team.

Dan

In thinking about the game, it feels to me that all of us fans just want these wins more than the players and coaches.   We're the ones that have suffered for nearly 2 decades.  Each year, twice a year, they walk all over us.  We want Brady gone. We want to win at all costs.  

The players, the coaches... yeah it's just another game to them.  They got the playoff spot wrapped up last week. They didn't ..have.. to win today.  They could come out a little flat. Have a lackluster game plan.  They don't truly understand the misery we feel watching that team walk all over us.  Because, yeah, they haven't been here through it all.

Maybe they'll play better next time.  Maybe in a few weeks they'll come out and actually care.  But for today it seemed like they just played a bit like... the win just didn't matter as much. 

We all sit here and rip each other over this play and that play. But really didn't the whole team look flat?  Wasn't the game plan on offense and defense just bad?  It's hard to find any one player or coach that lost the game because they all looked a bit disinterested other than a few moments here and there.   The passion everyone on this board just seemed missing on the Bills' sideline for the most part. 

• Like (+1) 2

I havent seen a team care as much as this one does in a long while.  I swear Josh Allen was about to cry in his press conference.  They prepared for this all week and lost a hard fought game in the cold while we sit inside and drink beer.  Give me a break.

I get it though, we have experienced this pain longer. But I think they know that and it does motivate them.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

some are having a lot of trouble processing that the Pats are a better team and won at home 

They won at home, they may not necessarily be a clearly better team. It's close. They're probably slightly better. But we can beat them and match up with them. And the margin is slight. 

• Like (+1) 5

44 minutes ago, Paulus said:

This is serious?

I hope not..

The team we all support so much lost a tight game against quality opposition , but it seems a bit much for us couch potatoes to call out the players motivation as being less than the fans..

Edited by Aussie Joe

2 hours ago, Dan said:

In thinking about the game, it feels to me that all of us fans just want these wins more than the players and coaches.   We're the ones that have suffered for nearly 2 decades.  Each year, twice a year, they walk all over us.  We want Brady gone. We want to win at all costs.  

The players, the coaches... yeah it's just another game to them.  They got the playoff spot wrapped up last week. They didn't ..have.. to win today.  They could come out a little flat. Have a lackluster game plan.  They don't truly understand the misery we feel watching that team walk all over us.  Because, yeah, they haven't been here through it all.

Maybe they'll play better next time.  Maybe in a few weeks they'll come out and actually care.  But for today it seemed like they just played a bit like... the win just didn't matter as much. 

We all sit here and rip each other over this play and that play. But really didn't the whole team look flat?  Wasn't the game plan on offense and defense just bad?  It's hard to find any one player or coach that lost the game because they all looked a bit disinterested other than a few moments here and there.   The passion everyone on this board just seemed missing on the Bills' sideline for the most part. 

This is ridiculous if you think the players don't want to win more than fans.  

4 hours ago, Dan said:

really?

Really don’t think the players wanted to make a statement of beating the champs on home turf and make next week a very interesting week?  Come on man we got beat by a team with a the top defense in the league and our defense got shredded by poor tackling on defense.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Please stop whining.  It is so unbecoming to be overtly feeling so sorry for yourself.  It was largely a symbolic game, a win would almost certainly meant nothing.  And they were game as hell yesterday in losing.  Good stuff.

We are on the rise and they are in decline.  Let's beat them next year when it means something.  On to the playoffs, lots of meaningful stuff still on the horizon!!  

Edited by Casey D

I think the Bills players wanted to beat the Patriots just as much as the Bills Fans wanted them to do. I believe all the additional national and local attention along with the numerous accolades might have taken the edge off some of the players focus. From my perspective, the Pats seemed to be the more determined team.

5 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

They won at home, they may not necessarily be a clearly better team. It's close. They're probably slightly better. But we can beat them and match up with them. And the margin is slight. 

This is the closest! ?

And that is why fans are more embittered about this ‘L’, than any of the previous THIRTY- SIX ? this Millennium. Those were largely committed by Clowns to the Left of me, Buffoons to the right teams, a stumblebum mess of sub talented players and eedgit HCs.

This is different. The light is at the end of the tunnel- fast approaching. More accuracy from the strong arm QB and a couple of 6-4 monster WRs/TEs under the Draft/FA trees and all will be well- finally.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Dan, I'll post here because I've been thinking about a post and it has a lot of overlap with this.  Yes, you're right, the whole team looked flat.

I think the team told us, pregame, that this game wasn't going to get their ultimate effort.  Not in so many words, but it was a subtext of a number of pressers and media appearances.  Josh, in his Weds presser, said stuff like "I understand what it means to the fans, but we have goals beyond this"  

Not that they weren't playing hard or playing to win, but I think it was a choice by the coaching staff not to pull out all the stops and "Go for the Gusto" on this one.

And I think it may be a mistake in human artithmetic on McDermott's part.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Better coached, more efficient, and well, they spy/cheat. They also play better Special teams. Minus the one tip of the field goal our special teams has been disgusting. A few  pins deep here and there but never ever a big play i.e. return for a td, blocked punt etc. Good Special teams can steal a win or 2 !

Edited by billsfan_34